View Poll Results: How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?

Voters
47. This poll is closed
  • Refuel/Rearm/Repair all in one spot on flight deck

15 31.91%
  • Refuel/Rearm between elevators 1&2, Repair in hangar bay

23 48.94%
  • Rearm between elevators 1&2, Refuel towards rear of deck, Repair in Hangar bay

9 19.15%
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: USS Nimitz

Great addon m8,

tnks for the great work!

The take of is fantastic ! "salute"
    Last edited by Sneaker-78-; Feb 25 2011 at 17:39.

Protip: do not use the Elevator when you are in a vehicle,you will glitch under it. Nice work nonetheless and i lol'ed at the briefing room (operation Sandwich ftw)

Author of the Thread
    Hmmm Charles which vehicle was in that you "glitched under"? And I'm guessing this happened while going UP? Also yea I'm aware of the LOD-switching issue for the planes, don't know if its maybe because of the size of the ship or the amount of polys?

Also... I don't think I mention in the readme file but if you put a towing tractor on the carrier you'll be able to tow aircraft. At least all standard BIS aircraft + Ikar's F14.
    Last edited by JDog; Feb 25 2011 at 17:27.

Thank you very much. This is absolutely awesome. It makes landing an Aircraft so much more har... ehhh I mean enjoyable.

Thanks for your hard work.

cheers

It was a Harrier, but i fastforwarded the time 4x, so that could be it.

Very well done Sir.

Great package overall JDog, appreciate the attention to detail. Should be exciting to see what the future holds from you.

Did run across a script error, I'm a goon for not having it in front of me.. Using -showScriptErrors, was persistant in nature. Something to do with catapult.. sorry. (will edit)

Kickass though!

Quote Originally Posted by JDog View Post
    Hmmm Charles which vehicle was in that you "glitched under"? And I'm guessing this happened while going UP? Also yea I'm aware of the LOD-switching issue for the planes, don't know if its maybe because of the size of the ship or the amount of polys?

Also... I don't think I mention in the readme file but if you put a towing tractor on the carrier you'll be able to tow aircraft. At least all standard BIS aircraft + Ikar's F14.
    Thanks for all the work you put into this JDog. One slight problem though, the tractor will only tow aircraft that have been placed onto the carier with setPos, if I place an aircraft down on the land, fly it over to the carrier and then try to tow it, the action isn't available.

I've also tried to set the land aircraft to 0 height, then when I try to tow it on the carrier, it explodes taking all aircraft in the hangar with it. Is there any way around this?

Thanks!

I tried the FileFront download link and it doesn't work.

I click download and then a screen pops up saying "thank you for downloading" then underneath it it says the file your looking for is cerrently unavailable.

Author of the Thread
    MissileMoose,

I use rundll.exe's Generic Towing Script for the tow function. When it initializes, it does so at a given position with a given range. I didn't account for aircraft NOT starting the mission on the carrier and then being towed, so when it initializes its radius is 1000 I believe I set it to. My bad. I'll add it to the list of things to fix/change with the next update. The search radius is taken off a global variable, I'll see if its possible to change that within the mission since its already defined in the script, and get back to you.

Victim, GameFront is being lame right now I think, the "Upload" button on the upload page wont even load so maybe just heavy traffic on their end. I'll check it later and upload it again if I have to.
    Last edited by JDog; Feb 25 2011 at 18:16.

@jdog

Your aircraft carrier looks great. I already have a mission I am putting this into.

Question: Do you have a demo of AI using the catapult to take off? I have tried the scripts. I can get the plane to attach to the catapult . I can get the JBD to go up and down.
    What I cannot seem to do is get the plane to launch correctly. I am using standard BIS planes. I can hear the catapult fire, but the planes shoot off to the side and explode. I am testing this on your demo mission.

Nomadd

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast