Sign in to follow this  
3dartist

WIP "St.Petersburg 2017 Edge of Extinction"

headerre.jpg

=Welcome to=

"St.Petersburg 2017 Edge of Extinction"

Hi all,

I`m creating this thread to stop spamming my own in Tu-95MS thread with post that`s are not related to.

=Intro=

The "St.Petersburg 2017 Edge of Extinction" is going to be a short cgi movie, it`s a "Graduation Project" that we are making for "Grafisch lyceum Rotterdam".

Benjamin came up with an idea to create a destroyed city that should wake-up your emotion feeling with help of camera movement.

After lots of brainstorming i came up with a story and camera shots.

After creating concept art i`ve drawed and animated an "Animatic" just to keep sketchy shots in my head.

After that we went shooting the footage in the greenscreen with my little sister Lizalot Walrave.

Next for me was cutting/choosing the footage shots.

Then i`ve created a "3D Previz" where in i`ve setted up the final scale of the city/directed-animated the tank and cameras.The rest of enviroment have to be created.

The story won`t be full by not saying that i`m (Oleg Kovalev) working on this short with my friend Benjamin Vlainic.

I`ll post more info dependent on time i have.

Just view all the links to see ower current state.

2D Animatic (Full HD supported)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rNKq-DDxG8

3D Previz !!!view it with sound!!! (Full HD supported)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy7EGbFl3mU

=PICTURES & CONCEPT ARTS=

Hope you`ll like it =)

A concept art by me:

moodboard.jpg

concepti.jpg

A concept art by Benjamin Vlainic:

concept2w.jpg

Animatic:

animatic.jpg

Edited by 3DArtist

Greenscreen shoot:

lifeaction.jpg

Tank progress through (Modeling/Texturing/Lighting/Materials by me),(UV`s by Benjamin Vlainic)

processe.jpg

Me in Maya ,working on Previz =):

previz.jpg

Edited by 3DArtist

You should make a full lenght CGI movie and show it on cinemas, you would gain a shitload of money. Oh and I forgot to express my self:

O.O

Nicely made! But wasn't Rotterdam easier, as you go to school there? (as do I ;))

Maar, inderdaad een realistisch verwoeste stad! ;)

nice work !! love it. is that music produced for you or is that music from a film or what ever ?

if you like a music and special effects for your film i can make this for you if you want. and i would like to.

i did an effect over for this trailer , effects where done in 2-3 hours.

music is also written by me , but it took longer to make it ;)

if you like it write me a pm. on pm i can tell you what else i had done for tv-stations...blah blah... ;)

greetz

masty

Very nice, good luck with the project! Any change of any of the great models ever making it into ...Arma?

Groeten uit Amsterdam!

Wist niet dat we zulk talent hadden op GLR, kom zeker langs tijdens eind expo :)

Looks nice, well done on the trailer, I'm really looking forward to see the end results

Very much enjoyed that!

Music reminds me a little of "In the House in a Heartbeat" from the film 28 Days Later.

Lol, maybe we should organize an Arma 2 gathering here in NL :)

Well soon as i`m done with this project i`ll definetly go with you in Rotterdam somewhere to chillout :)

Btw here`s a tunrtable of T-90 (probably the quality we are going for)

Edited by 3DArtist

aye, you can bet that we'll do anything we can to make something awesome :)

Nicely made! But wasn't Rotterdam easier, as you go to school there? (as do I ;))

ofc, rotterdam would be easier but that is no reason to pick a city ; )

We decided to do st. petersburg because it is a beautiful city beaming with culture.

if we chose Rotterdam, the video would not achieve the look that we are aiming for.

(which class are you in ? we're in D4A )

Wist niet dat we zulk talent hadden op GLR, kom zeker langs tijdens eind expo :)

Oud-student ? :)

Edited by Kuroyuki
added a reply

We are working with Kuroyuki(Benjamin) very hard on vehicles and assets before starting modeling building and building scenes.

Here is a render from a scene i use to test my setting and finding new ways to get the better result in quality. Also use this scene to create presets for later.

75226159.jpg

Edited by 3DArtist

i keep coming back to this particular image of mine:

TuHe7.png

Ok folks ,

Here is the FINAL preview of a quality we`re going for ,to deliver within a movie for our graduation,

after final presentation we are planning to recreate most of the content on a higher quality and then take time to make the movie as we whish to have it.

Edited by 3DArtist

Looks awesome Oleg but one thing i have to nitpick about... why does the plastic ( Bumpers, Sideskirts, Emblem ) on the Mazda rust? ;)

On the other side its most likey just a rust effect layer i assume?

Anyway, i forsee great grades with such excellent work.

We have no time to paint separated textures for plastic and chrome stuff.

See it as Dirt for now.The Black colored would be to much contrast,i tried to make it before i came with such decission.Soon as we have lots of time in our hand to recreate stuff.First thigns we`re going to do is model a better stuff where needed and repaint textures or make som extra new.Like making the current wheels burned out with metal wires coming out of , would be looking more real :)

=UPDATE=

We have almost reached the deadline,after discussen with our tutors we have come to a conclusion, to shift deadline to 24 april ,under one condition to deliver before 14 april a video with shots that has been finished.

Due to the lack of time we just can`t push scene detail density on a level as we thought to make in the begining, we have decided to rebuild the whole movie from scratch after exam ends.

Breakdowns:

Previz 2(first scene have to be build ,the rest is almost/or done):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf-PFuoxBAQ

wow, Those images are amazing.

You have an amazing talent. :)

Indeed impressive and i couldnt even hear the sound as im at work.

Best of luck and good grades to everyone involed.

Looking forward to this!

IT is done!

We have graduated with the maximum scores on 3 of the 5 things we got judged on. I will leave the rest of the posting to oleg ;)

@3DArtist (Oleg Kovalev) M8, you are awesome!

@the Arma Community, Thank you for your support, we hope we have meet your expectations, we did our best in this short time ^^

Edited by Kuroyuki

I will watch it tonight when i come home from work, congrats on the graduation ;-)

Wow that really looks like a lot of work! Really good! :)

Hi all!!!

I`d like to tell you that our St.petersburg 2017 Edge of Extinction is done.

We`ve done our best to make look this animation short as best as it was possible to get ,within limited time frame we had.

-We spend 1,5 month on Concept

-3D content/building up scenes/rendering/compositing took about 2,5 month

Wahaaa i`m so glad i`m done at the moment and can take abit of rest.

Here you`ll find a pictures of "GLR Exposition" we had on our school+links to final video below on my new youtube channel.

(me> Oleg Kovalev in "Gasmask" / Benjamin Vlainic in "MultiCamo")

dsc0247small.jpg

High-res screens:

dsc0245i.th.jpgdsc0247good.th.jpg

img1320a.th.jpgimg1325oc.th.jpg

FINAL videolink:

Hope you`ll like it =)

Edited by 3DArtist