Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Visitors for Arma2

Visitors is gonna be so kewl. So, are they gonna be telepathic…mutilate cattle…are they gonna have kewl laser weapons…? They aren't here to "probe" our defenses are they?!? :eek:

Just to let you know: "Visitors" are now named "Zetaborn" and are included in the latest version of Duala 1.9 or newer (1.91 soon). I'll also make a separate release soon.

loving the zetaborn on duala 1.9 and setting up my own Battle: Bologna missions. also when i ally the independents with OPFOR i use the cylon raiders from the BSG mod as the alien airforce :D

some (small) critiques:

- right now the zetaborn really struggle against tanks and armour especially on long range battles, possibly make the krak launchers guided using values from the metis or javelin?

- possibly make the aliens more scary by raising the ROF of the pulse guns, reducing recoil and making them more trigger happy for those blazing night battles

- also need an AA alien as they get utterly raped by choppers

- grenadier alien? zguba didnt really have one for arma 1 tho

anyways this effing rocks keep up the good work! i suppose you'll be porting over zguba's ufos as well?

I kind of felt the same way. A race capable of traversing the universe and making its way to Earth surely would be technologically superior to us. Their weapons, vehicles and defenses should reflect this.

They really do need some working ships and land vehicles, if the Space Invaders mod were updated those ships would be ideal. The little tanks however need a little work, as they keep flipping over. As for their weapons, I agree with fludblud they need to be improved.

Guided missiles, higher ROF, little or no recoil…maybe some kind of personal force field to protect them from small arms fire. Teleportation or cloaking devices maybe?

- increased armor and agression of zetaborn species, they also like to scare now

- improved technology of zetaborn species

- Krak-B Launcher now locks air and ground targets

WIP 1.91

There's something about the current sounds for their weapons that I don't really find fitting. They aren't really scary or futuristic to me, and they give off more of an arcade game feel.

I'd definitely suggest any of these as a replacement:

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=15350

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=30935

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=49695

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=49693

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=43883

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=104404

Edited by Hobbesy

Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?

when you finish?

when the time comes you and everyone will know... All you ever do is complain about people hurrying up to suit your needs! STFU and stop complaining...

Check your attitude to others and be a community member with respecting others.

I like these guys, the only real problem that I have noticed is that the tanks still have the flipping over problem. Even when they are on 'limited' speed and on flat terrain.

Edited by lo0se
meh

I'm unable to contact Hicher, I believe he's French. We tried numerous times, even through the french community. In order to fix that the model should be altered, but I don't do that if I don't have an exact permission.

Yes "Hitcher" is French. He seems to have left the modding community.

All my queries such as the "wanted" thread I have posted on Cfr Arma have raised no answer.

Well, he's fully credited for his work. Maybe changing the mass to 2x,3x of current will help the stability of the tank... will make a quick test.

Didnt read whole thread, but I noticed from past Videos "tilting" of UFO's

If anyone is doing UFO's (no doubt using the helicopter config)

TIP:

Animate the WHOLE vehicle for the inverse of the source "horizonDive".

Done it before for the ArmA1 Osprey.

This makes it look like the UFO travels flat / horizontal, only limited pitching.

You may even want to try it for the "horizonBank".

I don't have MLODs from Hitcher, so I am not changing anything from his work. We're tried contacting him in various ways, even through French community, but no success.

..... no idea whos UFO's they were.

..... then again, how hard is it to make a UFO ;)

hadoancuong: did you try the ones in Isla Duala v1.95 release? You have 3 types.

Here's a preview:

zetaborn0.jpg

zetaborn1.jpg

zetaborn2.jpg

zetaborn3.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

Gnat;2007881']Didnt read whole thread' date=' but I noticed from past Videos "tilting" of UFO's

If anyone is doing UFO's (no doubt using the helicopter config)

TIP:

Animate the WHOLE vehicle for the inverse of the source "horizonDive".

Done it before for the ArmA1 Osprey.

[b']This makes it look like the UFO travels flat / horizontal, only limited pitching.[/b]

You may even want to try it for the "horizonBank".

Please, can you explain that a little bit more for a Noob? I made a hot-air-balloon but the tilting was too ugly, so i stopped the work. I although had plans for a Zeppelin, but without a solution i never started with it.

Maybe you can do a very simple example for us, like an flying box. That would be enough to understand it.

Hope that isn´t to much OT.

I feel as though using the F35 as a base (VTOL code, not helicopter) would make more sense for the UFO's. Its always made me mad that they don't use it.

IceBreakr, do u implenet those ideas to this addon, what i've written to you in the last message (naked zetaborn aliens - vulnerable like humans, zetaborn with body armors - they are much more resistant against small arms fire) ?