Sign in to follow this  
EBass

Creating an oil fire on a destroyed Oil Well.

Yes I have searched.

Ok so I'm making a mission where you have to go and destroy the Oil fields in Northern Takistain, its happening at dawn and I really want some big juicy oil fires to add to the atmostphere.

So essentially on each oilderrick I've got a trigger with its condition as.

"!alive (getPos Ologic nearestObject 67813)"

And then I'm stumped, everything I've tried hasn't worked. Thanks for the help.

BIS_fnc_burn = compile preprocessFile "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Scripts\Destruction\burn.sqf";

[object, intensity, time, false, false] spawn BIS_fnc_burn;

Yes I came across that in my search but I need to be told where to put these commands. Moreover this "[object, intensity, time, false, false] spawn BIS_fnc_burn;" in a trigger comes back with one of those "Type string expect nothing" type errors.

Then you'll have to give it a handle.

nul = [...] spawn BIS_fnc_burn;

You can put this to the trigger (The one with !alive nearestObject condition)

Put compile preprocessFile into your init.sqf (If you don't have one create it).

There are a couple of things you need to do as Gekkibi suggests.

Here's how I do it.

1. place a function module on the map.

2. place this in an init.sqf file and notice that there is no space between burn and sqf as you have above.

BIS_fnc_burn = compile preprocessFile "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Scripts\Destruction\burn.sqf"

3. place this in a triggers on act baox, place a game logic named Ologic over the object you want to burn.

fire1 = [Ologic,15,time,false,false] spawn BIS_Effects_Burn;

I wouldn't use this line although it will work "!alive (getPos Ologic nearestObject 67813)"

You could do it this way.

place a trigger over the building you want to check, set it to not present and group the trigger to the building. If you name the trigger Ologic you won't need the game logic and can spawn the fire on the trigger and no need to put anything in the condition.

Edited by F2k Sel

Thanks guys I'll give that a try.

That works great, thanks a lot.

Edited by EBass

Sorry about my little typo. I was kind of tired and typed it (no copypasting). I'm happy it works. Have fun. :)

i tried what youve said and my game crashes. any more ideas or maybe a demo mission?

I've just had it crash myself, which method have you tried?

Mine only seems to crash if I spawn the fire at the trigger location but not when using a game logic for the spawn point.