Sign in to follow this  
seamus

Low fps even on low

Hi guys,i think arma 2,operation arrowhead and expansion,s are great but i have a problem with very low fps,i have even tryed every setting on low and still i am only getting around 29fps in game:confused:,is there any way i can get higher fps any help would be fantastic thanks so much my specs are

Windows 7 64

i7 920(not overclocked)

GA-X58-UD3R

6 gig of ram

msi hd 6950

1tb HDD

630 watt psu

monitor hanns.g 28 inch at 1900x1600

have u tried defragging ur ARMA2 game directory with a free program like gamebooster etc?

I find smooth gameplay comes with a defrag after every patch and update i install because so many files get fragmented with updates due to large size of ARMA2

Game runs smooth ever since i started doing this, if i forget to defrag especially after major patch i notice stuttering

i am only getting around 29fps in game:confused:,

Is this alone in the editor or while playing warfare or running benchmark2 or something?

have u tried defragging ur ARMA2 game directory with a free program like gamebooster etc?

I find smooth gameplay comes with a defrag after every patch and update i install because so many files get fragmented with updates due to large size of ARMA2

Game runs smooth ever since i started doing this, if i forget to defrag especially after major patch i notice stuttering

I have just reinstalled arma 2,would i need to still defrag arma?

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Is this alone in the editor or while playing warfare or running benchmark2 or something?

Its mostly online,i have tryed the first benchmark on arma 2 today and got 41fps on nearly all high settings,would it be my resulution that is getting me bad fps?

yes defrag after u install all updates, every update fragments files. forgot to ask if ur running off ssd or normal hard drive, if it's ssd i wouldn't bother much with a defrag

actually run a bench after u install everything and then run one after a defrag of the game directory if u wanna see the difference

If u notice no difference it may be something to do with online play

Edited by vasmkd

Ok i will try that, sorry yes i have a normal HDD,thanks very much for you guys help:yay:

Edited by seamus