Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

Airports - Roads textures View Distance

Well here is my problem ... when I'm flying above my terrain project, I'm facing low-visibility regarding roads and airport textures ... in fact ... while I'm in landing procedure, needs to be extremely close to the airport in order runway textures to be visible.

Is there any way to change terrain visibility distance through my config (especially regarding roads and runways) ?

P.S. please excuse my poor english.

I haven't found yet :(

There are 2 things to do to help pilots and also to have a better visual effect while on approach :

1° "paint" the _Sat with a distinct concrete grey colour

2° use some concrete texture on the _Mask for this area

Don't forget to add lights, the runways_PAPI things, navilights and runway_edgelights.

Of course, if you are building more crude airstrips, you will have to add objects such as barrels, small buildings ...along the runway to get some visual hints about the place where to land ... like in RL.

I haven't found yet :(

There are 2 things to do to help pilots and also to have a better visual effect while on approach :

1° "paint" the _Sat with a distinct concrete grey colour

2° use some concrete texture on the _Mask for this area

Don't forget to add lights, the runways_PAPI things, navilights and runway_edgelights.

Of course, if you are building more crude airstrips, you will have to add objects such as barrels, small buildings ...along the runway to get some visual hints about the place where to land ... like in RL.

Old Bear thanks for reply ... please take a look of these photos in order to have a better view of my problem.

ArmA2OA2011-02-0915-09-50-04.jpg

ArmA2OA2011-02-0915-09-54-70.jpg

ArmA2OA2011-02-0915-09-56-73.jpg

As you can see only at the time I'm very close to airport I'm starting to have visual with runway texture ...

ok thanks for the tip both of you.

I must assume that same thing must be done for road network ?

Edited by Aplion

Thanks again, I'll give it a try.

As they said it. :)

If you dont allready have it, export your visitor map to EMF image, convert it and line it up on your satmap. Took me a while to find out this was possible. :P

Everything should be explained here

@oldbear

where can i find those landinglights and runway_papi things

im looking for them for 2 days..

ca\buildings\misc\runway_edgelight

ca\buildings\misc\runway_papi

ca\buildings\misc\runway_papi_2

ca\buildings\misc\runway_papi_3

ca\buildings\misc\runway_papi_4

ca\buildings\misc\naviglight

Saludos.

Edited by Minimalaco

Here is the method I use:

I fly over airport within buldozer looking the whole area and then copy screen (pressing that key located above insert key on standard keyboards) and then save that on MS paint... before that I go for PS and cut only the airport part and I paste it on my sat_lco.png ... sometimes I have to adjust a bit to the right or left and mess a bit with brightness levels but the end result is almost perfect...

To know where the airport is located in the sat_lco pic, I use a new PS layer previously obtained by exporting "map as image" on visitor3 (preferably blue bottom color and red for objects)... In fact, this method is useful for painting every relevant object that need to be seen from mid distance when flying around... eg: farms, roads, etc...

Cheers!