Sign in to follow this  
cotabucky

Well deserved Credit for Bohemia and ARMA2

My new copy of PCgamer gives ARMA2 13th place out of 100 in the "Top 100 games of all time".

Very Nice and I have always loved the original Operation Flashpoint on the xbox and PC.

This is a game of long standing value! Nice Bohemia!!! I hope You continue to support this for a long LONG time! :D

BIS, your credit was long overdue, but here you go!!

praise be to the ArmA series!!! and burn those Operation Dragon Rising heretics!!! lol

seriously. ive never ran into a game that has taken so much of my life away!!! i LOVE IT!!!

keep up the good work!!! :D

PCgamer gives ARMA2 13th place out of 100 in the "Top 100 games of all time".

How do they determine the rating, does it say there?

BIS, your credit was long overdue, but here you go!!

praise be to the ArmA series!!! and burn those Operation Dragon Rising heretics!!! lol

seriously. ive never ran into a game that has taken so much of my life away!!! i LOVE IT!!!

keep up the good work!!! :D

DragonRising is the most insulting thing I could possibly imagine towards Bohemia.

I don't know how those guys over at Codemasters can sleep at night.

They could have at least made the game good.The xbox360 version is a pathetic joke.

The one thing I notice is Bohemias forums increasing in "viewing" count all the time. I hope that says We get more and more of our ARMA2 goodness in the future.Bohemia built this masterpiece,If there is ever a reason to pay and support a developer ARMA2 is just that reason.Bring good content I can use in the editor for online coop play and I will pay ;)

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

How do they determine the rating, does it say there?
Its clearly marked 1-100.Just a collection of games they felt were "the best of all time" .They ,mentioned Pcgamer and Pc gamerUK as who judged so I am guessing it was a team thing.ARMA2 is 13th and I think Left4dead2 was 15th.Ultima underworld 2 was on the list too(I loved that game as a kid!!!). Edited by cotabucky

dont worry, i made the sad mistake of getting the PC version unknowingly hoping it would be anything like the original OFP....i immediatly took my old PC out back of my house and shot it with my CAR15...

seriously did. maybe not for that reason but it makes it funny no?

just curious...what ranked 1st?

deusEx 1st,Wordl of Warcraft 2nd,Eldersscrolls 4 Oblivion was 3rd ;). I realy liked the top 100 list they did. I only remember 1/2 of them but I realy feel it was a well done top 100 list. ARMA2/Operation Flashpoint should have 1st though .

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

dont worry, i made the sad mistake of getting the PC version unknowingly hoping it would be anything like the original OFP....i immediatly took my old PC out back of my house and shot it with my CAR15...

seriously did. maybe not for that reason but it makes it funny no?

just curious...what ranked 1st?

I just sold my 24" DPMS Ar15 earlier this year to pay for my divorce lawyer so NO I DON"T THINK its funny!!! :D .

NO SH*T?!! i just did the same exact f*cking thing!!! hahaha

my beautiful DPMS 24" AR15 sold because my wife couldnt handle the responsibility while i was deployed. she doesnt know what the money was for yet though lmao

fun times fun times.

I had a 24" stainless bull upper with a olympicarms max hard lower.kns trigger/hammer pins,JP trigger at 3.5 lbs and an all around precision rifle.It was amazing considering that it didn't have a high dollar barrel on it.I could hit well inside MOA at 600 yrds with it using my magfed 75gr Hornady bthp handloads. :) I will miss it,but I have my Kids ;) Well worth it.Now I get revenge by buying an I7 2600k and 6970 build haha.All in the name of ARMA2 and some other great games I love on the pc.All done with consoles

Cool!! Finally a reviewer that understands us! :party:

Ha and cotabucky... you can rent guns but you can't rent computers you know.

Its clearly marked 1-100.Just a collection of games they felt were "the best of all time" .

Well obviously its clearly marked, im really asking other then their "feeling" there must be something that helps them or gives them

the idea based on position for the rank, I mean what exactly are they determining that makes it what it is.

Theres alot of games out there that isn't as complex and huge like BIS games, more so with Arma2 and OA now, why now they

choose us to be 13 over maybe 5 or even 2. I mean Oblivion is a great game granted, and you can mod the shit out of it like Arma 2.

For Wow how do they even compare Arma2 to a MMorph like that its not the same thing.

Well obviously its clearly marked, im really asking other then their "feeling" there must be something that helps them or gives them

the idea based on position for the rank, I mean what exactly are they determining that makes it what it is.

Theres alot of games out there that isn't as complex and huge like BIS games, more so with Arma2 and OA now, why now they

choose us to be 13 over maybe 5 or even 2. I mean Oblivion is a great game granted, and you can mod the shit out of it like Arma 2.

For Wow how do they even compare Arma2 to a MMorph like that its not the same thing.

Well I think You did a better job of answering your question.From what I read there was no accurate standard for judgement.It was there collected opinions from Pcgamer and UK PC gamer.They/OR He just quickly decribed under each game why they liked it so much and they gave them an order from #100 to #1

Thats all I can tell you unless I copy and print each page lol.Not gonna happen ;)

So "there collected opinions" is the answer from me

Ya makes sense, in one way i guess it really dont matter.

Opinions, are like A**holes everyone has one.

What they should do is do away with opinions and review and all the biased BS, you end up getting folks buying the

game based on some meathead's opinion, thats not accurate, this is one reason why every game should have an up to date demo all patched.

Most demos are crap they basically give you an idea how the game plays, but if theres bugs it leaves a bad

impression making it a 50/50 chance that a new they might buy it.

Let BIS and the community here develop some reviews, and great videos demonstrating stuff, we dont need some

idiot sitting at his desk who barely played the game give his opinionated review on a game that needs to be experienced,

as far as im concerned rank dont mean diddly squat.

Oh boy dont the guy in first place feel special now, big whip. The Media nothing but a bunch of

gossip hoggers with nothing better to do.

The guy that cares about a game plays the game, you dont play a game nor buy a game cuz its ranks number whatever

you play it cuz its cool, fun, and has things you like, enjoy and whatever else.

BIS set the standards for the industry, as far as Im concerned and they deserve their credit!

I hope Falcon 4.0 made their top 100 list. Old sim but revolutionary in its time. Same with EF2000.