Desert Ambsh(Resistance multiplayer mission on Malden):
I played that mission at least 30 times. I know everything. I would finish it if i wouldn't have so dumb real people. Computer is aways smarter.
My plan for that mission:
-Bring the truck to the base at the beginning of the mission
-Put one mine and three satchels on the road.
-Put mines around the stone base
-Put mines and satchels(Set them to 560 seconds) on the top of the hill(Not on the road)
-Destroy tanks with LAW or with mines if you have lucky.
-Destroy chopper with LAW
-Enbark truck and go on the airport.
-Destroy shilka and T80 and kill two pilots.
-There are two HINDS in the base. If you have 4 men you can take bouth(They're not without ammo as the breifing says. This was just a fix)
-destroy everything living with the HINd.
-Finish the mission
What do you think about that plan?
I played this mission 20 or maybe 30 times with a few friends (4-6) and all times we loose the fight.
Sometimes we nearly got it, but we loose.
So i edited the mission to make it a bit fairer for the
resistance. I only got 1xRPG29 (5 shoot) and 1xJavelin
(5 shoot) in the ammo boxes and after that we tried a
few times and won.
yes. you can do that. But, BIS thinks that you can finish it.
If we would be 8 people i think we could win this
mission much easier, but mostly we are only 4
so i edited the mission, because for 4 it is extremly
hard in this mission.
And i never used the addons rpg29 and javelin in any
mission, so this was a good test for the weapons.
Hoe the #### can you edit a mission in .pbo format
A buddy that I just met that game, chexdood, and I finished this a couple times.
Here's what we did.
1st method used:
1) Lay M, S, S, S, S, S from left to right on road
2) 2nd guy grabs sniper with plenty of ammo and a few RPGs
3) 1st guy grabs RPGs (3) and ammo.
4) Both wait facing W in SW corner of rocks in bushes
5) Just as the mine blows from the 1st BMP, set off satchels, and 1st guy RPGs 2nd trailing BMP
6) 2nd guy unloads on troops coming from W
7) 1st guy ensures everyone in convoy is dead and runs to E side of rocks
8) 1st guy RPGs 3rd BMP from E
9) 1st and 2nd guy switch spots so 2nd can snipe guys from E town.
10) 1st rearm, lots of RPG, engages T72 and chopper
11) the rest is just stray inf
2nd method used: (and this was fun)
1) Both guys grab RPGs and run (or steal truck) to E side of airport i.e. along the coastline
2) Move to the S end of the buildings and snipe the 2 pilots.
3) One RPG to the shilka
4) Both RPG the T72
5) Grab a chopper each and rain fiery #### down on convoy and troops.
fun stuff, love that map.
We beat it with 3 people. About the same thing as lakmethemud. Let's see...
* Avoid the truck. Too far to run and sometimes you run into a BMP in over there.
* Two people grab RPGs, one gets sniper
* Lay Mine & Satchels (mine on the left of the satchels when looking from the rocks) on road
* Wait in rocks for the 1st BMP to hit the mine.
* Satchel the trucks right then
* RPG the last BMP right then too
* Snipe/shoot everyone on the road.
* As soon as the T72 & Chopper show up, shoot them
* Run to the coast & sorta towards the village before the Spetznaz overrun the rocks
* Don't get killed running along the beach. Scavenge ammo.
* We came into the village from the far side. There was a line of brush going up from the beach that we followed.
Anyway, we thought it was an awesome mission. Hard enough to be challenging without being so hard you hate it. Also, the number of objective was kept down. Some of the co-ops we have been playing go a little overboard on the objectives (go attack this camp, then take this base, then steal a truck and go here. On the way capture this village. After you arrive at your destination, do this....)
Oh...you can edit a mission in .pbo format if you decrypt it first. There is some utility to do that. Check http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com I also heard that if you move the .pbo to your user mission directory you can edit it? Not sure about that...