Sign in to follow this  
Egodraco

Google Sketchup to O2?

I was wondering for a good while, whether I would be able to somehow move my created models to O2, so I would be able to test-fire few of my ideas. I tried to google something like this, but to no result. Sorry if the thread is somewhat inampropriate or something unrelated to forum section.

if when you export your files (3ds), you don't have the KFDATA blabla error, this should work. but i don't know for the uvmapping :)

Thanks for info. And when I do this, should I export different components and then somehow assemble them, or it is nothing wrong with the whole bulk. I mean like for example: export the chasis of the tank, export turret and then assemble them, via O2.

Thanks for the help. Maybe I missed a part, but... Where to put that .rb file to, to make it work?

Thanks. I guess I asked an obvious question. Hmm... UV mapping might be a bit of trouble, but I guess everything takes it's own time. Thanks again.

I sort of finished a few models by now, one thing I still don't get is, the making of interior. I mean like those for tanks and APCs... Because of that, should I make an empty shell, instead?

Not sure what you mean try to clarify, are you wondering how to get the interior to work?

STGN

Hello. :)

An empty shell Instead of what exactly?

Do you mean instead of the whole vehicle?

A vehicle can have different "views".Although the car class is a bit

limited in that regard.

A tank for example can have a view for the commander,gunner,driver

and cargo.This can cut down on the amount of geometry on-screen

by limiting it to just what's visible from that particular part of the vehicle.

..and that means, that the interior can still remain in certain bits?

Because I made basically the entire enterior: Bustle, ammo inside it, Gunner's sights, vision blocks, appropriate seating, etc. I might upload a few pics of how it would look like. I just still don't really have driver's position being done, because I had to resolve structural issues first.

Also what I mean, is when you turn out, and try to look below (like when you are in commander's station. It is easily noticable, when you use FDF's T-34) the interior is non-existant, so, I was wondering about how it is done, that, when you turn in, in vehicle interior appears, and when turn out, it dissapears.

Edited by Egodraco

"Turned in",as the driver,you would be looking at the "view pilot" area.

As far as I know,when you then "turn out",you're looking at the first resolution lod.

Which is why the detail is a bit lower.You could add some more into the lod,

but I wouldn't go crazy with it.

Although with armor,you're likely to have less of them on screen at once.

So perhaps a few more polys wouldn't hurt.

I (KIND OF) understand what you mean.

Well, I'm placing a few pics, to have an idea, what is going on with me (design is still a little dodgy, RCMG is kinda weird, and finish a few tidbits).

AG-88andM1A2SEP2.png

AG-88ArcticFrontandMaxElevation.png

EDIT: for more go to:

http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m559/Egodraco/

Edited by Egodraco
pics didn't show up