A first round of UI updates have been done
Personally I would prefer to have the tags a little smaller than the actual questions/answers, since they are less important.
A few more points to consider:
- Profile option to disable the avatars
- Ability to turn off email notification by default
- You may want to rename "Find" to "Search" (people are used to the later .. unfortunately)
- Highlight the "Ask a question" tab/button
- Separate visually (space/position) the left filters, Ask a question and howTo+rules (similar to http://stackoverflow.com for example)
- An element to show the last ten answers on the right side would be an idea
- The rss feed post should contain the nick/name of the poster of the question/answer
- The answer text box is rather small. Can it be made more wide at least please
- Is there a Skype group chat or similar for ARMASTACK yet?
- Long term: multilingual interface
True, i already get my mailbox spamed (fixed by filtering in another folder)[*]Ability to turn off email notification by default
Oh come on...Really?[*]You may want to rename "Find" to "Search" (people are used to the later .. unfortunately)
...or change the order[*]Highlight the "Ask a question" tab/button
+1. In my mind the How to shouldn't even be in the question list, but written exactly as the rules are.[*]Separate visually (space/position) the left filters, Ask a question and howTo+rules (similar to http://stackoverflow.com for example)
Goes together with a filtering option. For now though SA had enough PHP[*]An element to show the last ten answers on the right side would be an idea
True. Additionally the RSS should be a button on the top of the page, together with linked websites (mandatory in my mind should be the biki, BIF editing part of the forums, OFPEC, and eventually links towards tools/plug-ins...)[*]The rss feed post should contain the nick/name of the poster of the question/answer
Doesn't mind me[*]The answer text box is rather small. Can it be made more wide at least please
Not that i know of, but i don't really see its purpose.[*]Is there a Skype group chat or similar for ARMASTACK yet?
I don't agree with this, especially since all answers will be in the official web language, which is English. The auto-translator capability of the Questions2Answers is not all that great...[*]Long term: multilingual interface
Additionally, comments should be counted as well per question if not views as well. Or at least show some activity in a question, otherwise there is no way to check if you got some reply, even if not a straight answer
Last edited by PuFu; Jan 22 2011 at 11:49.
Unless SA wants to do this as an one man project, more people to join the effort, the
organization, administration, development and discussion should be a prime goal.
A group chat of any sort does that job well.
So what is your say SA? Do you welcome others to help you out or not?
PS: I don't get your attitude at all answering this one by one anyway. Everyone is
entitled to his opinion and impression. There is no right or wrong.
Is it possible to define multiple sets of keywords for the code coloring?
if then else are part of control structures. They should have a different color than SQF commands.
The site probably should be optimized on a default width of 1280. Less is probably no longer the standard
interface size people use.
Somewhat confusing is the enforced space between two lines, if you enforce a newline.
IMHO this should be removed - to use standard behavior is mostly a good thing and full control to the user
over the design is also meaningful.
Last edited by .kju [PvPscene]; Jan 22 2011 at 15:41.
There is a reason that when i post messenges of this sort, i actually number each paragraph, instead of bulleting them, so one can reply using the same numbers as reference.
Hey again thnx for the suggestions. Here are some points that I can answer straight away:
- the avatars stay. They really dont hurt anyone.
- The email notification is something to look at for sure. But for now you can just check off under the post before you submit
- the top menu layout will be looked at. Thnx for pointing it out.
About discussion channel: well I guess one can be made, I really dont mind, just find me on skype and we can make it.