Sign in to follow this  
TeTeT

Dogs of War: How to capture the Russian base?

I'm pretty new to Arma II and I'm stuck in the Dogs of War mission. While I found the insurgents HQ and destroyed it, I'm now stuck with the Russian base.

From what I've seen so far it is on the air base. But it is heavily guarded. My forces are composed of two BMP-2, with two squads aboard, and a single T-72. The base is guarded by a lot of T-90 and a few minutes after I engage them the sky is full of helos as well. Any way to resolve this in a more sneaky way?

Yes. You'll be better off not touching it at all

How does the mission end then? The captured prisoner is dead and all other tasks are completed. Do I have to use the end mission cheat once more?

No. Russian base is entirely optional (as said in the very beginning of a mission - don't touch them, they are just here to observe) unless you attacked them first already.

"The captured prisoner is dead" - ughhh... I don't quite remember the mission after all this time, but did you just say you killed Lopotev?..

"The captured prisoner is dead" - ughhh... I don't quite remember the mission after all this time, but did you just say you killed Lopotev?..

Not me, I got out of my BTR in the start of the mission and the prisoner was shot while de-boarding. Before that I had brought him back to base, but nothing happened.

its been a while since i played that long ass mission got (had to restart after 8hours!). i captured this dood on this island in the far south east corner of chernarus. then i flew him in my hind somewhere and eventually i found myself in front of some local guerillas that get jumped by spetsnaz. somehow that settles the russian problem i think.

Not me, I got out of my BTR in the start of the mission and the prisoner was shot while de-boarding. Before that I had brought him back to base, but nothing happened.

Read the briefing. You need to deliver him to russians alive to get the "happy end" ending.

Messing with russians will lead to a quite different ending.