Sign in to follow this  
kkdai

ArmA 2 System Requirements?

Everytime i try to open up ArmA 2 , I Get a Error called Shader Model 2 not supported Anymore?

Do you guys know what i need to do to get it launched?

My Pc:

3700+ AMD Athlon 64 Processor

ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 GRAPHICS HP

Any Help would be Appreciated! THANKS!set-up-company.gif

wheeled-briefcase.gif

Hello and welcome,

The Arma2 requirements are:

Arma 2: System Requirements

From Bohemia Interactive Community

Minimal PC Requirements

* CPU: Dual Core Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz / Intel Core 2.0 GHz / AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster

* RAM: 1 GB

* Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM or faster

Optimal PC Requirements

* CPU: Intel Core 2.8 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster

* RAM: 2 GB

* Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon 4850 with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM or faster

ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 GRAPHICS HP

According to this you have an integrated graphics card:

http://search.amd.com/US/_layouts/search/search.aspx?csquery=ATI%20RADEON%20XPRESS%20200%20GRAPHICS&collection=all-us

in the topics on this page are posts people have with issues possibly solved by an update in drivers,

or some other thing, tbh I cant really tell you, I'm sure theres an ATI card owner on the forums here that could possibly tell you,

hope this helps.

@kkdai

Arma 2 requires Shader Model 3, your GPU only supports Shader Model 2. So in short, ArmA 2 will not run on this PC.

Please read a bit through this forum and you'll see that your PC needs a general upgrade, especially CPU, GPU, Mainboard (because you wont find any significant faster CPU for your actual board, therefo upgrading CPU means upgrading Mainboard) and RAM (same reason, outdated Mainboard, old RAM probably wont work with new board).