Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

The Orphaned Projects Thread

Hello Community! Like many content developers for this community I have started projects that I will never come around to finishing or would like to finish but simply do not have the time right now.

This thread will allow people like me and others to post projects that are not in a finished state and allow them to be taken by the community and developed further and released (on their own).

I hope that this will spur completion of many more projects and the realization of peoples ideas.

RULES

1. This thread is NOT for requesting addons or making addon suggestions (there are threads for that), it is for developers who want to post their work for others to freely work on.
  2. This thread is NOT for forming teams of developers explicitly, do not post requests for team members here!
  3. This thread is for posting links to content immediately available. Do NOT post things such as "PM for links", content must be freely available to download at anyones discretion.
  4. Developers that wish to pick up an orphan project should post when they have picked up an orphaned project. This will hopefully facilitate team building, but please keep team building posts outside of this thread.
  5. If you release an addon originally posted here, please cross reference them so authors and other people know that the content has been released.
  6. Developers that pick up a project shall respect the individual rules of the poster, including rights of credit and distribution.
  7. THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR PEOPLE TO DOWNLOAD CONTENT AND THEN EXPECT IT TO BE RELEASE QUALITY OR USED IN MISSIONS! This thread will NOT be used to field support questions on content posted here. If you have questions PM the original author/poster, but respect their requests of not supporting them if they make them.
  8. All content posted here must be your own, or posted with the permission of the original author(s)! This is the same as any other addon thread!

Fan/news sites, I would request that you do NOT mirror the links posted here. While they are posted in the complete section they are not technically complete and might be so broken that it leads to game instability or other issues.

EXAMPLE

Below is an example post of what should be the standard format for posting orphaned projects.

---------------------- example ---------------------------

Addon Title

Description

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec elit sapien, auctor eget imperdiet vel, euismod in lacus. Vestibulum luctus porta mattis. Vivamus mollis viverra malesuada. Duis eu ipsum dui. Nulla facilisi. Sed porttitor tempus leo in venenatis. Aenean mauris urna, pulvinar et suscipit nec, commodo et lectus. In blandit commodo sapien et pharetra. Morbi lobortis vestibulum feugiat. Vestibulum in ligula vel elit scelerisque cursus ac ac erat. Donec tempus aliquet dapibus. Duis blandit auctor feugiat. Vestibulum convallis justo sit amet dui interdum eget scelerisque elit pharetra. Morbi id risus sit amet erat rutrum volutpat vel eget velit.

Nullam magna lectus, tincidunt sit amet consequat nec, convallis vitae urna. Nullam mi neque, venenatis sed tristique nec, imperdiet eget sem. Vestibulum at mollis justo. Aliquam venenatis iaculis metus, vel posuere nisi mollis ut. Nulla pharetra justo a turpis porta lobortis quis eu mauris. Cras fermentum, lorem eu luctus ornare, quam nunc interdum diam, eget congue nunc tortor vel neque. Nulla facilisi. Integer volutpat sem at nulla porttitor eu ultrices leo sodales. Maecenas pulvinar tortor ut dolor rhoncus eu tristique arcu posuere. Vestibulum vitae sem mauris. Vivamus tincidunt sagittis metus id mattis.

Intention

This should be what your intent of the addon is, it can be excluded if you have covered that in the description. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec elit sapien, auctor eget imperdiet vel, euismod in lacus. Vestibulum luctus porta mattis. Vivamus mollis viverra malesuada. Duis eu ipsum dui. Nulla facilisi. Sed porttitor tempus leo in venenatis. Aenean mauris urna, pulvinar et suscipit nec, commodo et lectus. In blandit commodo sapien et pharetra. Morbi lobortis vestibulum feugiat. Vestibulum in ligula vel elit scelerisque cursus ac ac erat. Donec tempus aliquet dapibus. Duis blandit auctor feugiat. Vestibulum convallis justo sit amet dui interdum eget scelerisque elit pharetra. Morbi id risus sit amet erat rutrum volutpat vel eget velit.

Media

Post media, pictures, youtube videos, etc here.

Rules

This section should be a list of rules on the use of the content, an EXAMPLE follows:

1. Credit original author when releasing.
  2. Addon work must be released to the general public, not for private use.
  3. Any changes to model must be redistributed back upstream.

If you want to post any sort of software license that does not conflict with the BIS terms of use then this would be the place to do it.

Requirements

If this is already dependent on another modification such as CBA or ACE then please post them here. Do NOT forget this part!!!

Download Links

Post links to download here. If using free hosting, please try to use the least annoying.

References

Post links to anything you have used as reference here, links to FAS, Globalsecurity, Janes, Field or Technical manuals, or anything else that might help other developers that want to continue development.

---------------------- end example ---------------------------

Below is a code snippet for people to use for their own posts. Please try to follow this format when posting orphaned content.

[color=red][b][size=5]-- REPLACE -- Addon Title -- REPLACE --[/size][/b][/color]

[color=red][b][size=3]Description[/size][/b][/color]

[color=red][b][size=3]Intention[/size][/b][/color]

[color=red][b][size=3]Media[/size][/b][/color]

[color=red][b][size=3]Rules[/size][/b][/color]

[color=red][b][size=3]Requirements[/size][/b][/color]

[color=red][b][size=3]Download Links[/size][/b][/color]

[color=red][b][size=3]References[/size][/b][/color]

I hope this thread comes of use for people and leads to more content from the community. Maybe even see some healthy competition on implementations of other peoples original ideas. I will be posting my first orphan soon. If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve this process then please let me know! :yay:

Edited by NouberNou

-- Fun with Particles --

Description

some fun for my scalar towers... and to see how particles can be used in abstract ways.

Intention

i was / did make a mission (boogie men) where these towers were an objective. with the help of spooner we were able to produce some fun. this is more an orphaned proof of concept than an orphaned 'project'. it is meant to show with example that a lot can be done with the arma particle system.

use as you will.

Media

arma2oa2010111409524053.th.jpg

fun2r.th.jpg

Rules

after the 1st billion i get 10%

Requirements

No additional requirements.

Download Links

Download: http://www.filefront.com/17514620/_fun_with_particles_OA_001.utes.rar/

References

Original WIP thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109953&highlight=fun+particles

Edited by Loki

Pointing Addon

Description

This addon allows people to "point" at things and allow people around them to see what they are pointing at. It will help in facilitate coordination during multiplayer play.

Intention

The intention was to easily show where people are pointing. Since you do not have the same field of view or the same ability to focus or follow visual cues such as someones finger I devised an aid to help show where someone is pointing. The person pointing uses a target cursor in the center of their screen. Wherever that target cursor is looking it shows a blob on the screen of other people close by.

I limited the opacity and the size of the blob based on the distance and angle to the person pointing. This makes it so that the person generally has to be standing right next to, behind or in front of the person pointing for it to be of any use.

The two main things holding me back from completing this further though was, first, the realization that it would create much network traffic and could cause lag/desync and second that it would be unfair of other players, especially in PvP scenarios, for them to be able to point and not be seen pointing. For example if you are under sniper fire and you begin pointing at the sniper, the sniper should see if someone is pointing at him. This would require an animation (a static animation would be fine).

Media

cI_NmHwi19Q

cOOybpB7qyo

Rules

Rules are really basic on this one... :)

1. If you release, please credit me for the idea.

Requirements

No additional requirements.

Download Links

The addon currently runs as mission scripts for development purposes and are provided as two missions (the one on Utes is the most recent I think, its been about a year since I touched it).

Download: http://raceriv.com/arma2/orphaned/pointing.rar 791Kb

References

Original WIP thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92505

Your hand... :confused: :p

Good luck!

-- M88 Source Files --

Description

The Sourcefiles for the M88.

3dsmax, sketchup , photoshop and BItools files

Rules

Only use in Bi Engine (ofp,arma1,arma2,armaOA )

Requirements

BI tools 2 (3dsmax, photoshop, sketchup optional )

Download Links

http://amt.kkwebservices.de/index.php?page=DownloadDBFileDownload&dataID=3

Forum Topic for Questions

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=113755

Uh-1D by Ugga

Description

Model is ready but unmapped. granQ (me) don't mind making animations and stuff if someone is keen on doing the mapping and textures.

Intention

From Ugga's release file:

This is only intended as a preview.

I want to give people the oppertunity to go all over it and bitch about all the small things that are

off/wrong/stupid/whatever.

The areas of intreset are Lod 1.000 and the View - Pilot lod.

I'm not done with this yet, I still need to map textures and whatnot.

However this is an Open Source release. If you want to map textures yourself (and fix all the other stuff)

Go ahead and do so.

granQ note, Ugga wanted this to be open source, he is no longer active in the community but a friend of mine so any questions, PM me.

Media

Will be uploaded later.

Rules

Requirements

This model is free to use by anyone as long as:

*I am mentioned and credited as the original author (Ugga)

*The model, textures etc. are not converted to any other game/engine (BIS EULA for modding stuff with Oxygen etc.)

*The model/addon remains open source. If the model/addon is not distributed in a un-encrypted form (for reasons of file-size etc.)

the addon must be available in a open soruce un-encrypted separate download

*The model/addon is distributed free of charge

Download Links

http://anrop.se/infusions/pro_download_panel/file.php?did=5&file_id=6

References

Revive Script Suite

Description

Revive Suite - non-addon based suite of scripts that creates playable units that fall unconscious when killed, which can then be revived. Enabling the ability to revive and heal other players, along with the combination of revive and respawn can really enrich your mission. The scripts can be used to enforce co-operation between players as you'll need to stick together and help one another to successfully complete a mission and they can also be used to limit the number of lives given to each player in respawn missions. These canned scripts take the guess work out of building respawn and revive into your mission and be used with the AI-enabled or disabled in the description.ext or at the mission briefing screen. There are an enormous number of variables and options that can be tweaked to suit your playing style.

These scripts were initially released several months after the release of ArmA and have been in continual development since then.

They were initially based upon concepts created by PRiMe, toadlife, [APS]Gnat and Mongoose_84 for OFP.

Scripts primarily written by myself but I have received the help of many community members along the way including: Xeno, Hoz at OFPEC and Z-Special Unit (http://www.zspecialunit.org), my friends at MAPFACT - MCPXXL, Sgt. Ace and Lester, Dr_Eyeball, Le_CuLtO, HulkingUnicorn, Ghost, satexas69, SNKMAN, sickboy, vengeance1 (JAAF), Legislator, Alef, Rommel, Raedor and Foxhound and ArmAholic for their great support and providing mirrors for all my scripts.

Intention

I no longer have time to pursue or support these scripts and would like the code available to any would-be users for non-commercial purposes only.

Requirements and licensing

These scripts are released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike License (CC BY-NC-SA)

Download Links

http://home.iprimus.com.au/simonnsl/revive/revive050_OA.rar

References

BIS forum script thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74396

Creative Commons License Information: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/

Edited by norrin

-- Boeing 767 --

Description

Here is the Boeing 767.

Its a port from a opf model from Gachopin who give me permission to bring it to Arma 2. Because of some rl issues I cant complete the addon, because many people like the idea of a Boeing 767 in arma 2 and because of the many hours people spent on working on the plane.

Right know the model is in the following state:

- model --> 70 %

- Texture --> 90 %

- Scripting --> 50 %

Intention

to fly this baby in arma 2

Media

4-je767fin_2.jpg

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/thumbs/4-ma767olwip_2.jpg

Download Links

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10502

AN/AAQ-28 Sniperpod

Description

Not really orphaned/abandoned but free to use anyway for anyone who is about to create planes. It is the AN/AAQ-28 Sniperpod which has several optics built-in (the realworld thing, not this one) like FLIR and normal optics. It has also self-lasing capabilities.

First resolution LOD is modelled, lower resolution MLOD's have to be made. It is textured, has rvmat, nohq and smdi files aswell as a psd template.

Intention

This is meant to (visually, not by function) equip planes with respective equipment.

:EDITH:

Rezoo wrote a script for targeting pods which would fit perfectly with this Pod: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117394

Media

anaaq281.th.png

anaaq282.th.png

anaaq283.th.png

anaaq284.th.png

Rules

It is OpenSource, just a line like "AN/AAQ-28 model by Myke" in the credits will do.

Requirements

Filepath have to be readjusted.

Download Links

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/GLT_ANAAQ28.7z

References

None

Edited by [FRL]Myke

-- Abrams crew --

Description

Right, so I made this tank personnel from the sample pack and various released community mlods. Thanks Binkowski and Johannes. I made this for fun and I don't really intend on making an addon for just a tank operator. So I'm releasing this here for anyone who wants to put it in their addons or want to create personals mods to replace the shitty vanilla tank operator. Warning: This ain't some shitty reskin. This is the real deal. Everything has been optimized and upgraded to work in Arma 2/OA. Has backpack proxy, correct lods and shadow lods. Just write your own configs and enjoy!

Intention

Media

commandery.th.jpg

tankdriver.th.jpg

Rules

I don't give a shit what you do with it. Just put Cinco in the credits when you use it

Requirements

Arma 2/OA

Download Link

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20058856/tankcrew.rar

Libya map unfinished

Description

land desertic of libya addon ufinished , testing in game work for me , but not sure for other

material for visitor , ready to use and to modified under visitor

Media

libyak.jpg

Intention

no time to continue , for those who want to continue libya map

Rules

Free rules

Free to use and realese

free to work on

Download

http://rapidshare.com/files/45602110..._map_empty.rar

Edited by colonel well

Could anyone of the 10 people who have downloaded the Lybia map reupload in another upload service which doesn't have a 10 download limit?

There are other people who would like to take a look at the map

Thanks very much in advance

Could anyone of the 10 people who have downloaded the Lybia map reupload in another upload service which doesn't have a 10 download limit?

There are other people who would like to take a look at the map

Thanks very much in advance

download limit of 10 is really annoying with rapideshare :o

I created a new link on Megaupload :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZD4YQFBX

Porto Santo Island

Description

Portuguese island of Porto Santo, Near Madeira in the Atlantic Ocean.

It features:

- Working Sat based on Google Earth

- 1 colour Mask (should need replacing)

- 90% complete road net

- More than 10 real life villages

- Airport (class ILS needs refining)

- 1 LHD

Intention

I don't have time anymore to work on this Island

Rules

None whatsoever

Do whatever you want with these files

If you feel like that, put my name in the readme

Requirements

Arma II as I only used Arma II pbos

Download Links

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SFZJV2MR

If no one has picked up the pointing addon from NouberNou then I'm going to give it a try. Please let me know if currently someone is working on it! :D

I guess I was somewhat overexcited, this is way beyond my capabilities.

Edited by Pvt. Lucky

Its almost like you read my thoughts, and then answered them Hund. I'm building the infrastructure right now. (You wouldn't mind if this was done as a part of PRACS would you?)

It is your stuff now matey, do with it as you see fit. If you do make something I'd really like to try it out ;D

GLT Missilebox weapon MLOD's

Description

Various missiles, bombs and equipment as used in the GLT Missilebox.

AGM-65
AGM-84
AGM-88
AGM-114
AGM-154
AIM-7
AIM-9M
AIM-9X
AIM-54
AIM-120
AIM-132
AN/AAQ28
AS-4
BGM-109
Ch-15
Ch-29
Ch-31
Ch-59
Exocet
FAB-250
FAB-500
FFAR Launcher (Pod, not rockets)
GBU-12
GBU-24
GBU-39
GBU-53
KAB-250L
KAB-500L
KAB-1500L
R-550 Mattra
Meteor
Mk81
Mk82
Mk84
R-3
R-27
R-60
R-73
R-77

The MLOD's include all required LOD's, textures and RVMAT files including normal and specular mapping. Path references in the RVMAT have to be adjusted to fit with your folder/addon structure.

Intention

Not abandoned but i decided to release the MLOD's as open source for those who might want to include some models to their own work (like JDog uses it on his Nimitz in the ammo storage room) or as sample models.

Media

http://glt-addons.armaholic.eu/photogallery.php?album_id=3

Rules

Depending on what you use, credits have to be given as usual. If not stated otherwise below, all models and textures are made by me.

IrishDeviant for: AGM-88, KAB-250L, KAB-500L and KAB-1500L. Outstanding work, mate. Thanks again.

RKSL-Rock for: AGM-84, parts of the GBU-12 (guidance) aswell for offering his UK Missilepack.

wld427 for: FAB-500 MLOD (created by godhammer), inspiration for the AGM-154 and the Kh-15.

NodUnit for: reference pictures of the AGM-114 texture. Thanks again.

FFAR Pods made by BIS

Please note that those credits don't reflect the credits of the Missilebox addon released by me as it only contains model relevant informations.

You're not allowed to use the MLOD's outside of any BIS product.

You're not allowed to use these MLOD's in a concurrency addon to the GLT Missilebox.

However, you're allowed to use the MLOD's inside a plane/chopper addon as ordonance for this plane/chopper

Requirements

None.

Download Links

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/Missilebox_MLODS.7z

References

http://www.wikipedia.org/ :p

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Thanks for the contributions guys.

FYI, limiting use to "BIS products" doesn't stop others from making shit loads of money from your hard work.

BI or BIS have military products too and 3rd party commercial developers interested in anything they can grab free.

RECOMMEND:

You're not allowed to use the contents for any miltary or commercial package.

But sure, some of you may not care. np.

Gnat;2007887']Thanks for the contributions guys.

FYI' date=' limiting use to "BIS products" doesn't stop others from making shit loads of money from your hard work.

BI or BIS have military products too and 3rd party commercial developers interested in anything they can grab free.

[b']RECOMMEND:

You're not allowed to use the contents for any miltary or commercial package.[/b]

But sure, some of you may not care. np.

Copyright laws these days are only used against the surfs... c-net and downloads.com which is owned by CBS where the sole distrubitors of limewire for nearly 10 years with paid presenters showing ppl how to remove software/music protection and providing copyrighted files for free download.... and CBS haven't been touched.

Alki David (a billionaire) has spent years trying to take CBS to court over this... so know none of your work is protected, peasants don't get protection.

LOL .... well we're certainly not going to go around stating "Please rip this work off, in any way possible, and make as much commercial or military gain as you can .... because I didn't".