Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

ATTN: Addon Makers - Rules of content permissions

Just a short note, most of you are aware of this stance but just to put it in writing again:

You must have permission to use something

As far as we're concerned, every person who uses something belonging to someone else, must have permission to use it for Flashpoint (if they use it in Flashpoint) and they must have permission to use it in ArmA (if they use it in ArmA). It's not correct to assume that because someone made something available for people to use in Flashpoint that you can use it in ArmA, express permission must be sought with the addon maker.

Need help contacting someone for permission?

Obviously there can be issues in contacting people due to their inboxes being full, them choosing to not make their Email address public, etc. etc. if you're having problems contacting someone to request permission I'm happy to help out, I can get PM's through to people who have full inboxes, I can send Emails to people who keep their Email address hidden, I'm here to help so let me, rather than breaking one of the cardinal rules of the community by using something that isn't yours.

If you want me to help you make contact please do the following:

Send an Email to: Placebo@bistudio.com with the subject: "Contact for Addon Permissions" (will help it get through the spam filters) include in there your forum name & the forum name of the person you want me to contact along with links to both of your forum profiles as well as the message you want me to get across to them.

If you make the request via PM I'm only going to reply back "please send the request via Email", sorry.

Consequences

Any threads discussing addons/mods using content for which applicable permission has not been sought will be closed, people who break this (rather common) courtesy face being banned from these forums, and probably much worse, face being shunned by the community they want to be part of.

We cannot enforce how people behave or treat the work of other people away from the forums but we can enforce how people behave and treat each other on these forums.