Major changes:

Version 1.1

• Opened another entrance north of the airport for AI movements

• reworked highway bushes with less density

• Fixed some objects placements at airport

• Cleaned some roads from residual bushes

• Planted some palms along the east highway

• Removed bushes from water

• City name location types reworked for better compatibility with mission scripters

• 2 new bridges near dams to enable AI movements in south west area

• Small enhancements all around the map

• Checked every bridge for AI crossing

This map release doesn't need updates on existing missions.

Edited by shezan74

Great news, thanks!

Freakin awesome map! Had a fight there yesterday and there are so many rooftops, balconies, doorways, hideyholes etc. that its an absolute nightmare to fight through the place.

I had a major sweat on just sitting at my PC!

Great map mate,

Brian :)

Fallujah 1.1 :oh::627:

Thank you for your great map once more my friend.

Even without the update you map was top 3 of all time for me.

o/ shezan

I LOVE your map, incredible effort. Will we ever see houses added to the SW riverside (020,065, and/or the areas in the far west where the satellite imagery details a few large compounds (100,034, 100,047)?

I have a 'bug' to report, by the way. Unfortunately one of the buildings you are using (I've only seen it once) has a shadow error, making it appear rather silly once you're close up to it. The building in question is an open warehouse/stable-ish building at GR 0671 0409, appearing brown on the map.

Other than that, I can envision no real improvement, except perhaps to use more takistani (open) houses in the places where it's affordable - out in the countryside. In particular walled-in courtyards seem to be missing (you can sometimes spot them very well on the sat map)

There's a nice plantation at 025,065; will there be some trees (plantation-type, idk) placed in neat rows there? Currently there's only random bushery in that location. :)

Yeah any chance to see large empty spaces in the middle of tight blocks filled with buildings?

Yeah any chance to see large empty spaces in the middle of tight blocks filled with buildings?

Those empty spaces are left empty due meet real satellite images.

Other areas has been left empty to provide some space for mission makers FOB's, mission targets and so on :)

Map is on it's way to Armaholic

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

o/ shezan

I LOVE your map, incredible effort. Will we ever see houses added to the SW riverside (020,065, and/or the areas in the far west where the satellite imagery details a few large compounds (100,034, 100,047)?

I have a 'bug' to report, by the way. Unfortunately one of the buildings you are using (I've only seen it once) has a shadow error, making it appear rather silly once you're close up to it. The building in question is an open warehouse/stable-ish building at GR 0671 0409, appearing brown on the map.

Other than that, I can envision no real improvement, except perhaps to use more takistani (open) houses in the places where it's affordable - out in the countryside. In particular walled-in courtyards seem to be missing (you can sometimes spot them very well on the sat map)

There's a nice plantation at 025,065; will there be some trees (plantation-type, idk) placed in neat rows there? Currently there's only random bushery in that location. :)

Please leave a note there, so i can have all suggestions in a single place instead digging the whole forum :) Thank you

http://www.dev-heaven.net/projects/fallujah

Edited by shezan74

Hmmm. According to the sat images included with the map itself at the map view - some empty spaces do have buildings

Hmmm. According to the sat images included with the map itself at the map view - some empty spaces do have buildings

yes, as said: Other areas has been left empty to provide some space for mission makers FOB's, mission targets and so on :)

Armaholic just frontpaged the new release (Thank you AH!)

Very nice map, though I have a small request... If you release a new version please leave out the version number from the pbos.

This map release doesn't need updates on existing missions.

This is not entirely true since the new pbo's are named differently mission makers has to port each mission over. The game wont allow running 2 or more versions of the map so the normal "load, merge, save" approach doesn't work.

Its a major headache to server admins and mission makers alike.

So my request is: Don't rename pbo's for each new version, rather change the map name or something such.

Edit: Are you aware that driving some vehicles over the bridges may cause it to bug out and the vehicles flips up in the air? (This was in version 1.0 but I didn't see anything about it in the new fixes).

Edited by mrCurry

^^ have to agree. Having the map name as Fallujah is MUCH better than Fallujah_1_1 or whatever means that I have to keep modifying missions :)

Very nice map, though I have a small request... If you release a new version please leave out the version number from the pbos.

This is not entirely true, since the new pbo's are named differently mission makers has to port each mission over. Since the game wont allow running 2 or more versions of the map the normal "load, merge, save" approach doesn't work Its a major headache to server admins that wan't to keep their servers up to date.

So my request is: Don't rename pbo's for each new version, rather change the map name or something such.

Edit: Are you aware that driving some vehicles over the bridges may cause it to bug out and the vehicles flips up in the air? (This was in the old version, but I didn't see anything about it in the version history).

Pbo Names doesn't creates troubles, as long as i can see. Missions are related to class names in config, that aren't changed in this release.

Before releasing i've joined some servers running fallujah 1.0 without troubles. On the other side, using the same name for pbo's rely on user confusion about map version currently installed on.

About bridges i'm really unable to reproduce the problem. I've made some small adjustments on bridges and crossed them (all 3 sections) with quads, bikes, humvees and tanks, on each side and each direction, slow and fast without being able to make a backflip on the air as someone reported.

I have made AI crossing them too, without problems too.

Hey Shezan,

Since downloading this I have been checking AI pathing on the roads and it seems GREAT !

One thing however is that I noticed a rock in the middle of the road that wrecked my poor Jackal :( Grid ref 014 047

Keep up the good work mate !

Then the bridges must be fixed, all I've got left to say is kudos for an awesome map.

yeah, the bridges now seem to have been fixed on this version, but I had the flipping vehicle issue 2, and it happened to all non tank vehicles. At least you fixed it now.

I'm really afraid to see what you changed at the airfield.... Might of messed up my base structure. Lol I don't want to download it. Oh and I'm working on the pictures right now.

Lol :)

Don't worry, i've only placed some machine gun nests near the perimeter and placed some road sign and some small barriers near entrances for people that... Doesn't have your fob :)

Looking forward to your screens...

Can you work on pathing of taxiing aircraft please ? They seem to be cutting across the grass and getting caught on some structures.

Loving this map :)