Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Hell in the Pacific MOD

work slowly and precisely not fast, so its nearly bugfree on release thats the problem for all modders they doin everything too fast and people complaining about bugs and glitches.

That is our goal, nearly bugfree.

---------- Post added at 05:33 ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 ----------

Best part of building the maps is when I should know every part of the island as my own pocket and I suddenly get lost in the jungle, that is a " aha... moment" for me everytime it happens.

I can just try to imagine the first you guys playing this and starts walking of in the jungle. :cool:

*HellOOooooo o o o . . . ? * Echo

Mmm, I personally don't believe all modders do things too fast. I believe people expect instant results with a perfect addon within the time frame on 'Now' hehe.

But aye, guys. Take your time :P It's your baby so do what you guys feel is needed.

Exactly. People complaining should only offer their help to make things better.

Will it be out before ArmA3? - Looks awesome!

Yes, before arma3.

---------- Post added at 02:29 ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 ----------

How many maps are going to be in the release??

I Can not say at this moment, but more then one.

Please, please .... I find no words anymore.

Im trying to focus on our mod and Im sure like to reply on question that´s why Im checking the forum alot

But this...

Waste of my time! I could spend on other things like work on the mod.

Cleaned up that mess here caused by Kadafi and AHamburgler.

Especially to the latter goes this: One more of your crap posts in here and I make sure you won't spam the forums anymore for a couple of weeks.

Mr. Pedersen,

Absolutely outstanding work there!!! Even better than I could have imagined. I knew when I voted for this mod as "Mod of the Year" this last December that it was the correct decision. Again, great work, keep it up.

I totally agree with Raptor 6 actual. I've already eaten mine finger nails because of excitement :o Fantastic job you've done so far! Oh, is there going to be massive scale tunnel network inside of Suribachi mountain? Just kiddin' ;)

Does this "Iwo" island features holes and caves as the real one ?

Does this "Iwo" island features holes and caves as the real one ?

Good Qustion. I try reply on that one.

We have custom made cave objects to use to build up some cavesystem. yes.

But as for really making a good underground tunnelsystem that are placed under the terrain it becomes more tricky.

We looking into that.

What to do is lower the terrain then place " tunnel object into that, then put some kind of "roof" over that blends in with the terrain so it looks like terrain around it.

The AI will not like this at all I belive, there pathway will not follow what we see.

Best idea would be to modle the entier island in Maya or 3Dmax with all tunnel system in it and just make it as one HUGE BUNKER ISLAND. That is just what that island is, that is also the hard part an challange to make it good and fun to play with cave & tunnels.

We will see, maby this all becomes just a big Epic fail.:j:

I agree Mr. Pedersen...the only route it seems is to maybe keep the island's relatively "flatter" portion in Visitor, but create Mt. Surabachi as a huge bunker as you put it.

I believe the max for Oxygen is a 50mx50mx50m sized cube if you will. You would then have to piece it all together, which wouldn't be too bad, due to the island being stationary. But it would definitely be time consuming.

If reference pictures could be taken from all around the volcano part from sea level, then grab the approximate distances in width and height, then we could model it and place a tunnel/cave system within it with path LODs for the AI (supposedly :P)

Diggin the new shots guys! Keep up the stellar work.

This looks like an outstanding effort, I've been hoping for an LVT since OFP came out :cool:. Can I offer an observation, without being critical. The LVT 2 as shown in the screenies. The marines in the back If they where stood on the inner deck, would probably only have their heads showing. There was a sort of plank across the front portion of the cargo space, for the gunner to stand on. Having said that, appreciate I couldn't even attempt to make any sort of 3d model, and I'll take a fleet of the LVT's just as they are. Any plans to do an LVT (A) 1 or (A) 4 the turreted support versions ?

Keep up the great work, very much appreciated

Nick

P.S. OK I confess I have an. LVT. Fetish! This is one I built

exwfuU097bo

Edited by nickmow
Add a vid

Hi Nickmow,

yes we are planning LVT (A) 1 and / or (A) 4 for the second phase of the mod.

But first we are focussing on gameplay and basic/most common vehicles (Beta release) .

Getting all variations of vehicles will require more time/work for our small developer crew,

which will push back our Beta release date. So expect a beta release without the variations,

and additional releases/patches will contain variation for most of the vehicles.

Greetz Waxbutter

Thats great news Waxbutter, Im sure I can wait. Really appreciate the work that goes into a mod like this, thank you to all the team

Nick

Any news to bring this thread back to the front pages? Maybe a cheeky screenshot or two?