Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Hell in the Pacific MOD

Hell in the Pacific World war 2 mod.

We trying to do our best to get the first release out by 2012.

And finally, we have just set up a developer's blog at hellinthepacific.blogspot.com

Pay us a visit, maybe you can find the odd new W.I.P picture over there

Announcement from Hell in the Pacific Mod team:

We are looking for a talented 3D artist/3D modelers/animator.

Here you have a great opportunity to be part of this mod team and enjoy all its fun, educational and social features which comes along with being on teamspeak during mod development.

Contact mail: hellinthepacific@hotmail.com

Japanese voice actor?

Our mod is looking for Japanese voice actors, you need to speak Japanese 100%. Need it for the Japanse army and ambient japanse chatter. BANZAI!

Contact mail: hellinthepacific@hotmail.com

SYpXuPb9iio&list

official_Logo_100kb.jpg

Battle of Peleliu 1944.

peleliu_island01_100k.jpg

Airfield

airfield01_100k.jpg

Mod Developer team:

[KH]Timo - Sounddesign

[KH]Dessi - 3D Modeller / 2D Texure artist

[KH]Foxy - Mission Design

Krätzer - 3D Modeller / 2D Texure artist

Hirsch - 2D Texture artist

Pedersen - Level Design /Game Design

Waxbutter - 3D modeller / Configs / 2D Texture artist /Sound Design

Dimitri Harkov - Coding / Configs / Mission Design

BabylonJoke - 3D Modeller / 2D Texure artist

Lodu - character modeler/3D Texture artist/animator

Donator/Sponsor BG42

http://www.battlegroup42.de/

BetaTester crews :

KellysHeroes http://www.kellys-heroes.eu

Forgotten Hope Warzone http://fh-warzone.de

Credits to:

I44-Macolik, for his bayonet script and custom animations.

Bistudio. Arma 2: Combined Operations.

http://www.arma2.com/game-features/arma-2-co-game-features_en.html

Edited by Mr Pedersen

:butbut: :butbut: :butbut:

Ohhh this like a vulcano explosion it came from clear sky .

I wasnt prepared for this :butbut:

I guess I will continue to play this game until 2020 thanks to greatest community ever.

Take you time guys and prolong the life of the game into the next decade :)

Wow this is awesome. Was about time that someone took on the Pacific theatre of WWII. Can't wait to explore everything. The Island looks cool too. Thanks for working on this mod.

Keep it up.

kind regards

Some of the team on this were part of the FOW mod but left for various reasons best left alone. I imagine this is their content.

Although the screens look awesome, Im confused you used the same picture that Rip31st used on his Fields of War: Normandy and Beyond.

Are you working in conjunction with Rip or is a completely seperate mod?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110531 <-- FOW:Normandy&Beyond

Yeah now that you are saying it. A bit confusing, :confused: but in any case we're gonna have some new incredible things to play with.:D

kind regards

I can't wait to use this with the SLX mod....it's going to be a slaughter!! :D

Island looking fantastic, nice work.

What about using some of Berghoffs vegetation for this island, ArmA 1 palms look out of date and berghoff did an amazing job on optimizing his plants so it would probably run better aswell..

Looks really great! Just like HBO's The Pacific. Great mini-serie :D

That looks very nice. I just ordered that HBO´s The Pacific on bluray few days ago. :)

We are beta testing the island and mod in two great PvP and Coop Events. The mod ist awesome and the island very nice. THis mod will become one of the best ww2 mods out there.

Greetings

Jack

Desiderius isn´t in Team, he leads a Community who test the Island and Addons.

This Mod will be not released with Addons of FoW and FoW is not allowed to release any of HiP Addons.

Edited by Kraetzer

realy interessted this szenario ...cant wait for new infos :bounce3:

Oh well done guys!!!

Delighted to see this appear totally out of the blue!

Brilliant!

Me and Beton independantly started working on versions of Iwo Jima a while back when we discovered that old original Marines map... it got put on hold while Beton finishes Omaha Beach and I finish my Scotland terrain... might be time to dig that out and finish it off sometime...!

Looking forward to following your progress! - we await more screenshots guys!

B

Edited by Bushlurker

This thread is insta win because of pictures. Now all we need is some low-poly ships to put on landing mission's background :)

Lookin' good! Be nice to wade up the beach in some warmer water! Good luck with the mod!

Lookin' good! Be nice to wade up the beach in some warmer water! Good luck with the mod!

Thx Pac!!

:yay:

To start of I would like to convey my thanks to the mod and mission makers for inviting me to test out some work in progress, it's was an honour to play a game with such an immersion factor.

You might wonder.. what he's on about, well read on:

.. Finding yourself on the the edge of the jungle, bullets are wizzing past, Cover is being shouted. You find yourself running to the nearest cover, diving down and all around you the world seems to explode.

Peaking over the edge you catch a glimps of some japanese in the distance.

contact to the east up the ridge.. the sound of garands fill the air along with the heavy sound of the bar, you peak up and get a few shots of. The area the japs where hiding is now being covered with small impacts of all the bullets the marines are sending that way.

Move up someone shouts, and the only thing you can think of is: He has got to be kiddin' we'll get shot the moment we move up. You find yourself running from cover to cover. Death bodies everywhere. The only thing that is going through your mind.. how can anyone survive this! will I?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Having read a few books on the pacific theatre I can't help feeling that this

modification does it more than justice, walking in the dense jungle you really get a feeling of being there.. it's just nerve racking, the jungle is alive with all kinds of sounds, it's dense and highly immersive, you find yourself walking up slowly looking left and right to see your buddy, weapons at the ready..

Well I can go on and on about the experience yet some things you have to see for yourself.. this modification is such a thing!

While we where playing this, we had a cameraman who was recording some footage so you can catch of glimpse of what he was experiencing during our game.. scroll down to find the link to all the footage that has been recorded.

There are the real life stories from the pacific, there is the TV series "the Pacific" and in the future there will be a modification with the same high standards cc realism to provide you with a unique experience "hell in the pacific".

S~ Happy

Edited by happy
alterations in text

Can't wait to give it a run! Looks great guys.

Ingame youtube-movie now added to the first page of the topic in this thread.

Its from last nights beta test with the great guys from Kellys Heroes. Many THX to them all for helping us.

Jman recored some of the action.