Sign in to follow this  
minimalaco

Realtime immersive - Militar simulator cryengine

nice tech demo. now lets see gameplay that doesn't lag using those same graphics settings.

but to be fair, crysis does run better than arma 2/oa.

Oh boy, there's probably gonna be some see-saw bickering and fanboyism in here. Truthfully I'd love to see a Dev take this engine and make it a contender for ArmA2 as with some of the things I've seen some modders do with Crysis, though half of those project were never finished due to Crytek's lack of modding support at the time. So long as it's an honest attempt I very much welcome to see what a dev can do with newer technology to actually create a milsim game that could compare or contrast to the long established RV engine, unlike Operation Flashdance: Kevin Bacon Rising which was dead at birth as far as most were concerned (glad I never got into that mess).

Wrong forum section. I like how they use VBS 2 in their youtube tags though..

As for fanboyism, I think most players would welcome any good competition in our narrow niche.

Edited by sparks50

Holy crap! We can just hope there will be a Arma3 and it will use a awesome engine like that! The NV Part was amazing!

Dont see any real advantages over what we have now. The NV and weather effects are neat though, BI, take notes. ;)

Moved. I fail to see what that tech demo has to do with ArmA2 in general.

I´ve never heardt of that guys before but according to their webpage they seem to be a professional developer! Just cant find out whether they produce for entertainment purposes or not...

Dont see any real advantages over what we have now. The NV and weather effects are neat though, BI, take notes. ;)

Better effects and sounds make for much greater immersion. It's just so unconvincing to hear the same fake blast soundfile playing in every single explosion.

And netcode in crysis beats the hell out of arma 2, no excessive warping.

PRICE, PEOPLE. Something THIS amazing will most likely cost much more money than ArmA II.

Some Cool Stuff they showing us there. But the Question is...will it be like ArmA or like Crysis just with some Cars and Planes?

I will keep an Eye of it.

P.S: That NV Stuff was sweeeet:yay: BI look and learn^^

The Crytek engine sure is impressive, no doubt. It'd be nice to see something as po-faced as OFP/ArmA make an appearance on it... but the second compromises sneak in and stealth suits start appearing, I'm done with it. :p

Better effects and sounds make for much greater immersion. It's just so unconvincing to hear the same fake blast soundfile playing in every single explosion.

And netcode in crysis beats the hell out of arma 2, no excessive warping.

Because soundfiles have so much to do with the engine. :rolleyes:

And im not too sure about the netcode in crysis, i cant say that i played it a lot online but from what i remember the playercount was not very impressive. I would like to see it try to handle as much as the avarage ArmA2 server has to cope with.

Well i dont even see a problem if someone said it looks nice. lets face it, this tracers and impacts look guuud and maybe there will be a game in the future thats not a fail like ofp:dr. Maybe that would be a reason for bis to do a arma 3 who knows? I would welcome some real competition on this simulation sector. How about..... pr would come up with a new engine and a own "game"? dont get me wrong i love the arma series but i would love some competition.

http://www.simulationinformation.com/members/realtime-immersive-inc

Edited by Due-_-

Hi all

Seems like it could be a real competitor to ArmA and VBS

What is the maximum terrain area?

What is the maximum entity count?

How novice user friendly are the modding tools?

Kind Regards walker

Watch the video directly from youtube and you can find more videos. Its very impresive! If Arma 3 looks close to this, it will be an instant thousand millions dolars win!

P3PwgNu6fis&NR

6gjoRuOEMv4

lD8tDk63RS0

Looks like Real Time Immersive Inc is using CryEngine3 to develop a military simulation which will be the rival of VBS.

http://www.rt-immersive.com/?id=1

This is the next generation military Sim... (Sorry BIS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYUrbOvzlsQ

Unfortunately it'll probably be out of our price range...

Edited by EDcase

I wonder if there will be a competitor to ArmA

Doubtful, there's not enough money in the PC sim market and too much piracy.

They go with military/serious simulation contracts. (from their website)

•Military marksmanship trainer

•Nuclear power plant simulator

•Investigative/debriefing simulator

•Pre-visualization and marketing

•Serious games training

•Virtual Prototyping

Their list of clients:

•US Army

•US Special Operations Command

•Lockheed Martin

•Thales

•General Dynamics

•Bechtel

•Kapl

•Cubic

•Meggitt

Edited by EDcase

theres more piracy on consoles. Anyway I hope they release some comercial miil sim for all

Want to see the extent of the terrain ability and the other niceties that ArmA/VBS2 provide.

It is pretty, but if you are limited to only a few square kilometers of movement space it doesn't leave a lot to be desired.

What is the maximum entity count?

How novice user friendly are the modding tools?

To add, what about AI?

IMO, these are the more important things to consider for an ArmA competitor than pretty graphics and cool features (which do look nice, but without the these other things it's useless). And like others have mentioned, this looks like it won't be available as a commercial game.

I don't think this is even a product, but more of a tech demo of what can be done with CryEngine in the simulation field.

I have been dreaming of a realistic game to come out for a long time that doesn't look completely shit, have stiff and badly animated characters and vehicles, realistic and interesting features and a reliable net and system performance.

But, as has been said, this isn't a game but the idea of it being one or even being developed into one gives me the horn.