Sign in to follow this  
minimalaco

Realtime immersive - Militar simulator cryengine

This thread lasted longer than RTI itself...

In seriousness, though, there's an article on RTI's website from march that says something about the US Navy licensing something. It sounds like Realtime Immersive (the company) is going to be providing services to help the Navy build a virtual ship for training its crews.

It doesn't however mention anything about Realtime Immersive Military Sim Cryengine, if that was a thing at all at some point, or just an ad campaign to persuade the military to think about using the cryengine so they can provide services.

Edited by Max Power

Damn just thought DSTS could run with any compatible software/sim? Guess the immersion/feeling for soldiers in CQB taining scenarious would be better with Cryengine than with VBS2. On the other hand its about time someone makes a holodeck so people can move + act with less restrictions/limitations. Lets see what we need and what we can use to make it happen! :)

Damn just thought DSTS could run with any compatible software/sim?

It can.

Initially it was deployed with RTI's cryengine solution, but as far as I know it was unable to do what they wanted (aside from look pretty) so VBS2 was (is) used instead.

Hi all

As I pointed out apparently Abandoned.

Time to close the thread?

Kind Regards walker

Do you think that because something is abandoned that people who are interested in discussing it should be barred from doing so?

Hi all

As I pointed out apparently Abandoned.

Time to close the thread?

Kind Regards walker

SO this didnt happen or was abandoned ?

John Brooks, CEO of RealTime Immersive, Inc. stated, "The U.S. Navy's choice to use next generation virtual technologies for LCS courseware development shows their commitment to providing the most realistic, effective, and immersive training for the LCS fleet. RealTime Immersive is proud to provide the CryENGINE© solution as a core technology that will ready our troops for their future missions."

Source

http://www.rt-immersive.com/news/realtime-immersive-licenses-cryengine-to-us-navy-for-littoral-combat-ship-courseware-development-program

That doesn't seem to be RTIMSC, but a project to recreate an LCS ship in the Cryengine to train crews. RTIMSC at first looked like it was going for a VBS type thing, then there were other videos that seemed like it was being used to make machinema training vids. This sounds like something different than both of those.

I think its still Real time immersive though reading the article.

sounds similar to VBS2 trainage use for fires ,crowd control etc , unless your reffereing to the stricty battlefield scenario element (dismounted soldier) has abandonded ?

I think its still Real time immersive though reading the article.

sounds similar to VBS2 trainage use for fires ,crowd control etc , unless your reffereing to the stricty battlefield scenario element (dismounted soldier) has abandonded ?

Quite possibility yes, RV is know for being good for battlefield stuff but not so much for in door stuff, while it seems to be the opposite for CE.

Looks really very nice. Too, like Arma 3.

Sure, some stuff looks better, the details and such. But wonder if that runs on my system the way they show it :)

Anyone heard anything about RTI? Some rumors say it's cancelled, yet, there is no official statement.

What about UNIGINE ?

Funny, that Engine is not made for the area that arma is made for (Infantry combat on the ground), yet it still looks better than the current engine. I know the engine is the baby of BI, I'm not saying the engine is crap or anything, but I think it's time to start looking at other engines, especially CryEngine and Unigine. However, budgets for these engines compared to BIs Budget may vary. A lot.

Edited by Brain

sometimes the amount of investment into new engine is higher than amount of improving what is already done ... cause you know it's not just cost of the license itself ...

Uniengine looks great but still as limited as ARMA 3 engine with regards to indoor environment, details and performance.

sometimes the amount of investment into new engine is higher than amount of improving what is already done ... cause you know it's not just cost of the license itself ...

I know, and why change something that is basically running fine for a decade.

Another video showing DSTS is based on VBS and not anything else: