Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

Mission Control Center Sandbox (MCC Sandbox).

So what is MCC Sandbox exactly?
    MCC is a dynamic, real time, in-game mission-creation tool. It enables people to build missions on-the-fly whilst in game and change mission parameters to match the reactions of progress of the players.
    MCC is capable of "saving" a mission and load it up on the server without using any FTP but by simple use of the clipboard. This means missions can be created out of the dedicated server and loaded up to play.
    From inside the mission, you can open a mission making interface that allows you place units on the map, create waypoints and briefing markers, call in CAS missions or artillery, the possibilities are endless.
    MCC is used to create both Coop and PVP missions. Its capable of using respawn on and off, including providing a spectator script.
    When you first start MCC you will be presented with the player slot screen. From here you and your team mates can pick a faction and select a role within that faction.

MCC makes use of a mission maker. Only one person at a time is capable of creating a mission by login in to the mission making tool. That person is also capable of logging out again and giving somebody else a go on mission making.

MCC Sandbox is the main tool for creating mission in MARSOC community and i would like to thank all very much for taking the time over the last year to get this to where we are right now.

Did you guys make all of this yourself?
    No, by all means we would be totaly grey an bold. We used, with permission, a lot of good content from the community. We also used a lot of work from ourself ofcourse. Initialy this project was started by me and slowly went into combined effort with Shay Gman. Shay Gman should get all the credits for his amazin work on the GUI and a lot of extra content on mcc. I want to thank him for giving me the honor to post this on our behalve.

1. Monsada, for his UPSMON script.
    2. Mandoble, for his heliroute script.
    3. Tuskan Raider, for his Arresting gear script.
    4. Bon for his Advanced Artillery Request script.
    5. DTM2801 for his Convoy Control Script.
    6. TiGGA for his ILS Pro II.
    7. iOnOs for his RTE.
    8. Sickboy, Vking without them there was no MCC.
    9. The F2 Framework
    10. BIS
    11. An endless list of people we forgot

How do i get started?
    You might just take off by downloading the manual and the missions itself. It has quite an impressive list of islands it already works on.
    (Aiaktalik,Chernarus,Falluja,Everon,Podragorsk,Isl a-Duala,Japahto,Kulima,Lingor,Namalsk,Panthera,Provi ng Grounds,Quesh Kibrul,Sbrodj,Shapur,Six Little Snow Land,Six Little Green Bags,Takistan,Thirsk,Thirsk Winter,Utes,Zargabad)

Manuals and mission's files download can be found at the next post by Shay_gman
    **thanks armaholic for providing the upload information*****

How do i install this?
    Simple put the PBO files into your mpmissions folder of your arma2 or OA directory. If you dont know how to do that. There is plenty of help on armaholic on how to get MP missions working.
    After you put the MP missions there you can simple go to multiplayer and start a new local server to play it. Or and thats even better, put them on your dedicated server. Yes this will fully work on a dedicated server OFCOURSE.

What mods are required to use this missions?
    Required: @CBA, ACE mod
    Optional : @RTE

CBA is used internaly to make the system work. So without a doubt you need that.MCC is optimized to make full use of all that is deliverd by ACE. It also makes use of automated gear scripts to provide you ready to go Crew Served Weapons and much more. For that we would almost say: ACE Required.
    RTE is supported in MCC.

So show us the money man. What the hell is it now?
    We can provide you a few interesting youtubes that should be able to help you out in using MCC. Keep in mind the idea's are endless. You will have to simple use it to understand what we mean.

Manual part 1:

Manual part 2:

Manual part 3:

Manual part 4:

But its going even crazier then that. Shay went completely nuts and started the following as you might have seen on armaholic.

Quote shay_gman :
    I just wanted to inform you all on the progress on the MCC Sandbox. Now, introducing the IED/traps module. It is inspired by VBS2 IED module. Check the new vids.

Features:
    - Electronic Warfare: Jam radio triggered IEDs.
    - Ambush: Click and drag in order to place ambushing parties looking in the right direction. They will stay prone and hidden till the IED is triggered or until mission maker will trigger the ambush party.
    - Claymores: Click and drag in order to place claymores and pomz facing the right direction.
    - Custom markers: Each feature has it unique marker shown only for the mission maker including sync lines. Marker will be deleted after the IED/ambush has been triggered.
    - Minefields: Place single mine or minefields. Ranging from AP to AT mines hidden or visible minefields.
    - Suicide bombers: Will lock, run and explode on target faction vehicles and soldiers.
    - Armed civilians/Collaborators: Will randomly draw weapons and will engage the target faction.
    - Disarming: IEDs can be disarmed or naturalized by destroying them.
    - Sync: Hold shift and drag mouse cursor in order to create daisy-chain ambush by linking IEDs and ambushing parties.
    - MP proof and savable: All as part of MCC Sandbox is MP proof and Savable.
    New Traps/IED Module:

Ambush the easy way:

So is there more to say?
    For full features and use please take a look at the manual. That said. The manual is not fully up to date even now as improvements keep going. So please start it up and start your experience. Please take it easy the first time. Just start up MCC menu. Create a zone and spawn some units. We provide you with a selection of preferred weapons you like to start with for any group. Be it CQB or Scoped. YOu can just simple select that in the parameters of the lobby screen.

Does MCC support new mods?
    MCC will automaticly detect new units and factions. That means everything as mod you use that is spawnable will be spawnable and usable by MCC.

How are the mission using MCC?
    Endless. At MARSOC we dont even use other missions then this. First of all our group is to lazy to use the 2d editor and third it provides exactly what we need. If you want sneaky SF missions or carrier start helicopter insertions, or you want boat landings, full assault mission. You think of it, it can make it. And better yet, it can safe it for you to play again on another day. Have fun there!

Its great but can we rip it for our own use?
    You rip what you like and make it fit for your own group. Have fun there man! It does make it a bit tricky to stay up to date on our updates that will surely follow. But thats your own choice in there.

Why is MCC not a mod?
    Scroll one up and see why. We want all to use it in any way they like without the need for extra mods.

Ok i have read it all. Give me a quick tour
    Select any slot on any side you like in the lobby. Start the game. Scroll your mouse wheel. Select mission generator.
    The GUI will show up. Simple select a zone like stated in the manual. After that select a start location. Spawn some units in the zone. VOILA First mission done. They automaticly patrol that zone.

NEVER EVER FORGET TO CREATE A START LOCATION. That is only possible after first logging into MCC. Taht is done by creating a zone. Yes this means you can start your mission anywhere you like. Even JIP's will start there. Yes each side can have its own start location for PVP or mixed missions with AI. After selecting a start location you can choose to "disable respawn", this means respawn is off from there on.

Disclaimer
    Using this product is for your entertainment. We also created this with just fun in mind. Lets keep it that way. We do not support and do not allow any commercial use and neither are we capable of giving that permission as it holds lots of content of other people creating amazing new content. In no way can you knock on our door if this products produces any harm or damage, although i cant realy think of any way, i know people are creative.

THANKS AND ENJOY THE FUN

On behalf of Shay Gman and Spirit, have fun!
    Last edited by spirit6; Feb 6 2011 at 19:51.

Manual: http://yoma.bssnet.dk/marsoc/Manual%20MCC.pdf Might take a minute to open up. Please read the menual before asking questions.

Download the PBO files here:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20827...NDBOX_V162.rar

"If you're experiencing problems with Unicode (Cyrillic, Russian etc.) texts in MCC breifings during SAFE-textfile-LOAD procedure, please, use ArmaEDIT to paste safed data, save it into files and loading back to MCC later." - Thanks Zvukoper

Version 1.5 changelog:
    Spoiler:

Version 1.51 changelog:
    Spoiler:

Version 1.5.2 changelog:
    Spoiler:

Version 1.5.3 changelog:
    Spoiler:

Version 1.5.4 changelog:
    Spoiler:

Version 1.5.5 changelog:
    Spoiler:

Version 1.5.6 changelog:
    Spoiler:

Version 1.5.7 changelog:
    Spoiler:

Version 1.5.8 changelog:
    Spoiler:

Version 1.6 changelog:
    Spoiler:

Version 1.6.1 changelog:
    Spoiler:

Version 1.6.2 changelog:
    Spoiler:

Version 1.5.2 features: 3D Spawner & AH64 + ULB

Version 1.5.2 features: Construction module:

Version 1.5.7 features:

Version 1.5.8 MCC Close Air Support :
    Last edited by shay_gman; Sep 24 2011 at 21:42. Reason: V1.5.2 release

**** reserved for future use****

Staff Sergeant
    Pretty impressive stuff there m8, seems to provide never ending fun!

Sandbox ftw hooaaaah!!!

Thanks for this ... will give it a good run. As I tend to use VTS exclusively I should be able to give you a good perspective on how this runs in comparison.

Thanks again !

Looks like I'm going to have to update my ACE just to have a peek.
    Last edited by Kremator; Jan 6 2011 at 21:01.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

PS:
    Can you please replace the links in your first post with these? That server might not like the attention your release attracts
    The manual link is available on the downloadpage too as a new mirror, you can link to that one as well.
    Visit Armaholic.com | Visit Carriercommandaholic.com

Public FTP available, just check the Armaholic.com FAQ.

HMM........wonder what it is huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    PS:
    Can you please replace the links in your first post with these? That server might not like the attention your release attracts
    The manual link is available on the downloadpage too as a new mirror, you can link to that one as well.
    Doing it as you read. Thanks for the fast release on page Fox.

Wow, really impressive. Phantastic work! Is there any chance for a non-ACE-version?

Quote Originally Posted by svenson View Post
    Wow, really impressive. Phantastic work! Is there any chance for a non-ACE-version?
    It will be too much work plus ArmA 2 alone dosn't carry enough punch to make all the crazy ideas we had. Try using ACE you won't regret it.

Hey thanks for this, looks great except its giving me a "You cannot play this mission... dependency on ace" error

*Edit* sorry i thought it didnt require ace

Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast