Sign in to follow this  
Hogleg

Setting Up X-52 Flight Controls

Is there any detailed instruction on setting up the controls for a X-52 Joystick?

Is there not still that issue with the throttle not working properly (only kicks in at 50% or something)?

I recently tried setting up my X-52 controls in Arma2 as well, but gave up, because I really hate the editing software for it. Wish they had a diagram of the controls (with things highlighting as you use them) so you could assign things that way, and actually know what each button name means. Right now, I'm kind of overwhelmed and confused by the text rows of button/axis names, not knowing often which controls they are referring to. Heck, using the editing software for the X-52 controls feels like doing taxes! (both in it's complexity/tedium, as well as visually!) It's like a step above typing in hex code! How about a GUI!!!! (hehe....)

I ended up just using my EVO joystick (rather than the X-52 flight controls). Works fine, and was plug and play. Along with a TrackIR4, it's a pretty sweet experience...

Right, mapping keys to buttons is rocket science. Using the SST is even easy. In the end its not even close to doing taxes.

I used the in-game menu to map buttons to keys, axis' to whatever.

Not sure what all the hoopla is, about this 50% throttle deal.

...Syn...

well, I managed to get SST working in game. I realized it was a save/re-load the profile issue.

So far, so good. Very happy with the multiple modes - especially when it comes to gunning in armour. I was able to set up a coarse/fine movement for the turret - very enjoyable.

Here is my new question. I'm noticing in SST if I bind a button to say, CTRL and M for example, it does both. Lets say that CTRL M is set to Decrease Zeroing and M is for map. I'll press the button and it certainly drops my Zero, but it also opens the map. Not sure why it is doing both. My thought is that it's releasing the CTRL button and still sending the M button. Is there a way to ensure it sends both at the same time and stops sending both at the same time?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Is there not still that issue with the throttle not working properly (only kicks in at 50% or something)?

I recently tried setting up my X-52 controls in Arma2 as well, but gave up, because I really hate the editing software for it. Wish they had a diagram of the controls (with things highlighting as you use them) so you could assign things that way, and actually know what each button name means. Right now, I'm kind of overwhelmed and confused by the text rows of button/axis names, not knowing often which controls they are referring to. Heck, using the editing software for the X-52 controls feels like doing taxes! (both in it's complexity/tedium, as well as visually!) It's like a step above typing in hex code! How about a GUI!!!! (hehe....)

I ended up just using my EVO joystick (rather than the X-52 flight controls). Works fine, and was plug and play. Along with a TrackIR4, it's a pretty sweet experience...

Look for the game command that says "Thrust (analog)", and that'll be the one you want.