Page 55 of 99 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurgency

Great mission but could you remove the imbalance so I can play Opfor against 3/4 Blufor ?

Edit:
    I also came across the fire bug.
    Last edited by Dirty Haz; Feb 21 2012 at 00:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    Great mission but could you remove the imbalance so I can play Opfor against 3/4 Blufor ?
    That would be something the server admin sets when the mission is first started. The server admin can set the mission to no human OpFor at all, or anything up to 1:2 ratio (or is it 1:1 now?) BluFor vs OpFor. If the server admin won't re-start the mission with (more) OpFor seats available, you would be well advised to find a different server to play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    Edit: I also came across the fire bug.
    Me too, but usually on servers that have edited the latest version of the default Insurgency mission for their own goals.

Adding Units/ Editing Units

Hi,

Today when I edited the ACE Insurgency mission, I was beginning to get frustrated at what I was trying to do. I changed the USMC skins to Desert Camo, and I edited the variables in mission.sqm (actually, I didn't need to edit the variables because they were already set), and now when I spawn in the USMC slot, I spawn where the units spawn at in the mission editor (grid 0,0,0). So please, help!

SOLVED

All I had to do was add the name of the new units in common/defines.sqf
    #define westSoldierClasses
    Don't forget to add the name of your name Unit Classnames to this variable if you're adding/editing new units!

-
    Defiance
    Last edited by Defiance44; Mar 8 2012 at 17:58.

Please explore code attentively

Are there any Insurgency editing guides? I can edit a few things with ease but most of the coding is like another language to me.
    SO2 J. Porter
    Leading Petty Officer
    Alpha Platoon, Troop 1
    ST9, NSWG1, TASK FORCE APACHE

What is it that you want to do in the mission Porter?
    add features, edit something existing, change the loadout, change what soldiers -(enemies and friendlies are in the mission)?

there is no editing guide that I know of, just a gameplay strategy one.
    IFWarMod for Iron Front Conversion | COSLX for Arma2CO | COWarMod for Arma2CO
    COWarModACE for Ace2 Mod | COWarModI44 for I44 Mod | A2WarMod for Arma2 | A2WarModACE for Arma2 Ace mod | WarMod for Arma1
    Mission Repository Hosting Missions & Files for Iron Front: Liberation 1944 | WarMod Series Website

Trying to add different units for BLUFOR, I went in and changed the units and redfined their classnames as Defiance44 stated above, the game would load but stay stuck at the loading screen, would never get to the map screen.

Also trying to remove the randomness of the base and make it spawn in a exact location. I built a FOB and the HQ still randomly spawns around the map.

Just those two things really.

Is there an Insurgency for Chenarus? If there is, could someone send me a link please?

@ChiefRedCloud
    Chernarus dont have enterable buildings...

Trying to add different units for BLUFOR, I went in and changed the units and redfined their classnames as Defiance44 stated above, the game would load but stay stuck at the loading screen, would never get to the map screen.

Also trying to remove the randomness of the base and make it spawn in a exact location. I built a FOB and the HQ still randomly spawns around the map.

Just those two things really.
    For the loading screen issue, look at your RPT when that happens and see what comes up, if there is something please post what you find.

For the randomness , you do know that you can mobilize the HQ, thats what I do when its in a spot I dont want to be in.

Page 55 of 99 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast