Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurgency

Is there a way to modify the scripts so that every player is able to mobilize the MHQ as well as repair vehicles at the base without having a squad leader? It gets a bit frustrating having to log out of the game and back in again as a squad leader when a previous squad leader leaves the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic8402 View Post
    Is there a way to modify the scripts so that every player is able to mobilize the MHQ as well as repair vehicles at the base without having a squad leader?
    Yes. If you make it a ticket in the Insurgency project tracker at DH, we might even consider making this an option.

But as usual - Insurgency is considered a COOP mission, and this should probably mean that any team leader should be replaced by some player. After all there is only one special squad member, the medic, so if you're two in the squad, no biggie for someone to change to team leader at some point (e.g. when dying).
    System Specs:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Tupolov
    I see BIS's game, [they] release a shockingly underwhelming product, only to lull us into a false sense of disappointment...

Quote Originally Posted by Mono View Post
    Is there anyway of getting hold of a version with the AI recruit script inside it? I have no idea on how to add it myself and it would be awesome for me as no MP!
    Seriously, look at Bon AI recruitment script easy as pie.
    I added it to the mission

Some code to fully save all your gear in the ACE version when dying, and returns them all after respawn, including Weapon On Back and earplugs.

I was not sure should i post this in the insurgency devheaven as a ticket...

Called from the respawnSystem in common\client\respawn\functions.sqf
    (Gear_Save_ACE immediately after dying and Gear_Return_ACE after respawning)

I bet this could use some cleaning and simplifying, but it already works.
    I have not worked with ACE before, so i looked a bit around various missions, BI forums and the ACE API. Partially based on work from Lq.Snake and Xeno

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Toxim View Post
    Some code to fully save all your gear in the ACE version when dying, and returns them all after respawn, including Weapon On Back and earplugs.
    Currently it's designed that way that you respawn with all the gear you had, at the time of death.

There's a rather handy ACE module you can stick on the map that handles ACE respawning for you. Unless you're trying to make it universal for both ACE and non ACE versions, this is probably a better and easier way of handling respawning with kit?
    Full instructions for ALiVE are in the Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Currently it's designed that way that you respawn with all the gear you had, at the time of death.
    To my experience it does not save your weapon on back, or return earplugs

Sergeant Major
    Has anyone tried running this mission with Dapman's First Aid mod?
    The reason I ask is that this week we ran both and there seemed to be some conflict.
    The problem arises when others heal you then you can't do anything for like 2 minutes after.

I ran a previous (modified) version of Insurgency with DAPMAN's first aid and it worked well. AI would heal me (and themselves) easily.

Sergeant Major
    Quote Originally Posted by Kremator View Post
    I ran a previous (modified) version of Insurgency with DAPMAN's first aid and it worked well. AI would heal me (and themselves) easily.
    So did we but it seems as if this latest version (1.60?) causes issues.
    Can anyone else confirm/disapprove this theory?

Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast