Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

Is there a way to modify the scripts so that every player is able to mobilize the MHQ as well as repair vehicles at the base without having a squad leader? It gets a bit frustrating having to log out of the game and back in again as a squad leader when a previous squad leader leaves the game.

Is there a way to modify the scripts so that every player is able to mobilize the MHQ as well as repair vehicles at the base without having a squad leader?

Yes. If you make it a ticket in the Insurgency project tracker at DH, we might even consider making this an option.

But as usual - Insurgency is considered a COOP mission, and this should probably mean that any team leader should be replaced by some player. After all there is only one special squad member, the medic, so if you're two in the squad, no biggie for someone to change to team leader at some point (e.g. when dying).

Is there anyway of getting hold of a version with the AI recruit script inside it? I have no idea on how to add it myself and it would be awesome for me as no MP! :D

Seriously, look at Bon AI recruitment script easy as pie.

I added it to the mission

Some code to fully save all your gear in the ACE version when dying, and returns them all after respawn, including Weapon On Back and earplugs.

I was not sure should i post this in the insurgency devheaven as a ticket...

Called from the respawnSystem in common\client\respawn\functions.sqf

(Gear_Save_ACE immediately after dying and Gear_Return_ACE after respawning)

I bet this could use some cleaning and simplifying, but it already works.

I have not worked with ACE before, so i looked a bit around various missions, BI forums and the ACE API. Partially based on work from Lq.Snake and Xeno

Gear_Save_ACE = 
{	
private ["_MagazinesList","_WeaponsList"];

INS_WeaponsOnDeath = []; INS_MagazinesOnDeath = []; INS_WOBOnDeath = []; INS_RuckMagazinesOnDeath = []; INS_RuckWeaponsOnDeath = [];
INS_WeaponsOnDeath = weapons player;
INS_MagazinesOnDeath = magazines player;
INS_WOBOnDeath = player getVariable "ACE_weapononback";
INS_RuckMagazinesOnDeath = player getVariable "ACE_RuckMagContents";
INS_RuckWeaponsOnDeath = player getVariable "ACE_RuckWepContents";

_MagazinesList = [player] call ACE_fnc_RuckMagazinesList;
_WeaponsList = [player] call ACE_fnc_RuckWeaponsList;
};

Gear_Return_ACE =
{
private ["_muzzles","_primw","_hasRuck","_ruckName"];

_hasRuck = false;
if (player call ACE_Sys_Ruck_fnc_hasRuck) then {_hasRuck = true; _ruckName = [player] call ACE_fnc_FindRuck;};
removeAllWeapons player; 
removeAllItems player;
[player, "ALL"] call ACE_fnc_RemoveGear;

{ player addMagazine _x } forEach INS_MagazinesOnDeath;
{if (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x >> "ace_isusedweapon") == 0) then {player addWeapon _x;};} forEach INS_WeaponsOnDeath;

if (_hasRuck) then 
{
	{[player, _x select 0, _x select 1] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine;} forEach INS_RuckMagazinesOnDeath;
	{[player, _x select 0, _x select 1] call ACE_fnc_PackWeapon} forEach INS_RuckWeaponsOnDeath; 
};

if (INS_WOBOnDeath != "") then { player setVariable ["ACE_WeaponOnBack", INS_WOBOnDeath]; };

if !(player hasWeapon "ACE_Earplugs") then {player addWeapon "ACE_Earplugs";};

_primw = primaryWeapon player;
if (_primw != "") then {
	player selectWeapon _primw;
	_muzzles = getArray(configFile>>"cfgWeapons" >> _primw >> "muzzles");
	player selectWeapon (_muzzles select 0);
};
};

Some code to fully save all your gear in the ACE version when dying, and returns them all after respawn, including Weapon On Back and earplugs.

Currently it's designed that way that you respawn with all the gear you had, at the time of death.

There's a rather handy ACE module you can stick on the map that handles ACE respawning for you. Unless you're trying to make it universal for both ACE and non ACE versions, this is probably a better and easier way of handling respawning with kit?

Currently it's designed that way that you respawn with all the gear you had, at the time of death.

To my experience it does not save your weapon on back, or return earplugs

Has anyone tried running this mission with Dapman's First Aid mod?

The reason I ask is that this week we ran both and there seemed to be some conflict.

The problem arises when others heal you then you can't do anything for like 2 minutes after.

I ran a previous (modified) version of Insurgency with DAPMAN's first aid and it worked well. AI would heal me (and themselves) easily.

I ran a previous (modified) version of Insurgency with DAPMAN's first aid and it worked well. AI would heal me (and themselves) easily.

So did we but it seems as if this latest version (1.60?) causes issues.

Can anyone else confirm/disapprove this theory?

BUMP! (see question above)

Also, is there any chance that an AC-130 could be added alongside the A10 and UAV for CAS?

@Fireball or others devs

What script function could be removing CSW's and Arty pieces which are placed in the editor/mission.sqm? Our development team has customized things a bit, both scripting and mission layout (ie bases) and cannot figure out whats removing it. Much thanks.

BUMP! (see question above)

Also, is there any chance that an AC-130 could be added alongside the A10 and UAV for CAS?

Might be possible at some point in time.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

@Fireball or others devs

What script function could be removing CSW's and Arty pieces which are placed in the editor/mission.sqm? Our development team has customized things a bit, both scripting and mission layout (ie bases) and cannot figure out whats removing it. Much thanks.

I can't think of anything effectively removing newly placed items. You must have done something wrong, sorry.

Was wondering if anyone was able to get the Force Recon soldiers to wear Back Packs?

Had them on my version but removed them because of that.

Also should I submit a ticket for that not really sure if that is considered a bug.

Nice job on the 1.50v Fireball keep up the good work!

Opfor..

Last night I got kicked from a server again for being 'too' much of a nuisance, the way it's setup though you cannot help but want to wreak as much havoc as possible.

Maybe let opfor players choose a load out and give them the ability to spawn on each other if there happens to be more than one and let them know where the cache is so they can try and defend it to the inevitable end.

This would stop them (me) focusing on getting better weapons from Blufor, stealing their vehicles they abandon and generally resorting to "Digital guerella tactics" that cause some to... Kick me!

I get the whole "they are just there to cause a bit of a nuisance" number but when there's 10 vs 1 then you just try a bit harder to be bit more cunning, of course I could just wait in buildings with my AI buddies and move only when they move and that will still keep it simple for Blufor.

Opfor..

Last night I got kicked from a server again for being 'too' much of a nuisance, the way it's setup though you cannot help but want to wreak as much havoc as possible.

That's definitely a server admin issue (or of the one who chose and setup the mission), because there are params that can be set, so that the mission is BLUFOR (COOP) only, if that is requested. If they don't do that, they should put up and shut up about OPFOR.

OTOH, they could have simply asked you nicely to join them, if they forgot to configure COOP mode, before kicking you.

they could have simply asked you nicely to join them, if they forgot to configure COOP mode, before kicking you.

Well no they (the server ive played on) always have Opfor available, but dont like it if you are playing too good... and i dont do to much out of the box unless they do dumb things like only use a vehicle for quick transport and happily abandon it when they reach there destination.... thats gold for an Opfor player!

I usually play within the spirit of the mission but when i see Blufor doing like wise, like using vehicles and abandoning them, well... what would you do?

All i mean is if there is going to be Opfor players then give him a little love and incentive to only fight within the area and not flank, steal vehicles and weapons etc! maybe let him recruit some AI to protect the cache?

Its only natural for Opfor to go and meet Blufor before they enter the hotzone... or if i can explain better the challenge for Opfor human players is to stop Blufor as best they can with absolutely no love given in the mission design.

My whole meaning was if there was a little love given to the Opfor cause then maybe the spirit of the mission could be played out the same with only Blufor having to plan a bit better before entering a town.

Maybe give the Opfor player the ability to recruit AI but limit the amount of AI spawned etc.

Anyway no biggie, and im about done with insurgency... ive tried to play Blufor but generally found it to be unfriendly, prolly a Kiwi Aussie thing :)

Might be possible at some point in time.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

I can't think of anything effectively removing newly placed items. You must have done something wrong, sorry.

Well this has been on going since we first started adding in static guns in the 1.50 version for ACE. Prior to some of our other code which is done by a well known dev from the ACE Team for ref. Bottom line is after much testing we have determined that insurgency 1.50 removes any staticcannons placed but a more general scripting overload / failure causes object variables to lose their values.

It also effects the small bunkers which is odd. These however are used as the "real" spawn zones for players we noticed.

Edited by Alderman

Hello everyone, fireball especially. I'd like to thank you for your work on this fantastic mission, it's been all we've really played lately on our server..

I've gone through and changed it up a bit though.. such as random cars and techs throughout the map for fun, a 5th player on insurgent side,

but the major change in our game play is that we do not move the MHQ around, rather just using the Military Base on Zargabad and

the Southern Airport on Takistan both stocked with BlueFor vehicles almost domination like as main deployment points for Blufor.

My question is... at the beginning of the round, is there any way to define the start location for the MHQ rather than have it randomly placed on the map?

I'd love to be able to just start the mission with the MHQ on the base rather than have to restart the mission 10 times to get a spot close enough to safely drive it in.

I've been through the mission files many times but can not figure this one out...

Cheers,

EZJack

:cheers:

My question is... at the beginning of the round, is there any way to define the start location for the MHQ rather than have it randomly placed on the map?

I'd love to be able to just start the mission with the MHQ on the base rather than have to restart the mission 10 times to get a spot close enough to safely drive it in.

I've been through the mission files many times but can not figure this one out...

Yes it's in initserver-common.sqf, lines 41-46. Hope this helps.

Yes it's in initserver-common.sqf, lines 41-46. Hope this helps.

:thumbs-up:

that's a bingo!

also added VBIED's today, makes for a fun time especially with civilians on, don't know who's who.

:dance: thank you very much.

also added VBIED's today, makes for a fun time especially with civilians on, don't know who's who.

That sounds very interesting as it's one of my few criticisms of OA - not enough civilians.

Any chance that you could share it with us?

That sounds very interesting as it's one of my few criticisms of OA - not enough civilians.

Any chance that you could share it with us?

Well the civilians come with this great mission, just need to enable them in parameters..

Come join us on our server, we play all the time. Takistan and Zargabad versions.

Filter EZ in your server browser. We're the E-Z Co. 101st NYC server.

:681::uzi:

Also fireball, I removed that line & tweaked it, just ended up messed the whole mission up.

HQ wouldn't deploy right, respawn menu went away, load outs wouldn't save. no worries.

....... so I gave up on that, this is one touchy mission eh. :www:

Well the civilians come with this great mission, just need to enable them in parameters..

Come join us on our server, we play all the time. Takistan and Zargabad versions.

Thanks, I misunderstood then and cheers for the invite. What do you use for voice comms? TS3?