Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

I have been trying to do this for awhile now. I need your help in changing the respawn location. When you respawn you can choose to respawn at the fieldHospital or on another player. If you have the time i need help with changing the respawn/functions.sqf

What i need to be able to do on respawn is Respawn on the feildHospital, player, mainBase. mainBase being another object with the named variable mainBase.

I would realy love help on getting this working.

Thanks for making this mission.

Hi all

Not sure if this has been discussed but added a ticket to see if its possible to add the ability to track down high value leaders, capture them, bring them back to base in order to get more info on cache locations. As mentioned the more damage done to civilians the more difficult it would be to locate these leaders. Any thoughts.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28471

Love this mission, but why do so many servers play it on Regular difficulty? If you can find enemies just by looking at the map, where's the fun and suspense?

Come on people, this game is old enough for you to have mastered the basics - switch your server to Veteran today!

Love this mission, but why do so many servers play it on Regular difficulty? If you can find enemies just by looking at the map, where's the fun and suspense?

Come on people, this game is old enough for you to have mastered the basics - switch your server to Veteran today!

We accidentally set our server on Veteran last night, I think most the time people just forget to set it.

I actually like it, you're right its much more of a proper challenge without the marks. We will be running it on that from here on out. :cheers:

Most don't know how to change server default to expert difficulty nor know what that actually does (often they're afraid of laser-accuracy AI, while the main changes are actually the stuff like map markers, crosshair and 3rd person). You can even custom-edit the difficulty to enable/disable any feature you want. Then, if server isn't set decently in default, then the admin needs to remember to re-pick expert difficulty every time.

Does anyone here have a fix for the Inital death on mission start when on a dedicated server? You tend to spawn under the MHQ on the inital start of the mission on a dedicated server now.

Also i need a fix for the instant vehicle respawning that ignore the mission parameters.

I would really appreciate it if someone can get me the fixes for thies so i can get my our servers updated.

Cytreen.

What do you mean Instant vehicle respawn?

I have this from another awesome mission.(can;t recall)

/*  
=========================================================
 Simple Vehicle Respawn Script v1.7
 by Tophe of Östgöta Ops [OOPS]

Put this in the vehicles init line:
 veh = [this] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Options:
 There are some optional settings. The format for these are:
 veh = [this, Delay, Deserted timer, Respawns, Effect, Static] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Default respawn delay is 30 seconds, to set a custom
 respawn delay time, put that in the init as well. 
 Like this:
 veh = [this, 15] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Default respawn time when vehicle is deserted, but not
 destroyed is 120 seconds. To set a custom timer for this 
 first put the respawn delay, then the deserted vehicle timer. (0 = disabled)
 Like this:  
 veh = [this, 15, 10] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

By default the number of respawns is infinite. To set a limit
 First set the other values then the number of respawns you want (0 = infinite).
 Like this:
 veh = [this, 15, 10, 5] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Set this value to TRUE to add a special explosion effect to the wreck when respawning.
 Default value is FALSE, which will simply have the wreck disappear.
 Like this:
 veh = [this, 15, 10, 5, TRUE] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

By default the vehicle will respawn to the point where it first
 was when the mission started (static). This can be changed to 
 dynamic. Then the vehicle will respawn to the position where it was destroyed. 
 First set all the other values then set TRUE for dynamic or FALSE for static.
 Like this:
 veh = [this, 15, 10, 5, TRUE, TRUE] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

If you you want to set the INIT field of the respawned vehicle, first set all other 
 values, then set init commands. Those must be inside quotations.
 Like this:
 veh = [this, 15, 10, 5, TRUE, FALSE, "this setDammage 0.5"] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Default values of all settings are:
 veh = [this, 30, 120, 0, FALSE, FALSE] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Contact & Bugreport: harlechin@hotmail.com

=========================================================
*/

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

// Define variables
_unit = _this select 0;
_delay = if (count _this > 1) then {_this select 1} else {30};
_deserted = if (count _this > 2) then {_this select 2} else {120};
_respawns = if (count _this > 3) then {_this select 3} else {0};
_explode = if (count _this > 4) then {_this select 4} else {false};
_dynamic = if (count _this > 5) then {_this select 5} else {false};
_unitinit = if (count _this > 6) then {_this select 6} else {};
_haveinit = if (count _this > 6) then {true} else {false};

_hasname = false;
_unitname = vehicleVarName _unit;
if (isNil _unitname) then {_hasname = false;} else {_hasname = true;};
_noend = true;
_run = true;
_rounds = 0;

if (_delay < 0) then {_delay = 0};
if (_deserted < 0) then {_deserted = 0};
if (_respawns <= 0) then {_respawns= 0; _noend = true;};
if (_respawns > 0) then {_noend = false};

_dir = getDir _unit;
_position = getPosASL _unit;
_type = typeOf _unit;
_dead = false;
_nodelay = false;

// Start monitoring the vehicle
while {_run} do 
{	
sleep (2 + random 10);
     if ((getDammage _unit > 0.8) and ({alive _x} count crew _unit == 0)) then {_dead = true};

// Check if the vehicle is deserted.
if (_deserted > 0) then
{
	if ((getPosASL _unit distance _position > 10) and ({alive _x} count crew _unit == 0) and (getDammage _unit < 0.8)) then 
	{
		_timeout = time + _deserted;
		sleep 0.1;
	 	waitUntil {_timeout < time or !alive _unit or {alive _x} count crew _unit > 0};
		if ({alive _x} count crew _unit > 0) then {_dead = false}; 
		if ({alive _x} count crew _unit == 0) then {_dead = true; _nodelay =true}; 
		if !(alive _unit) then {_dead = true; _nodelay = false}; 
	};
};

// Respawn vehicle
     if (_dead) then 
{	
	if (_nodelay) then {sleep 0.1; _nodelay = false;} else {sleep _delay;};
	if (_dynamic) then {_position = getPosASL _unit; _dir = getDir _unit;};
	if (_explode) then {_effect = "M_TOW_AT" createVehicle getPosASL _unit; _effect setPosASL getPosASL _unit;};
	sleep 0.1;

deleteVehicle _unit;
	sleep 2;
	_unit = _type createVehicle _position;
	_unit setPosASL _position;
	_unit setDir _dir;

if (_haveinit) then 
				{_unit setVehicleInit format ["%1;", _unitinit];
				processInitCommands;};
	if (_hasname) then 
				{_unit setVehicleInit format ["%1 = this; this setVehicleVarName ""%1""",_unitname];
				processInitCommands;};
	_dead = false;

// Check respawn amount
	if !(_noend) then {_rounds = _rounds + 1};
	if ((_rounds == _respawns) and !(_noend)) then {_run = false;};
};
};

call it Vehicle.sgs and put the above in your vehicle init line.

Good to go.

Not sure if this is what you mean.

And YA spawn die is an issue with our team as well.

Not sure it is vanilla insurgency or something to do with a Mod or not.

Styxx42

Styxx42 i was refering to the vehicles that spawn with the MHQ. Soon as they die they insta respawn ignoring the mission parameters set. I use that simple vehicle respawn for stuff at base but it vary hard to keep people from going rambo when assets at the MHQ insta spawn when they are destroyed.

Yeah the Death on the first start of the mission is whats keeping me from updating the server. I need this fixed and the death on redeploying the MHQ fixed. From the additions they want to add into 1.51 makes the mission not usable for US as i will have to remove what they are adding as our MHQ is inside of the base as I do not let the MHQ randomly deploy on mission start.

I need one thing added to what you can respawn on as well. Now you can spawn on the MHQ or other players. If some noob takes the MHQ and deploys it so close to the enemy it will not allow you to spawn on the MHQ. This becomes a problem if everybody dies and nobody can even spawn as enemy are to close thus forcing a mission restart. I really need another object you can spawn on so i can put it at the Main Base. Most of the time people dont even move the MHQ but it would still be nice if i had another possible spawning location. I would let the MHQ randomly deploy if there was an Object to spawn onto at base. For my Clafghan Insurgency i need 7 additional spawn point for each of the maps built in FOB and outposts. If i knew how to add new respawn location to the system i would have already done it.

Sorry man, that is all I got for ya.

Totally under stand what you mean about the rambo thing with insta veh. But I don't play on line just clan vs enemy so we are good.

Good luck.

B4

Would it be possible to make the Takistani army's allegiance change randomly in Insurgency - i.e. neither BLUFOR or OPFOR can know for certain if they will be attacked by passing TA patrol vehicles. This would increase tension drastically and reflect the shifting loyalties of ANA and ANP units in Afghan, many of whom are ostensibly on Nato's side but have been infiltrated by Taliban (causing numerous attacks on 'friendly' troops). For an analogue of this in Takistan, these shifting loyalties could simply reflect a collapse in the central government leading to the Takistani Army splitting into Warlord controlled factions, whose loyalty belongs to the current highest bidder....

If others don't like this idea (if its even possible to do), then could it be a mission parameter, i.e. set Takistani Army loyalty to BLUFOR / OPFOR / RANDOM ?

Just an idea to increase the tension!

Mandrake

Anyway to add more units to insurgency? I want to make the USMC + US + BAF squads bigger...

Anyway to add more units to insurgency? I want to make the USMC + US + BAF squads bigger...

You can but your going to have to add the new units names into the strings of available units. Dont forget if your going to change the Playable units you need to add there class names to the Defines so the system picks them up correctly. Same goes for vehicles as well.

Vehicles i added fine without strings - Im editing the SRU server, we have an static base / FOB,

When i add extra units + add them to all the Defines etc, they work! BUT they dont have an option where to respawn, For example - respawn on the HQ or on a fellow teammate!

Do you know how to make that possible, they can do everything else but choose where to spawn...

Cheers for the help!

Vehicles i added fine without strings - Im editing the SRU server, we have an static base / FOB,

When i add extra units + add them to all the Defines etc, they work! BUT they dont have an option where to respawn, For example - respawn on the HQ or on a fellow teammate!

Do you know how to make that possible, they can do everything else but choose where to spawn...

Cheers for the help!

In the common\defines.sqf

Look at line 60

#define westPlayerStrings

This is all available player strings in insurgency 1.50. so this is one of the files you need to add the new string names to.

The other file is in the common\server\AI\UPS.sqf starting on line 37

Keep in mind that you will need to put the correct string names in the playable unit names to match the strings being added. Also make sure that the unit in the editor is located at 0,0,0

Roger that trying now! Thanks.

Inside the UPS.sqf

#define westPlayerStrings	["Hitman111","Hitman112","Hitman113","Hitman114","Hitman115",\
						"Hitman121","Hitman122","Hitman123","Hitman124","Hitman125",\
						"Hitman131","Hitman132","Hitman133","Hitman134","Hitman135",\
						"Hitman141","Hitman142","Hitman143","Hitman144","Hitman145",\
						"Hitman151","Hitman152","Hitman153","Hitman154","Hitman155",\
						"Hitman161","Hitman162","Hitman163","Hitman164","Hitman165",\
						"Hitman171","Hitman172","Hitman173","Hitman174","Hitman175"]

Inside the defines.sqf

#define westPlayerStrings	["Hitman111","Hitman112","Hitman113","Hitman114","Hitman115",\
						"Hitman121","Hitman122","Hitman123","Hitman124","Hitman125",\
						"Hitman131","Hitman132","Hitman133","Hitman134","Hitman135",\
						"Hitman141","Hitman142","Hitman143","Hitman144","Hitman145",\
						"Hitman151","Hitman152","Hitman153","Hitman154","Hitman155",\
						"Hitman161","Hitman162","Hitman163","Hitman164","Hitman165",\
						"Hitman171","Hitman172","Hitman173","Hitman174","Hitman175"]

Unit "Hitman171" inside the mission

items=5;
			class Item0
			{
				position[]={0,0,0};
				azimut=91.808899;
				id=201;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="BAF_Soldier_TL_MTP";
				player="PLAYER COMMANDER";
				leader=1;
				skill=0.60000002;
				text="Hitman171";
				init="this setGroupId [""Hitman 1 - 7 -""];";
				description="BAF Hitman 1-7-1 (Team Leader)";

Still doesnt work, The unit spawns at the grid 0, 0, 0 :s

Edited by JaFuzz

Great mission but could you remove the imbalance so I can play Opfor against 3/4 Blufor ?

Edit:

I also came across the fire bug.

Edited by Dirty Haz

Great mission but could you remove the imbalance so I can play Opfor against 3/4 Blufor ?

That would be something the server admin sets when the mission is first started. The server admin can set the mission to no human OpFor at all, or anything up to 1:2 ratio (or is it 1:1 now?) BluFor vs OpFor. If the server admin won't re-start the mission with (more) OpFor seats available, you would be well advised to find a different server to play on.

Edit: I also came across the fire bug.

Me too, but usually on servers that have edited the latest version of the default Insurgency mission for their own goals.

Hi,

Today when I edited the ACE Insurgency mission, I was beginning to get frustrated at what I was trying to do. I changed the USMC skins to Desert Camo, and I edited the variables in mission.sqm (actually, I didn't need to edit the variables because they were already set), and now when I spawn in the USMC slot, I spawn where the units spawn at in the mission editor (grid 0,0,0). So please, help!

SOLVED

All I had to do was add the name of the new units in common/defines.sqf

#define westSoldierClasses

Don't forget to add the name of your name Unit Classnames to this variable if you're adding/editing new units!

-

Defiance

Edited by Defiance44

Are there any Insurgency editing guides? I can edit a few things with ease but most of the coding is like another language to me.

What is it that you want to do in the mission Porter?

add features, edit something existing, change the loadout, change what soldiers -(enemies and friendlies are in the mission)?

there is no editing guide that I know of, just a gameplay strategy one.

Trying to add different units for BLUFOR, I went in and changed the units and redfined their classnames as Defiance44 stated above, the game would load but stay stuck at the loading screen, would never get to the map screen.

Also trying to remove the randomness of the base and make it spawn in a exact location. I built a FOB and the HQ still randomly spawns around the map.

Just those two things really.

@ChiefRedCloud

Chernarus dont have enterable buildings...

Trying to add different units for BLUFOR, I went in and changed the units and redfined their classnames as Defiance44 stated above, the game would load but stay stuck at the loading screen, would never get to the map screen.

Also trying to remove the randomness of the base and make it spawn in a exact location. I built a FOB and the HQ still randomly spawns around the map.

Just those two things really.

For the loading screen issue, look at your RPT when that happens and see what comes up, if there is something please post what you find.

For the randomness , you do know that you can mobilize the HQ, thats what I do when its in a spot I dont want to be in.