Sign in to follow this  
AlienXXI

Can't patch Arma 2

When I attempt to install the 1.08 update to Arma 2, it tells me that I don't have Arma 2 installed on my computer. However, I am able to load Arma 2 and play it with no errors at all. How do I fix this issue?

I bought Arma 2: OA first from Direct 2 Drive, then I saw a sale on Sprocketidea and purchased Arma 2 from that website. I downloaded the 1.00 to 1.08 patch from the Arma main website.. Just some added information for those who can help me.

When I load Arma 2, I see the version is 1.05.. I could really use the help because I think I need to patch Arma 2 in order to combine Arma 2 and Arma 2: OA.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

After I spent about 30 minutes to an hour, I found a fix.

I learned that Sprocketidea does not create a registry file when you install the game. So here is what you need to do.

- Go to "start" and then select "run"

- Enter "Regedit"

- Browse the options until you find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and double click on it, then look for "SOFTWARE", then look for the "Bohemia Interactive Studio" file and double click on it. Finally, click on the Arma 2 folder.

- Check to see if you have "MAIN" in your registry. If you don't have "MAIN" in there, you will need to create it.

- Look at the top of the window where is says "Edit" and click on it. You will then want to look for "NEW" and it should pop open another window. You then want to click on "String Value".

- Once you have click on "String Value", you will see that you can make a string. Type in "MAIN" as the file name and then just click on the white area to save it.

- Now you will want to right click "MAIN" and click on "MODIFY". Under value, enter the location where you installed Arma 2. For an example:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

Or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

The first one is for 32bit and the second one would be for 64bit... Hopefully this helps the people who are having this issue.

Edited by AlienXXI

I wasn't able to instal latest beta patch. This fixed it and now i can instal DAIZY singleplayer (Kodabar) :) thanks