Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead - Linux Standalone Server 1.57
Copyrigt (c) 2010 Bohemia Interactive Studio. All rights reserved.
For more information please visit
1. Following programs must have been installed on your Linux-box:
tar, gcc. Optional: md5sum (for setup integrity check)
1a. On some verions of Linux (this was reported for RedHat 9
and Gentoo linux 2.4.20) the NSCD deamon must be installed to
run ArmA 2 server successfully. Caching of DNS would be sufficient.
2. Copy the whole "ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead" directory from Windows
to some Linux-directory (arma2arrowhead). DON'T DO ANY DATA CONVERSIONS
(even "dos2unix" translation of text files is not necessary).
Example: you can use PKZIP (WinZip, PowerArchiver, etc.) on
Windows and "unzip" on Linux.
Don't use upper case letters in the ArmA2 directory name
(/home/bob/arma2arrowhead will be good, /home/bob/ArmA2ArrowHead
may cause some troubles).
ArmA2 directory should contain subdirectories "Addons", "Bin",
3. Copy the "server-x.xx.tar.gz" (x.xx is version number) file into
the arma2arrowhead directory. Unpack and install it with commands:
arma2arrowhead$ tar -xjf server-x.xx.tar.bz2
Watch the messages - they will inform you whether your installation
4. Dedicated server can be started in foreground:
Or in background:
o$ nohup ./server > out.txt 2> err.txt &
5. Running server can be stopped by executing:
$ kill -s SIGINT <pid>
Where <pid> is process-id of mother server thread (printed out in
6. ArmA2 ArrowHead server has a feature: command-line parameter
"-pid=<pid_file>". It causes creation of <pid_file> with
PID of root ArmA2 process. If IP port specified in "-port=<nn>"
parameter is busy (in usage), ArmA2 will terminate immediately
and <pid_file> won't be written..
7. The "arma2server" script is provided for automatic server
start/restart/status query/etc. Please be sure to edit
CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS in lines 12 to 18 !
After this is done, install (hard-link?) the script into
"/etc/rc.d/init.d/arma2server" file. After that it can be managed
by "chkconfig" (see info/man).