You would have to change the paa file for the tracer addon make a new color and then change the cfg

so that the cfg is reading that color only if thats the only color you want.

No tutorial I know of but for the tools you would need to open pbos :

Tools

to open pbos:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=411

- TexView 2 - texture convertor and viewer

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6820

Here is an example of what I did with loading screens:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1830563&postcount=4

You will need to make a paa file and convert it to tga then to paa from there, there are programs for that one

I was using was GIMP2 to convert the files.

once you convert the files then the PAA file needs to be with the rest of the files, youll need to take the title of

the paa file and add it to the cfg but if you want all but white tracers then change the cfg to all white.

or you could just download the warfx tracers which i believe are white.

I personally dont think its right to just hack into anothers work without their permission of course its just for yourself

so it should be ok, but I think it would be best to ask OS the process to change the tracers to white as Blastcore

if your using it is for OA and CO, not Arma2 like the warfx tracers are.

Or maybe he can make a small addon with nothing but white tracers.

Process shouldn't be to hard if you are really interested in doing it.

The too how often do you see white tracers? And realistically I think tracer colors vary from country to country.

Thanks for the links, but i only have Arma 2 on steam, without those expansions.

I could have done that to my self, looks easy, i already did some of those stuff before on other games. But first i had to check here.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

OMG unbeliviable, i made my own white tracer with litle yellow in background, its remake of his version, i didn't copy his i just made it look similar, and now it won't open in Texview2 says error loading file, wtf? I should try it with photoshop.

Edited by desetnik15

If using GIMP and saving to .tga format: make sure upon saving RLE compression is disabled (is on by default, while saving a dialogue should ask for it).

Ya what myke said you need to use Gimp2 to convert the jpg or whatever other format your using and convert it to tga,

then open the tga with the texviewer2 and convert the tga to paa, then from there change the cfg so that the cfg only reads the title of your paa file.

To do that open the cfg and just replace the titles of the paa's in there with your title, save and repbo it.

Ive suffered a catastrophic loss of data. It seems the entire sound mod has been lost along with pretty much 95% of the rest of my work. I have backups containing the soundmod but these are pretty outdated, regaining the lost data has brought some of the work back but most of the recent stuff made has been destoryed. I estimate it to be alround 3 months ruined, so motivation at the moment is pretty much low.

Sorry guys

Edited by Opticalsnare

Really sucks :(

Thanks for your work again tho -just getting back into the game and blastcore is well... a blast :)

Well, welcome to the club mate! Its hard to loose all this stuff. Especially the loose of NEW work. You put so much energy in something, close to be done and really happy about this, and than: ALL GONE! This is really totally fucked up!

I know the feeling about fucked up motivation. I thought: I will never edit any sound again, fuck this all! But hey, three day after this, I was able to make some new stuff! Its just the first shock I guess. And things like that make the modder coming back even better than before!

Oh, in your case its especially dramatic, everyone (me too) was really interested in your new sound sys! I really wanted to know how the fuck you did that, its just the biggest wish for most SM-Modder around here I guess.

We will wait! You will be come back even better, don't worry mate! Take a rest, and everything will be calm and you getting motivated to edit again, I promise!

I wish you all the best mate!

Jarhead

Oh man, I read this and just had to comment. I know exactly how awful the feeling of losing work is; Nothing feels colder or more gutting.

Backups are never as recent as you'd want them to be, and the motivation takes a hit. I don't know the specifics of your issue but is it a busted OS, or HDD?

Just know though that your Blastcore mod is brilliant, and you've contributed a great thing already.

I hope you can recover something if it's at all possible.

Ive suffered a catastrophic loss of data. It seems the entire sound mod has been lost along with pretty much 95% of the rest of my work. I have backups containing the soundmod but these are pretty outdated, regaining the lost data has brought some of the work back but most of the recent stuff made has been destoryed. I estimate it to be alround 3 months ruined, so motivation at the moment is pretty much fucked.

Sorry guys

It's happened to all of us. I lost an entire gamemode I was working on before OA's release. I never worked on it again :(

It's also taught me a valuable lesson about backing stuff up. If you want, I can provide you some webspace/ftp for backups. Just PM me.

Well i dont really know how it happened tbh, i was deleteing some folders off my game drive old game folders and stuff like and somehow which i know for a fact i didnt do but windows decided to delete the steam folder which at the time was about 25gb so it woundnt fit in the recycle bin so it simply perm deleted it along with the rest of the games i did want to delete in the partition. What makes me know i didnt select the folder because its left 3gb of steam stuff not the stuff that woundnt get deleted just crap .gcf files not in use so if i did mistakingly select the steam folder it would obv have deleted that is well but it didnt.

The actual soundmod in a whole is not lost ive made about 10 backups all over the place on my hdds, so all the stuff is still intact but its the most recent stuff thats been lost which is the new aircraft sounds ive been working on and everything from about xmas time.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Ah, a pity to hear aboot the soundmod, but FULL STEAM AHEAD with regards to asplosions!

I too know the pain of lost data. :)

Damn, sorry to hear that. Have you tried to recover the erased files?

It should work very well.

Funny you should mention that because i was this morning using a program to recover the deleted files and folders and it found a giant folder which has a unknown name but seems to contain all the mod stuff im hopin this is it, its hard to find the folders

and files it came up with something like 300,000 files and 10,000 folders able to recover... And im trying to find just one or two folders.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Since you simply deleted it and the HD is not damaged or anything I am pretty sure you should be able to retrieve. I cant help with it though, I would not know how to get it back but using a program to retrieve lost data. I never experienced that in a matter of me needing to recover it as it was important. :)

Here is to hoping!!

[edit]

You can even retrieve data after you formatted your disk, so I really think it should be possible.

Lot of programs available to do it found through google, just check them before installing to see if they are not free cause they come with "additional software" nobody wants.

Edited by Guest

Funny you should mention that because i was this morning using a program to recover the deleted files and folders and it found a giant folder which has a unknown name but seems to contain all the mod stuff im hopin this is it, its hard to find the folders

and files it came up with something like 300,000 files and 10,000 folders able to recover... And im trying to find just one or two folders.

Thank GOD!

Try to remember when you last edited a specific file, try searching for that file in combination with the date. (Most recovery Programms allow you to do this) YOu should be able to locate your Soundmod Folder that way