Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Arma 2 - ai first aid support

Thanks for the headsup about the update!!

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thanks for the update DAP..... trying it out now

Have found something wierd when using the autoinit version (and the script version running at the same time!) where wounded soldiers were moving around the battlefield rapidly on their backs and calling for help. They never got any healing.

Looked REALLY funny.

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Kremator View Post
    Have found something wierd when using the autoinit version (and the script version running at the same time!) where wounded soldiers were moving around the battlefield rapidly on their backs and calling for help. They never got any healing.

Looked REALLY funny.
    Thanks for info Now I know where is problem: SAME names of script folder and addon. They overwrite each other. I will change folder name for script version and all will be work fine. As I hope..

Also.. maybe you used old auto version of addon? Because I tried this combination and not saw any so strange collisions, as you saw.
    Last edited by DAP; Jul 18 2011 at 14:50.

Gunnery Sergeant
    Hi DAP!

Quote Originally Posted by DAP View Post
    - Improved: Searching wounded units (now search can be forced, if in unit's squad no available units for healing)
    Does that mean, that Medics from other Squads are healing you, when you´re in the Field on your own and wounded?

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Humvee28 View Post
    Hi DAP!

Does that mean, that Medics from other Squads are healing you, when you´re in the Field on your own and wounded?
    Not only medics. ANY friendly unit (even crew of land vehicles), who trained to first aid (any regular soldier) can help you. This feature added specially for one situation: you are wounded, but your squad have no free units to help you (they support any other units or they wounded too). But near you stay some friendly soldiers from other squad. Now they will help you. In earlier versions they just stay near, until you die or stay alone in your squad.
    Last edited by DAP; Jul 18 2011 at 15:18.

Gunnery Sergeant
    But near you stay some friendly soldiers from other squad. Now they will help you. In earlier versions they just stay near, until you die or stay alone in your squad.
    THAT it really good. Very appreciated Feature!

One thing I have noticed DAPMAN is that if your first aid is enabled and norrins revive too, if a player dies they revive with the red screen (as if still injured).

Oh and still getting a little ground movement (on injured AI) when just using the script alone.

Not only medics. ANY friendly unit (even crew of land vehicles), who trained to first aid (any regular soldier) can help you. This feature added specially for one situation: you are wounded, but your squad have no free units to help you (they support any other units or they wounded too). But near you stay some friendly soldiers from other squad. Now they will help you. In earlier versions they just stay near, until you die or stay alone in your squad.
    Hi DAP

Thanks for your work on this, a brilliant idea.

Unfortunately I can't get DAPMAN (v4.5) to work correctly (ArmA 2 CO; OA v1.59 / A2 v1.10).

Autoinit module with latest CBA doesn't work at all - only difference I see from vanilla is the my team's formation tends to go haywire & hence I get shot in the back fairly often

Neither BLUFOR nor OPFOR medics pay any attention to allied wounded outside their own team.

With the script version:

- Medics in my team don't seem to be on auto, ever

I started with your test mission, then expanded it to have more teams some with, some without medics.

- Medics in allied teams ignore wounded soldiers from other allied teams, including mine

- A non-medic team-mate ordered to give first aid will drag the wounded man (quite often the red icon remains behind until the team-mate stops dragging) then say "Sorry, no can do" before giving first aid. Otherwise the animations & screams work fine. If I get hit I see the read haze / hear the heartbeat OK also. The main issue is the lack of action from mine & other allied medics.

All very odd as it works for others.

I set up a test in which a couple of US BLUFOR teams face several groups of RU soldiers & Spetnaz across the airfield. No teams (neither my side, BLUFOR, nor OPFOR) had medics. I dotted around several 2-man teams of medics for each side.

The OPFOR medics ran around healing wounded Russkies, but the US medics just fired at the enemy; only healing I've ever seen them do is on their team-mate.

Occasionally in the latter tests I've seen wounded OPFOR sliding around at sometimes amazing speeds - quite funny actually, but obviously not intended.

I would love to get this to work; I'm in the early stages of designing a campaign on Podagorsk (very early as I'm very new to scripting) & one mission I'm thinking about still really needs DAPMAN to make it work - seeing this thread actually gave me the idea for the mission.

Any ideas what might be wrong? Happy to post or PM the mission script(s) if you think that might be the problem

TIA

Orcinus

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcinus View Post
    Autoinit module with latest CBA doesn't work at all - only difference I see from vanilla is the my team's formation tends to go haywire & hence I get shot in the back fairly often
    It works. Check your CBA version (For A2 only/OA only/CO). And try download latest version.

Neither BLUFOR nor OPFOR medics pay any attention to allied wounded outside their own team.

With the script version:

- Medics in my team don't seem to be on auto, ever

I started with your test mission, then expanded it to have more teams some with, some without medics.

- Medics in allied teams ignore wounded soldiers from other allied teams, including mine

- A non-medic team-mate ordered to give first aid will drag the wounded man (quite often the red icon remains behind until the team-mate stops dragging) then say "Sorry, no can do" before giving first aid. Otherwise the animations & screams work fine. If I get hit I see the read haze / hear the heartbeat OK also. The main issue is the lack of action from mine & other allied medics.

All very odd as it works for others.
    This was fixed in version 4.5.

Occasionally in the latter tests I've seen wounded OPFOR sliding around at sometimes amazing speeds - quite funny actually, but obviously not intended.
    I many times run all versions of addon (for different tests) and never seen something like this. Kremator says that he seen this bug too, but.. Can you say in which phase of script work(When unit lies on ground and wait healer, after drag, after healing, etc.) it happens?

Also now I testing new version. Added more new fixes and improvements. Especially for BIS First Aid: BC Module.

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast