Sign in to follow this  
DAP

Arma 2 - ai first aid support

No I mean that the units are dying instead of falling unconscious. Its like they have too heavy a wound and die. Is this meant to happen? I'm using the script version.

No I mean that the units are dying instead of falling unconscious. Its like they have too heavy a wound and die. Is this meant to happen? I'm using the script version.

There is two variants:

1. Event handler not added to unit (maybe something missed in init.sqf or/and in Description.ext in root mission folder)

2. Used BIS First Aid: Action module, BIS First Aid: Simulation module, or ACE first aid modules.

For correctly work need two conditions:

- string #include "DAPMAN\Config.hpp" - in Description.ext (Root mission folder)

- string [AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf"; - in Init.sqf (Root mission folder)

You can change value "AllUnits" to any units array. Then this script will work only for selected units.

Also you can use this string for new created units during mission

Hmmmm have put all of of those into init and description.

[AllUnits] should capture everything then?

I'm not running any BIS first aid

Hmmmm have put all of of those into init and description.

[AllUnits] should capture everything then?

I'm not running any BIS first aid

Try small demo mission, which included in latest version, without any addons. If it works - then it works. For me - it works.

Will check out addon and script version to see if there is a difference.

EDIT:

Checked version 4.3 - found that in script and addon mode I am still dying (and getting Restart in SP) I DO see some troops reviving and dragging, which shows that it must be working but there are other troops that just die straight away. Any idea why ? At the moment it is not catching every death and making them able to be revived.

Edited by Kremator

Will check out addon and script version to see if there is a difference.

EDIT:

Checked version 4.3 - found that in script and addon mode I am still dying (and getting Restart in SP) I DO see some troops reviving and dragging, which shows that it must be working but there are other troops that just die straight away. Any idea why ? At the moment it is not catching every death and making them able to be revived.

Actually.. this script not works for LETHAL hits :) If you die - you die :) Body hits and head hits - lethal :) You can check it by shooting to different "parts" of unit's body :) Headshot = dead body, shot in leg or hand = wounded unit, which screams and roll on the ground :) In close range firefights very likely that you will be killed. In long range firefights you have more chances to stay alive.

About some bugs.. I found some little bugs in scripts: sometimes units just stay near wounded unit an do nothing until he die. And you can't heal them too. It's already fixed in next version.

Edited by DAP

Would it be possible to add something for lethal hits ? That way it is the perfect revive/respawn.

Or an option perhaps that allows lethal hits = longer revive etc

Would it be possible to add something for lethal hits ? That way it is the perfect revive/respawn.

Or an option perhaps that allows lethal hits = longer revive etc

In MP this option is useless. That is my opinion :) You already have respawn. So why create some additional scripts, which will do same work. For SP.. this problem can be solved with simple respawn script, which can be triggered by "killed" event handler. I have my own for different situations and, perhaps, I can add this, with some modifications, in next version for using in SP missions.

Hey DAP,

Trying this out in a new mission (Virtual Training Space - by Gonza and L'Etranger) where you create units on the fly.

I have initialised the script version I think and set it for [AllUnits] but as I create units AFTER the mission has started it doesn't seem to be working. Anyway to put this into any units created after start ?

Hey DAP,

Trying this out in a new mission (Virtual Training Space - by Gonza and L'Etranger) where you create units on the fly.

I have initialised the script version I think and set it for [AllUnits] but as I create units AFTER the mission has started it doesn't seem to be working. Anyway to put this into any units created after start ?

If you want add this option for newly created units, then you need add same string in spawn script with replacing "AllUnits" to array of spawned units.

Example1:

[[_unit1,_unit2,_unit3]] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf";

Example2:

[(units _group)] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf";

Ahhhh I don't think this is the way that VTS works. Apart from the addon version there is no other way for the script to check allunits periodically to make sure they have DAP first aid present?

ADDON UPDATED

Version 4.4

Changelog:

- Fixed: Removes heal event handler, when "healer" has been killed while he drag or move to wounded unit.

- Fixed: "Stay with me"-bug, when healer just stay near wounded unit and do nothing until he die.

- Fixed: Removed speech: "I can tell you only my name, rank...".

- Fixed: Visual FX bug when player using team switch.

- Added: Specific identificator (variable "DAP_AIFAS_ASSIGNED"), which signals that unit have attached event handler and controlled by AI First Aid Support script. If this variable equal 1, then unit have specific event handler.

- Improved: ACE's wound system modules check.

Note: All links updated.

Ahhhh I don't think this is the way that VTS works. Apart from the addon version there is no other way for the script to check allunits periodically to make sure they have DAP first aid present?

You can check it with specific variable "DAP_AIFAS_ASSIGNED". If this variable equal 1, then unit have attached event handler.

Edited by DAP

Hey DAP,

Found out how to add the inits to each unit in VTS, and it is great now.

ADDON UPDATED

Version 4.5

Changelog:

- Improved: Scripts perfomance

- Improved: Interactions with BIS First Aid: Battlefield Clearance Module

- Improved: Searching wounded units (now search can be forced, if in unit's squad no available units for healing)

- Improved: Wounding system

- Fixed: Doubling "heal" order from squad leader

- Minor changes and tweaks

Note: All links updated.

Edited by DAP

Have found something wierd when using the autoinit version (and the script version running at the same time!) where wounded soldiers were moving around the battlefield rapidly on their backs and calling for help. They never got any healing.

Looked REALLY funny.

Have found something wierd when using the autoinit version (and the script version running at the same time!) where wounded soldiers were moving around the battlefield rapidly on their backs and calling for help. They never got any healing.

Looked REALLY funny.

Thanks for info :) Now I know where is problem: SAME names of script folder and addon. They overwrite each other. I will change folder name for script version and all will be work fine. As I hope.. :D

Also.. maybe you used old auto version of addon? Because I tried this combination and not saw any so strange collisions, as you saw.

Edited by DAP

Hi DAP!

- Improved: Searching wounded units (now search can be forced, if in unit's squad no available units for healing)

Does that mean, that Medics from other Squads are healing you, when you´re in the Field on your own and wounded?

Hi DAP!

Does that mean, that Medics from other Squads are healing you, when you´re in the Field on your own and wounded?

Not only medics. ANY friendly unit (even crew of land vehicles), who trained to first aid (any regular soldier) can help you. This feature added specially for one situation: you are wounded, but your squad have no free units to help you (they support any other units or they wounded too). But near you stay some friendly soldiers from other squad. Now they will help you. In earlier versions they just stay near, until you die or stay alone in your squad.

Edited by DAP

But near you stay some friendly soldiers from other squad. Now they will help you. In earlier versions they just stay near, until you die or stay alone in your squad.

THAT it really good. Very appreciated Feature! :)

One thing I have noticed DAPMAN is that if your first aid is enabled and norrins revive too, if a player dies they revive with the red screen (as if still injured).

Oh and still getting a little ground movement (on injured AI) when just using the script alone.

Not only medics. ANY friendly unit (even crew of land vehicles), who trained to first aid (any regular soldier) can help you. This feature added specially for one situation: you are wounded, but your squad have no free units to help you (they support any other units or they wounded too). But near you stay some friendly soldiers from other squad. Now they will help you. In earlier versions they just stay near, until you die or stay alone in your squad.

Hi DAP

Thanks for your work on this, a brilliant idea.

Unfortunately I can't get DAPMAN (v4.5) to work correctly (ArmA 2 CO; OA v1.59 / A2 v1.10).

Autoinit module with latest CBA doesn't work at all - only difference I see from vanilla is the my team's formation tends to go haywire & hence I get shot in the back fairly often :eek:

Neither BLUFOR nor OPFOR medics pay any attention to allied wounded outside their own team.

With the script version:

- Medics in my team don't seem to be on auto, ever

I started with your test mission, then expanded it to have more teams some with, some without medics.

- Medics in allied teams ignore wounded soldiers from other allied teams, including mine

- A non-medic team-mate ordered to give first aid will drag the wounded man (quite often the red icon remains behind until the team-mate stops dragging) then say "Sorry, no can do" before giving first aid. Otherwise the animations & screams work fine. If I get hit I see the read haze / hear the heartbeat OK also. The main issue is the lack of action from mine & other allied medics.

All very odd as it works for others.

I set up a test in which a couple of US BLUFOR teams face several groups of RU soldiers & Spetnaz across the airfield. No teams (neither my side, BLUFOR, nor OPFOR) had medics. I dotted around several 2-man teams of medics for each side.

The OPFOR medics ran around healing wounded Russkies, but the US medics just fired at the enemy; only healing I've ever seen them do is on their team-mate.

Occasionally in the latter tests I've seen wounded OPFOR sliding around at sometimes amazing speeds - quite funny actually, but obviously not intended.

I would love to get this to work; I'm in the early stages of designing a campaign on Podagorsk (very early as I'm very new to scripting) & one mission I'm thinking about still really needs DAPMAN to make it work - seeing this thread actually gave me the idea for the mission.

Any ideas what might be wrong? Happy to post or PM the mission script(s) if you think that might be the problem

TIA

Orcinus

Autoinit module with latest CBA doesn't work at all - only difference I see from vanilla is the my team's formation tends to go haywire & hence I get shot in the back fairly often

It works. Check your CBA version (For A2 only/OA only/CO). And try download latest version.

Neither BLUFOR nor OPFOR medics pay any attention to allied wounded outside their own team.

With the script version:

- Medics in my team don't seem to be on auto, ever

I started with your test mission, then expanded it to have more teams some with, some without medics.

- Medics in allied teams ignore wounded soldiers from other allied teams, including mine

- A non-medic team-mate ordered to give first aid will drag the wounded man (quite often the red icon remains behind until the team-mate stops dragging) then say "Sorry, no can do" before giving first aid. Otherwise the animations & screams work fine. If I get hit I see the read haze / hear the heartbeat OK also. The main issue is the lack of action from mine & other allied medics.

All very odd as it works for others.

This was fixed in version 4.5.

Occasionally in the latter tests I've seen wounded OPFOR sliding around at sometimes amazing speeds - quite funny actually, but obviously not intended.

I many times run all versions of addon (for different tests) and never seen something like this. Kremator says that he seen this bug too, but.. Can you say in which phase of script work(When unit lies on ground and wait healer, after drag, after healing, etc.) it happens?

Also now I testing new version. Added more new fixes and improvements. Especially for BIS First Aid: BC Module.