Sign in to follow this  
DAP

Arma 2 - ai first aid support

Do I understand right that this still does not work with the ACE wounds module?

Show me the worm!!! SHOW ME THE WORM!

I think he meant "work". At least, I hope he did :eek:

Seriously, I cannot imagine DAP distributing a worm!

BR

Orcinus

Do I understand right that this still does not work with the ACE wounds module?

No. Because, as I say before, too many "collisions" with scripts.

Show me the worm!!! SHOW ME THE WORM!

:D :D :D

When I saw this first time, I almost fell under the table :D

Does anyone know if this would work with the recently-released Invasion 44 mod?

Does anyone know if this would work with the recently-released Invasion 44 mod?

I think, only if I44 wound module wasn't added in mission. But not tested yet.

I think, only if I44 wound module wasn't added in mission. But not tested yet.

Thanks but I was thinking about the auto-init (pbo) version of your brilliant mod.

Thanks but I was thinking about the auto-init (pbo) version of your brilliant mod.

No difference. If I44 wounds module added, then probably can appears "collisons" in scripts.

Autoinit doesn't need the module to be placed on the map. It will work out what First Aid you have enabled and will override (if appropriate) or work alongside (if appropriate).

This a great mod that I literally can no longer play without.

But has anybody seen the ai successfully drag a wounded comrade away. The rare time I do see them try the dragger instantly dies after a few seconds of dragging. I am trying to figure out a way to check if it is one of my many mods doing this but I can't get anybody to try dragging when I want to. They just do first aid on the spot which works fine.

Has anybody experienced this problem before. Has anybody seen the ai drag a away a comrade without dying. does anybody know how to get the ai to drag wounded comrades instead of heal them on the spot so I can try to reproduce this bug. Thanks for the help.

Hey Dap. Quick question mate. I have put the DAPMAN init in the init.sqf (well duh :) ) but considering that my mission can make about 2000 units in a couple of hours is there an EASY way to add it to AllUnits over a long timeframe? Something like a while loop (with a 20 sec sleep) or something? How CPU intensive would this be to 'update' about 300 AI every 20 secs?

I'll do a quick test anyway, but your considered input would be appreciated.

Cheers

Kremator

This a great mod that I literally can no longer play without.

But has anybody seen the ai successfully drag a wounded comrade away. The rare time I do see them try the dragger instantly dies after a few seconds of dragging. I am trying to figure out a way to check if it is one of my many mods doing this but I can't get anybody to try dragging when I want to. They just do first aid on the spot which works fine.

Has anybody experienced this problem before. Has anybody seen the ai drag a away a comrade without dying. does anybody know how to get the ai to drag wounded comrades instead of heal them on the spot so I can try to reproduce this bug. Thanks for the help.

Try run this addon without third party addons. Make simple test. Place two units on map, and shoot in one of them. Second unit must drag him (if no any big objects behind him).

Hey Dap. Quick question mate. I have put the DAPMAN init in the init.sqf (well duh :) ) but considering that my mission can make about 2000 units in a couple of hours is there an EASY way to add it to AllUnits over a long timeframe? Something like a while loop (with a 20 sec sleep) or something? How CPU intensive would this be to 'update' about 300 AI every 20 secs?

2000 at start? :) Or they will spawn during the mission? :) If first variant - then you can use simple cycle in mission init-file. Something like this:

{[units _x] execVM "DAPMAN\init.sqf"; sleep 5;}ForEach allGroups; 

If second variant - then just add next string in script, which spawn units, when all units in group was spawned:

[(units _group)] execVM "DAPMAN\init.sqf";

Yeah I found out what mod was causing the problem. Nothing wrong with yours.

Hey dap, this mod is already great but I am wondering if you are planning to keep ading more to it. Maybe something like bleeding and bandaging, or even just more variety concerning the agony animation.

Yeah I found out what mod was causing the problem. Nothing wrong with yours.

Hey dap, this mod is already great but I am wondering if you are planning to keep ading more to it. Maybe something like bleeding and bandaging, or even just more variety concerning the agony animation.

I already done progressive version, but it will be used in new mod. Different wound types and different procedures, including bandaging, anesthetic injections, CPR, EAV, OPA and other. Maybe, after mod release, I will add lite stand alone version :)

Sounds great DAP. As long as there is a script version and that AI are able to use it!

Keep up the good work mate!

Hey Dap or anyone I need a little help. I can't get the script version 4.7.3 to work on new units created during mission both for bluefor and opfor units.

I have it working with all units place down from the editor using this code line in the mission init [AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf";

Now here is the problem. When I replace the [AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf"; with this below

["unit 1","unit 2","unit 3","unit 4","ect"] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf";

_group = createGroup WEST;

_n=0;

_count= (count(_squad));

_spawnpos = getMarkerPos "respawn_west";

_squad select 0 createUnit [_spawnpos, _group,"", 0.45, "LIEUTENANT"];

while {(_n<_count)} do

{

_n=_n+1;

_unitType = _squad select _n;

_unitType createUnit [_spawnpos, _group];

};

[(units _group)] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf"; - this string run script, which assign wound-scripts for new created units.

The whole script does not work. If I want to add the script for all new units created during mission of all sides. What the hell lol am I doing wrong and do I need to keep the [AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf"; intact for the units placed down in the editor to work as well. Some clarification would help me Thanks Avibird. great addon/mod/script

Within the Battlezone mission, there are hundreds of AI on the map at any one time. Over the course of the war there will be around 10k deaths ! Each AI group is given DAPs First Aid - I don't see any slowdown in using it.

I think you must be doing something wrong with _group. It needs to be an array. I'm no coder so I can't help you more.

do you mean each unit class name that I am going to spawn in during gameplay I need to place the class name inside the array. can you give me an example of the short array of a few unit classes how I would set it up.

do you keep the allunit array. do you replace the whole thing including the class names of the units place down in in the editor as well.this should be simple but it struck me nuts

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

As I said - I'm not a coder - but you need to have an array of units (as [AllUnits] is) that is called with the dapman init. Perhaps a coder could wade in here and help you out, but I have found that repeatedly calling [AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\init.sqf"; works for me :)

PS looking forward to the new version DAP :)

Yes [AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\init.sqf"; works for me but only on units placed down within the editor not units made during the gameplay. do I use this codeline

_group = createGroup WEST; do I put the array of units like this here [unit 1,unit 2 unit 3 ect]; and do I need to make a new array for opfor units as well.

_n=0;

_count= (count(_squad));

_spawnpos = getMarkerPos "respawn_west";

_squad select 0 createUnit [_spawnpos, _group,"", 0.45, "LIEUTENANT"];

while {(_n<_count)} do

{

_n=_n+1;

_unitType = _squad select _n;

_unitType createUnit [_spawnpos, _group];

};

[(units _group)] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf";

I already done progressive version, but it will be used in new mod. Different wound types and different procedures, including bandaging, anesthetic injections, CPR, EAV, OPA and other. Maybe, after mod release, I will add lite stand alone version

That would be fucking amazing. Good luck with your mod.

Quick question DAP. I think you have it that, if you are injured and an AI is in a vehicle close by, they will get out of the driver seat and heal you. Is it possible to make them re-enter the drivers seat and resume whatever they were doing ?