Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Arma 2 - ai first aid support

Yeah I found out what mod was causing the problem. Nothing wrong with yours.
    Hey dap, this mod is already great but I am wondering if you are planning to keep ading more to it. Maybe something like bleeding and bandaging, or even just more variety concerning the agony animation.

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by -Coulum- View Post
    Yeah I found out what mod was causing the problem. Nothing wrong with yours.
    Hey dap, this mod is already great but I am wondering if you are planning to keep ading more to it. Maybe something like bleeding and bandaging, or even just more variety concerning the agony animation.
    I already done progressive version, but it will be used in new mod. Different wound types and different procedures, including bandaging, anesthetic injections, CPR, EAV, OPA and other. Maybe, after mod release, I will add lite stand alone version

Sounds great DAP. As long as there is a script version and that AI are able to use it!

Keep up the good work mate!

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Hey Dap or anyone I need a little help. I can't get the script version 4.7.3 to work on new units created during mission both for bluefor and opfor units.
    I have it working with all units place down from the editor using this code line in the mission init [AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf";

Now here is the problem. When I replace the [AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf"; with this below

["unit 1","unit 2","unit 3","unit 4","ect"] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf";

_group = createGroup WEST;

_n=0;
    _count= (count(_squad));
    _spawnpos = getMarkerPos "respawn_west";

_squad select 0 createUnit [_spawnpos, _group,"", 0.45, "LIEUTENANT"];
    while {(_n<_count)} do
    {
    _n=_n+1;
    _unitType = _squad select _n;
    _unitType createUnit [_spawnpos, _group];
    };
    [(units _group)] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf"; - this string run script, which assign wound-scripts for new created units.

The whole script does not work. If I want to add the script for all new units created during mission of all sides. What the hell lol am I doing wrong and do I need to keep the [AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf"; intact for the units placed down in the editor to work as well. Some clarification would help me Thanks Avibird. great addon/mod/script
    AVIBIRD 1

When playing this game, Keep Chuck Norris home!
    If they make this game, They will play!
    The truth is out there, If you look!

Within the Battlezone mission, there are hundreds of AI on the map at any one time. Over the course of the war there will be around 10k deaths ! Each AI group is given DAPs First Aid - I don't see any slowdown in using it.

I think you must be doing something wrong with _group. It needs to be an array. I'm no coder so I can't help you more.

Master Gunnery Sergeant

a little clarification

do you mean each unit class name that I am going to spawn in during gameplay I need to place the class name inside the array. can you give me an example of the short array of a few unit classes how I would set it up.

do you keep the allunit array. do you replace the whole thing including the class names of the units place down in in the editor as well.this should be simple but it struck me nuts
    Last edited by AVIBIRD 1; Apr 13 2012 at 20:30.

As I said - I'm not a coder - but you need to have an array of units (as [AllUnits] is) that is called with the dapman init. Perhaps a coder could wade in here and help you out, but I have found that repeatedly calling [AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\init.sqf"; works for me

PS looking forward to the new version DAP

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Yes [AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\init.sqf"; works for me but only on units placed down within the editor not units made during the gameplay. do I use this codeline

_group = createGroup WEST; do I put the array of units like this here [unit 1,unit 2 unit 3 ect]; and do I need to make a new array for opfor units as well.

_n=0;
    _count= (count(_squad));
    _spawnpos = getMarkerPos "respawn_west";

_squad select 0 createUnit [_spawnpos, _group,"", 0.45, "LIEUTENANT"];
    while {(_n<_count)} do
    {
    _n=_n+1;
    _unitType = _squad select _n;
    _unitType createUnit [_spawnpos, _group];
    };
    [(units _group)] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf";

Quote Originally Posted by DAP
    I already done progressive version, but it will be used in new mod. Different wound types and different procedures, including bandaging, anesthetic injections, CPR, EAV, OPA and other. Maybe, after mod release, I will add lite stand alone version
    That would be fucking amazing. Good luck with your mod.

Quick question DAP. I think you have it that, if you are injured and an AI is in a vehicle close by, they will get out of the driver seat and heal you. Is it possible to make them re-enter the drivers seat and resume whatever they were doing ?

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast