Sign in to follow this  
Sapiens

OA Server - BattlEye Initialization Failed

I've spent several hours trying to set up an OA server in a Windows Server 2008 R2 environment. Initial setup was accomplished by installing Steam on the server and then allowing it to download both the client and server files, as this was much faster than uploading the entire game directory myself.

I am unable to launch the server because BattlEye fails to initialize. I've tried running both the BE installer provided by Steam as well as the separate download posted by Dwarden, but since there's absolutely zero feedback I can't tell if they're successful or not. A separate BattlEye folder isn't created in my OA directory, though I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen on the server's end of things, or if I'm even supposed to be running the BattlEye installer in the first place.

Any suggestions for determining the cause of this error and how to correct it would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance. :)

Update: After starting from scratch and choosing the "Reinstall BattlEye" optiona via Steam, things are working properly. I guess I just needed to take walk away from it for a while. :P

Update 2: Upon further investigation it appears I had goofed up my command line. BattlEye seems to rely on the -profile (and/or -name?) switch to know where to put its files, and if you specify an invalid location it poops the bed.

Edited by Sapiens

Have same problem on Linux OA server.

EDIT: fixed by reinstall

Edited by Sira