UPDATE: 7th Feburary 2013
There are many issues and bugs in the current PDB standalone version. Development of the standalone PDB scripts has ceased and I have moved development be to exclusively for MSO where PDB development has really moved on massively in MSO 4.6. Myself and the MSO dev team will also be working on a new MSO PDB version for Arma3 when it's released which will be in addon form.
I am no longer offering support for this old standalone version of PDB.
You can get support for the new PDB integrated into MSO on our dev-heaven site here
MSO support is here and here
The latest development files can be found here
UPDATE: 22nd June 2012
Over the last month or so I have been working on a set of scripts that can be integrated into any ArmA2 missions that will allow for persistent player and game/mission data to be stored in a serverside database and retrieved on command.
No clientside addons are required and it is compatible with Windows dedicated servers. All that is required is that both CBA and Arma2NET addons be loaded serverside together with a MYSQL database. This only works on dedicated servers. There are potentially many applications for this so I'd very much welcome your suggestions whilst I'm still in the development stage.
Many thanks to Sickboy for his help and expert advice!
Direct link to PDBReadme.html
Latest PDB Version:
PDB Dev-heaven repo
PDB in MSO:
Dev-heaven repository branch
- Arma2NETMySQL.dll compiled against Arma2Net 2.2
- Arma2NETMySQL.dll added sqlite support
- Arma2NETMySQL.dll The socket connection would stay open once started. This caused problems (aka crashing). Now, it will close down the connection after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- Arma2NETMySQL.dll logs save to AppData/Local/Arma2NETMySQL
- Arma2NETMySQL.dll Databases.txt now loads from AppData/Local/Arma2NETMySQL
- Arma2NETMySQL.dll New Databases.txt format. Added type, mysql and sqlite
- PersistentDB Core rewrite
- New MYSQL DB Schema
- New example missions
- Arma2NETMySQL.dll compiled against Arma2Net 2.11.1
- Arma2NETMySQL.dll logs now save to AppData/Local/Arma2NETMySQL
- compiled Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.dll against the 6.5.4 MySQL.Data Reference
- fixed printing of messages in valid format
- Shows version number of Arma2NET that it is compiled with.
- Fixed so it works with the latest version of the MySQL Connector (6.5.4).
- Works with latest Arma2NET (1.10).