Sign in to follow this  
mosh

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 76560

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

* fixed: Stuttering of the PMC campaign videos on some systems

* improved: New implementation of MP ChangeOwner. Previous owner of object must confirm the change before the new server is chosen.

* Patch: Fixed: Locality issues of objects in MP (mainly updates from nonowner errors). Version raised to 1.57 due to MP incompability.

[/Quote]

I noticed it brings OA up to 1.57.76560 so you will have to wait for some servers to use the beta to test MP.

Thanks BIS, will test now.

Edited by Dwarden
stuff

Mosh, seems there's nothing new in the changelog (these problems were killed by the last beta and 1.56)

Yeah, I got the email and saw the 4 changes and just copied them... I'll post updated change log if there is one, other than the version change.

Performance is much better. I dont have a shutter in one forest cutscene that have it in official 1.56. Grass blinking is still there and I made a new ticket for it, since the old one was closed as solved even its still half-solved.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15708

Please note that some fixes seems not be listed in the changelog (we are currently investigating why and will fix it).

There are two important areas this beta patch should address:

* improved: New implementation of MP ChangeOwner. Previous owner of object must confirm the change before the new server is chosen.

Please note that some fixes seems not be listed in the changelog (we are currently investigating why and will fix it).

There are two important areas this beta patch should address:

Thanks Maruk downloading now.

Thanks for the information Maruk. It's been running great so far, client and server.

Textures on AA2's XM8 are still low-res.
that's no bug! To solve this plz buy PMC addon. Whats next, complaining about low res BAF(lite) textures? btw. Not a single default unit in ArmA II is using XM8.

I already paid for hi-res XM8s when I bought ArmA2. They were also hi-res up until 1.56. So yeah it's a bug.

I already paid for hi-res XM8s when I bought ArmA2. They were also hi-res up until 1.56. So yeah it's a bug.
A bug is the rotor texture on UH-60 and AH/MH-6...and that's also a model/texture issue and that wont be changed in a BETA so just stop asking for New XM8 textures in a BETA test thread. Betas are engine changes not content changes and I bet the low res textures on XM8 are not a bug but happened on purpose.

There is already a Thread about this issue: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110813

Edited by Ulanthorn

that's no bug! To solve this plz buy PMC addon. Whats next, complaining about low res BAF(lite) textures? btw. Not a single default unit in ArmA II is using XM8.

There are XM8 in ArmA 2 before even Arrowhead was out.. these PMC ones are just re skinned so if he has low resolution ArmA 2 XM8 skins they're not PMC meaning it is a bug?:j:

So you're wrong here.. I've seen them a million times they're not only in PMC..:o

That's why I hate PMC for having the XM8 as regular weapon, we didn't really need it.. and that's the main reason, that also this DLC won't pull me over buying it..

Edited by RavoC

Textures on AA2's XM8 are still low-res.

that will be resolved in content update not in beta

Very nice, thanks for the information

Yes, it is a bug (and it will be fixed).

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

I tried to gather more details about the mp related changes:

* Patch: Fixed: Locality issues of objects in MP (mainly updates from nonowner errors). Version raised to 1.57 due to MP incompability.

Please note that the mp change is fairly low level.

N1 BIS, this means we get 1.57 soon.

*crossing fingers for next week*

I hope because I'm not going to be able to test the beta due to the version change.

N1 BIS, this means we get 1.57 soon.

*crossing fingers for next week*

Not so fast. First I rather want to see the chopper and LOD bugs (which were introduced in 1.55) resolved. This is so much annoying.

Even if the DLC's didn't really blow me away, I still love BIS and this is the best game ever!:yay:

Good. Thanks. That's all I wanted to hear.

Patch: Fixed: Locality issues of objects in MP (mainly updates from nonowner errors). Version raised to 1.57 due to MP incompability.

I like that one, i hope that that means that BIS is working on the netcode to finally remove the locality and JIP bugs that have been there since... well always i think :rolleyes: