Sign in to follow this  
mosh

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 76560

Tested the PMC campaign videos briefly, and it seems that they are a lot smoother now. Thx!

Wow. Amazed on that XM8 decision. Wasn't sure if it was deliberate or mistake.

Anyway, what means MP ChangeOwner?

I've just noticed (don't really know when it started) but when you are riding in the tank with AI commander in another tank, take some damage and are being ordered out of the tank it automatically kicks you and your crew out even though the tank is not destroyed and I could call for a support truck. And I can't get back in.

I remember earlier it was absolutely my choice when to get out.

Bug/feature?

That happened before, too. I cannot even get in a vehicle if my squadleader doesn't tell me to.

What is the purpose of ChangeOwner? Is it just an extra feature included because of the locality fix, or are there other reasons you would use this?

What is the purpose of ChangeOwner? Is it just an extra feature included because of the locality fix, or are there other reasons you would use this?

It's not really a feature, but a new way of handling object updates and synchronization in multiplayer. There were situations in which the server and clients would get desynchronized (e.g. working with different information about who is in which group and who is the leader). This low-level change hopes to correct these types of situations, but will need to be verified in more actual multiplayer gameplay :)

Thx for this patch Bis, BUT:

I know that i talk for others too, i only play MP online and i think everybody knows that performance on ded. server is another story then hosting on your computer.

I just wanna know, why you guys did that build for 1.57 again, like on 1.55 , what is the specific reason for that? I mean i can test it offline in editor or in a mission, but i also wanna test it in MP, because playing online is the main reason why i bought this game.

It should not be a stupid question or maybe you already gave a statement 'bout that dwarden. Sorry for this question, i just wanna know

cheers lads

P.S.: you know i love you, czech boys:inlove: for dev'ing this crazy stuff, it's like the story with kanye west, i just wanna get it man

The version number was changed because, explained in the post above yours, by Dna.

Also the solution to your problem is; find or setup servers that use the beta.

yes, the XM8's are still low-res. Hope they'll fix this in the next build. Cool patch;)

Gave a try with this and PMC campaign and the video playback is completly fixed for me. Thank you.

_neo_

Gave a try with this and PMC campaign and the video playback is completly fixed for me. Thank you.

_neo_

Same here. Too bad the MP changes break compatibility with the current final version. The locality/ChangeOwner fix sounds like it could get rid of a whole bunch of known issues.

I think this beta is really good. The performance is even better than I thought when played Zargabad. I hope it stays like this. Is there some AI changes too, it seems to be much more deadly than before with quick senses and moving more and maybe better also in houses?

Also the solution to your problem is; find or setup servers that use the beta.

Well somehow i knew that before i asked. Neither i can't find beta servers, nor am i able to set up a ded. one. So i can't test this in MP, even if it sounds interesting..

thx for the CBA-fix btw, mr. sick-o :)

I think this beta is really good. The performance is even better than I thought when played Zargabad. I hope it stays like this. Is there some AI changes too, it seems to be much more deadly than before with quick senses and moving more and maybe better also in houses?

Can someone answer that? i would test this beta if it was indeed the case.

A bug is the rotor texture on UH-60 and AH/MH-6...

Yes, noticed that to, they bend upwards all the time, wonder if it's BIS intention to model the rotor load (visually at least) in the future?

Just tried this new build briefly so I can't comment on performance yet but I noticed some new (to me) interesting AI behavior. I have a simple test mission with a singe AI squad having one GUARD WP and now I noticed that after a while (I was not detected) the SL ordered them to "search ahead" of them ~150 m then they got back to the origin GUARD WP and waited .

This didn't happen everytime I ran the mission but I could see it 2 out of 5 times. In previous versions they always just stood waiting at the origin GUARD WP until the detected enemies. Anyone else noticed similar things?

BTW: Subordinates still walks around in circles in AWARE mode, sometimes it's just one and other times it's all (except the SL).

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

_neo_

Same, thanks...

Errors I'm still getting:

Face

Glasses

Client: Nonnetwork object 375d0000. number varies

Ref to nonnetwork object 3880b900# 532849: usbasicammo.p3d

Warning: Road selection asf3 has wrong name format

Warning: Road selection mud has wrong name format

Cannot load sound 'ca\missions\sounds\info.wss' Domination edit.

Client: Object 5:595 (type Type_70) not found.

Client: Object 5:596 (type Type_72) not found.

In other words, the usual stuff. But this one caught my eye:

Link to 8da2b1aa (Obj-86,109:426) not released

Only one entry of it. Have no clue what it relates to. Just FYI in case it is important.

Anyone else getting this bug ?

Walk, press the "slow walk" key (shift for example) and at the same moment throw a (smoke)grenade.

Now you fly forward a few hundred meters and die !

Cant remember seeing this before, is it fixed with this beta ?

Walk, press the "slow walk" key (shift for example) and at the same moment throw a (smoke)grenade.

I dunno, but it sounds like fun! Gonna try that.

I tried to do that because I thought it would be a funny video, but nothing like that happen :s

Also, sometimes the soldier throws the grenade with the walking animation throw

I tried to do that because I thought it would be a funny video, but nothing like that happen :s

Also, sometimes the soldier throws the grenade with the walking animation throw

Ok, try this.

Open the desert map and place a soldier on the hill in the south (or on any other hill at any other map).

Choose the grenades and walk downhill, now press slow walk and throw the grenade (keep slow walk and forward key pressed !).

Now it should look funny ! :p

Ok, try this.

Open the desert map and place a soldier on the hill in the south (or on any other hill at any other map).

Choose the grenades and walk downhill, now press slow walk and throw the grenade (keep slow walk and forward key pressed !).

Now it should look funny ! :p

I tried this and all I get is the throwing animation twice with the actual throw occurring on the second animation. :(