Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

MBG Creationism

mbgcreationismca.png

MBG Creationism

Download Beta 3

------------------------------------------------------------

Aloha everyone,

I've started recreating a building system that lets you build nearly everything everywhere. It's a revive of an old project I did years ago.

Basically this system allows you to build structures out of small segments and parts. Similar to LEGO®©™ (and whatnot...)

The complete system is framed as a plug-in, so it can be used in any mission you like. It'll be also featured in a "survival" style mission, which will hopefully be released along with this addon.

Anyways, here are some pictures detailing the menu in the foreground and in the background the structure shown in the video:

arma2oa2010120518493286.th.jpg arma2oa2010120518494592.th.jpg

arma2oa2010120518500451.th.jpg arma2oa2010120518501040.th.jpg

As explaining how this works is rather difficult with Pictures and text only, I've made a video showing how it works and what you can do:

2vzRHu53ozw

Oh, and yes. The title of this addon is a spoof on a certain mission that was rather popular in ArmA1.

Changelog:

-Added "reset snap-to" function for easier constructing

-fixed sounds of doors/gates

-Added concrete/wooden ramps and MASH Tent

-added new "Support" object

-fixed animation speed for the huge gate (100s -> 10s)

Quick use guide:

1. Open Editor
  2. Place player
  3. Place the "MBG_Creationism" Module (F7)
  4. Hit "preview"
  5. Done!

Quick guide for MP:

Use included Test-Mission or

1. Place players
  2. Place "MBG_Creationism" Module (F7)
  3. Place "BIS Functions" Module (F7)
  4. Add respawn in Description.ext
  5. Put this into a "initJIPCompatible.sqf"
    _ok = _this execVM "\MBG_Creationism\scripts\init.sqf";

6. Done!

2-4 COOP Defend Creationism updated last 12th Dec, 18:00GMT

Download mission

Plus, NeoArmageddon asked me to include the latest version of his MP-Mission using Creationism. For play-testing both the addon and the mission.

In lack of a briefing, here's what you do.

When you start, hop into the truck and drive to any location you like. Once you reach it, deploy the truck and begin to fortify the truck and it's surrounding area, because you'll now have to defend against oncoming waves of enemies that will gain stronger and stronger with time.

You earn money for killing enemies. Once 2h are passed you win and if your truck is destroyed, the mission is lost.

Edited by Mondkalb

hey.. thats really nice!...

release hopefully?...

edit.. have this little guy..AHHHH...lol.. priceless.. great vid to.

Edited by Loki

Not only bloody clever - but a funny video too!

What more can a man ask for?

Me like.

thats an incredible tool!

I am definately looking forward to a release!

that's awesome. lol, i can't wait for this. great work!

Mondkalb: just got your msg, watched the video..... wow, you're turning A2 into Minecraft lol ;) great!

Minecraft? Oh noes!

The first version of this project is at least 1.5 years old (i.e the Door Segment which was made when I wrote my Addon-Tutorial). :cool:

But yeh, minecraft kind of made me revive this. :D

That is truly cool!! and yes i also like your video :D

Any other details for "survival" style mission? sounds interesting.

Awesome! I think my favourite quote is this "Isn't that magic? .....no it's not."

:D You rock, dude!

Abs

That's awesome mate, nice one :)

Haha brilliant video for an addon with huge potential! You're a genius Mondkalb. :D

This is one of the most impressive add-ons I have seen. I can't wait to see this progress and be released. I can see endless possibilities on the mission building side of things.

How are the props handled, would it be fairly simple to add new prop models to the system?

Is it possible to limit what is shown in the UI, not just by filters, but so only a set number of objects shows up as default?

Sorry if the video answers any of the questions, not able to view it, currently on my phone.

Keep up the good work.

Nice job so far keep up the good work!

reminds me of Silola's/Mapfact teams excellent 3DE tool for A1

It was more advanced/powerfull than this (no offence meant) but very handy for making complex structures from basic 3d objects,they made

a very highly detailed island using just their 3de tool and exporting it into Visitor.

You could even work with the tool in mp coop so a group or mod team could work together on the same project at the same time!

Here's a link to their release thread for some inspiration.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=69207&highlight=3DE

& 3DE wip thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=68334&highlight=3DE

the thread does/did have a link to a demo vid that was hosted on their website and i thought it was uploaded to youtube also at one point but can't find a link for the youtube version anymore!

although i do have a copy of that vid on my pc i could upload if you'd like to take a look at it?

Would love to see this developed further in that direction if possible

i know for sure the talented mission & map makers we have in our community would kill for something like that working for A2/OA.

anyway best of luck with this in the future.

BiGGiBs

Brilliant idea! I remember playing battlefield 2's Sandbox mod and thinking "Darn if only we had something like this in Arma.." would absolutely love to see this go through.

How are the props handled, would it be fairly simple to add new prop models to the system?

Its childsplay to add new items. I kept the system highly dynamic.

MBG_Filters_Build = [["Wall Segments","MBG_Walls"],["Floors/Roofs","MBG_Roof"],["Foundations","MBG_Foundations"],["Fortification","MBG_Fortification"],["Defence","MBG_Defence"],["Misc","MBG_Misc"]];

MBG_Foundations = [
["Land_MBG_Fundament_3000x3000",800,"A solid thing to begin with, ain't it?","ca\ui\data\iconvehicle_ca.paa"],
["Land_MBG_Treppe250x450x150",150,"Stairway to heaven. (If applicable)","ca\ui\data\iconvehicle_ca.paa"]

];

MBG_Fortification = [
["Land_HBarrier_large",200,"A simple and easy Barrier.\n\nSometimes used to block driving cars by suprise...",(getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "Land_HBarrier_large" >> "icon"))],
["Land_HBarrier3",50,"Short Hescobarriers",(getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "Land_HBarrier3" >> "icon"))]
];

You can add -on the fly- new Filters and new Items to filters. New Categories on the fly aren't possible due to the UI.

Later, as a missionbuilder, just do this to add new stuff:

MBG_Fortification = MBG_Fortification  +
["Christmastree",1000,"Comes with a surprise! YAY!",(getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "Christmastree" >> "icon"))];

Is it possible to limit what is shown in the UI, not just by filters, but so only a set number of objects shows up as default?

Some kind of "Last used" or "Favourite" feature is definitely something I should consider. :)

@BiGGiBs

Mapfact's awesome 3DE was built for an entirely different purpose. My tool is meant for use in a Mission Scenarios like "Defend your base". (hence the Money dependency).

Great work Mondkalb and its nicely working :)

btw in VBS2 had similar thing to create for example the road block or military checkpoint etc

Edited by RobertHammer

Bloody Brilliant!

Look forward to seeing this incorporated into some Warfare or CTI, or ...absolutely anything, could spend hours faffing about with this alone.

eehm..Sorry guys,but i m n00b.

So this (awesome) project will be able to "create" custom stuff,with existing

"parts" from "vanilla" ArmA2 "model-parts".

What about after the "custom" stuff creation?

I 'll be able just to save "my custom stuff" and run it through ArmA2 "vanilla"?-

so no MBG (or other addon) dependancy?? oO

Awesome!! :D

Will you be able to save/load what you build?

Is it multiplayer friendly?

Cant wait :)

Cool idea! Maybe include a "fence builder" thats works on different terrain levels/gradient too eg proper auto-align feature? :)

I 'll be able just to save "my custom stuff" and run it through ArmA2 "vanilla"?-

so no MBG (or other addon) dependancy?? oO

Yes. You can use this with ArmA2 or OA alone. Just without the fancy wall segments delivered by my addon.

Will i be able to save my creation

Just go to the ESC-Menu and hit "Save". It is really that simple. :P

Is it multiplayer friendly?

Yes! So far it is using pooled money. So all west builders will share one account. East-Builders have a different account, of course. Just for the eventuality of a PvP Construction. ;)

There are no plans to make personal accounts. Teamplay is more fun. Sadly, this will rule out public gaming with this addon. But who plays public anyways... :rolleyes:

So far I still need to do the following:

• Fix some minor flaws with snap to and rotation
  • Make variable turn and move intervals (currently its fixed to 0.5m and 5 or 22.5Degrees
  • Fiddle around with JIP
  • Find a proper solution how to release this (As an addon- based plugin or as a script-suite with optional construction content in an Addon)
  • Add the almighty and necessary CTRL+Z function
  • Add more items to the menu
  • Add some creative use for the ACME Menu

A release next weekend is likely but not definite, as I still have - as usual -other projects going on.

I finished the Settings-Menu. Now you can adjust all the necessary values to make building even more comfortable.

settingsmenu.th.jpg

If you have Ideas/suggestions on what else to add to the settings-menu, let me know!