Sign in to follow this  
EricM

PMC Deception

I see everyone seem to have gone on to "Termination". But Anyone else tried the other route as well ?

I tried both.

It's interesting. You can even choose a third alternative, sort of...

Edited by EricM

Yup, I've tried it. Strange so many people went with killing Reynolds, there was no doubt in my mind that what he was telling me in the cutscene was what we wanted to avoid. :p

Yes, Reynolds is obviously a prick, but when you think of it, isn't this for a "greater good"... World peace.

On the other hand, refuse or fail to terminate the UN and he will send troops to get rid of you, which makes you think, that you should really kill him anyway...which I did in termination, but I'm going to try again in deception

I have completed "Termination" and "Deception," while fooled around with "Deception" for a bit, finding there could be two possible ways to end this mission. Does anyone think there could be a third way to end "Deception?" Since:

When Reynolds sends a can of whoopass after you for failing to destroy the UN convoy, is there really a way to survive through that, or are those odds purposely designed in this mission to be so overwhelming to ensure your death? After some deaths and reloads, I managed to destroy the "cleanup team" by shooting down the chopper, shot down the Apache, then knocked out the M1A2 Abrams with the IED placed at "chokepoint", dispatching crew with MG,...phew...after all that, came two APC's, and by then I got nothing left to deal with that, and finally gave up. Is there really a way to survive Reynolds' hit squad, or are you supposed to just die fighting?

Edited by DillonAero

I didn't go as far as you did in my Last Stand :

I didn't go as far as you did in my Last Stand (I only got rid of the first team in ka60 - helicopter included) but maybe if you manage to kill reynolds it'll all end?

Hmm...I also got curious as to whether there's a third ending, so with a little help I managed to shoot down the PMC helo and apache, destroyed the M1A1 and three APCs but didn't get to save Asano. And then nothing happened.

So since the SUV was intact I drove to the Villa and killed every one of those PMCs and still nothing happened. I conclude that this is not how the mission was designed for :p You're destined to die!

Ok, so the bad ending to PMC is canon according to the Armaverse Timeline, but this makes Brian Frost such a jerk. He was a good guy in BAF, but then sides with Reynolds and kills off Dixon and the UN inspectors? Why did BIS chose to go with this ending? It seems terribly cynical and pessimistic to me. I suppose it does explain why Frost is such a prick in TOH.

Strange so many people went with killing Reynolds, there was no doubt in my mind that what he was telling me in the cutscene was what we wanted to avoid.

China isn't getting away with sh*t on mah watch. :happyagentSmith:

Yeah, Reynolds rant seems a little crazy and he is clearly the bad guy by this mission. I guess I'm just not a fan of BIS' decision to have you murder innocents as the official way to go. At least it is a bold and unusual direction for the series. On another note, did we ever learn why the other PMC group, Talon, attacks ION?

Yup, I've tried it. Strange so many people went with killing Reynolds, there was no doubt in my mind that what he was telling me in the cutscene was what we wanted to avoid. :p

BIS went out of their way to make Reynolds look like a bad guy. He is dressed entirely in black. He has black eyes. He has a scar down his face. The trailer was pretty focused on making him seem malevolent.

Call me crazy, but when he started ranting about how knowledge of Takistan's nuclear program would end the world, I was a little reluctant to just take his word for it.

EDIT: just realised this thread was dug up. Oh well.