Sign in to follow this  
Insthink

Suggestion - transportation of ammo

This is mostly for multiplayer, but can work also for single player.

Often I would go in ambush along the roads most used by enemy vehicles, but to destroy a vehicle, it takes a rocket launcher.

Currently, the maximum you can carry is 4 LAWs with 1 extra magazine or 1 rocket of any other kind and 3 extra magazines.

This makes it enought only to destroy 1 heavy armor vehicle with the 4 LAWs only, or 4 light vehicles if you took the LAWs.

Most of the time, the Strella or AT4 wont do it against a heavy armor tank.

Then what? You are there, far away from your base. Even if you brought a jeep and hid it, it still takes a lot of time to get some ammo and come back. You could bring a heavy ammo truck, but those things are slow, clumsy and not easy to hide.

Here is what I would really love to see. The capability to load light vehicles like Jeeps, HMMVs or any other vehicles used for transportation only to be able to carry a certain ammount of ammunition. It would work like a tank or chopper rearms. You drive to an ammo box and from the car you chose what you want to put inside.

Then you can go out there in the wild, ambushing the enemy with somewhat a closer, limited, supply of ammo. This could also help a lot in team playing as people would rather hang around the jeeps so more players would use them instead of the usual Chopper Crash Respawn thing.

Think about it, its realistic as a car can actualy carry stuff, it gives a bit more of a use to those light transportation units and the need to preserve them and makes it more fun to actualy ambush other than camp a base with ammo crates.

It would give a whole new meaning to mechanized squadrons, they will actualy have grunts with them that can keep up with the action!

pick a vehicle and i can what ever you want to it(ammo and guns)

just addweaponcargo to it or i'm sure someone has a ammo transport script to download

I think it would be cool if you could airdrop ammo crates via parachute from choppers and planes just like in real life. I'm sure that a script could be written for this somehow.

Yeah I think I post the same thing back in July I guess it would be to hard to do what I asked. I said it would be cool if you could make a ammo box you could carry with two guys. I add it to trucks now but I dont know how to add it to a smaller unit like a jeep. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Insthink @ May 14 2002,20:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here is what I would really love to see.  The capability to load light vehicles like Jeeps, HMMVs or any other vehicles used for transportation only to be able to carry a certain ammount of ammunition.  It would work like a tank or chopper rearms.  You drive to an ammo box and from the car you chose what you want to put inside.<span id='postcolor'>

That is indeed a really good idea. That would be really useful for long excursions away from the base where you would need to re-arm without having to call support or go ALL THE WAY back to base just for some ammo.

man, I just want them to change the inventory into a web-gear type format, where you can just fill that sucker up as much as you can, but it effects your endurance depending on how much you have. And I also miss the soldiers flashlights from the demo. Anyone else remember that? smile.gif

there's some cargo rope template at ofpec that you can modify to make choppers drop ammo boxes

Smoking Cloud did a set of Hummers that carry ammo and weapons for several antitank and anti air rockets. West only but Redo a rusian BRDM with an adapted version of the same config.cpp problem solved better still ask Smoking Cloud.

As a tepm fix for multi give both sides hummers

You can get his addon at

http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/addon_depot/view_type.asp?type=1

do an on page search in internet explorer:--- Edit menue select Find [On this page]---

For:- SMC HMMWV Pack

OR

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.p....53.news

Please Note!

***Requires "SMC LAUNCHERPACK"***

Get that from

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.p....46.news

OR

http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/addon_depot/view_type.asp?type=2

do an on page search in internet explorer:--- Edit menue select Find [On this page]---

For:- SMC Launcherpack

Please Note!

***Requires "the XMS addon from BIS"*** If you have red hammer I think you allready have this?

Guess that about covers it.

Regards Walker

Wasn't there in one of those interviews about Resistance a statement, that something like dropping weapons into cars would be a new feature?!

Ooooh! I missed that one where? Please let it be so.

damn, i hope it wont be for resistance only but for OFP original MP also =D

Yeah im buying resistance, but not every server will run it

Guest Titanium

to the mappers, im pretty damn sure he doesnt mean that he wants to ad things when hes making a map. Its hwen you are in a game. So that you could carry weapons to a vehicle, load it up, and be on your way. I think this would be great to ad to OFP.

In DDAM (Danbat Danish Army Mod) Frandsen (the creator of DDAM) did a rather nice job regarding this problem. The Danish Army also operates Carl Gustav, and the here CG Gunner always have a helper which carries more rounds and helps him aim the CG. In DDAM this is emulated by making another charactertype name - a CG Helper - when the gunner is close to the helper he can take rounds for the CG using a new menupoint "take CG from helper". I think the helper carries 6 rounds which is around what the 2 of them together would carry IRL - fair since the gunner can only take 1 round. You can find it at www.operation-flashpoint.dk