sweguy96

User mission requests!

What kind of mission genre do you like best?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of mission genre do you like best?

• Stealthy SpecOp missions
    • Assault missions where an army gorup attacks an objective
    • Pilot missions
    • Vehicle crew missions
    • Counter insurgency missions
    • Others

This thread is like the AddOn request thread, the only difference is that you can request a mission here, and maybe one day, you will get the mission you want.

DO NOT POST ANY EDITING STUFF HERE, THAT STUFF BELONGS TO THE ArmA 2 & OA - MISSION EDITING & SCRIPTING SECTION!! If you do that Mr.Moderator is not going to be happy!! ALSO: Do not show any mission progress! Also DO NOT Request addons/mods here.

You can also ask if there is "this stealth mission that the objective is 12345" ect. ;)

Edited by sweguy96

any more sniper missions that were as well designed as operation cold bore? but actually worked?

any more sniper missions that were as well designed as operation cold bore? but actually worked?

I've recently finished my studying so I'm currently in the process of updating all my missions (as well as releasing some new ones) and operation cold bore will be done as well. Also I may be adding a non-ACE version as well so look out for the soon ETA within the next 2 weeks.

BTW the mission worked perfectly on it release, It was an update for either ACE or OA that broke the mission ;)

I'm all for some good BlackOps infiltration and demolition missions. As well as any long sniper missions. One thing I would definitely like to see are more OFP missions converted for ArmA2.

Dead by Dawn and Suicidal Samurai by Toadlife were some of my old favs. http://ofp.toadlife.net/downloads/missions/

It could be difficult to convert missions that took place on Malden, since it hasn't been brought over yet. SAP Everon can be used for anything that took place on the old Everon. OFP Worlds from the ArmA1 A.C.E. Islands Pack has all of the OFP islands on 1 big map and it works in ArmA2.

Good OFP Missions:

A Special Mission

By the Ocean

Deadly Shadows

Operation Black Thorn

Operation Firelord

Operation Firestorm

Operation Thunderstorm

Spetz Natz Special

Training Day

Honestly, I'd like to see anything by Teifiterror, Toadlife or QAD. There's like dozens of old OFP missions that could be given new life in ArmA2.

thanks vicarious for the update, i really enjoyed playing that mission, had no idea the ace update broke it...

and yes, currently i am working on a sniper campaign based around a fictional team that trys to somewhat follow the events of operation harvest except without the insurgents on Utes.

so far i have 3 or so missions made, and 7 more to go, so hang on guys this one should be interesting ;)

I'm all for some good BlackOps infiltration and demolition missions. As well as any long sniper missions. One thing I would definitely like to see are more OFP missions converted for ArmA2.

Dead by Dawn and Suicidal Samurai by Toadlife were some of my old favs. http://ofp.toadlife.net/downloads/missions/

I just played Suicidal Samurai last night. Or better I tried it but they took me down real quick. :cool:

That mission is pretty basic, no fancy scriptings and stuff. No big problem to port it on any terrain, just finding a suitable location is what takes time.

Dead by Dawn is a bit more complicated if the arty script should be kept. But also no big thing to port it, just needs a terrain with an airfield.

The others must be checked, Operation Firelord might be tricky.

Suicidal Samurai v1.0

Should run with ArmA2 only, if not let me know and I fix it.

Please see the included readme.

Thanks to:

- toadlife for the original scenario.

- Shuko for his Taskmaster script.

- Benny, Kronzky and Norrin for assistance with scripting and their own scripts I'm using.

- Armaholic.com and dev-heaven.net for providing me first class hosting.

Good luck!

:yay:

I'd like to see a huge community created campaign. One where a central story is voted on and once decided on it is roughly mapped into parts/chapters.

and then mission makers from the community each create a mission that bring to life a part/chapter of the story. they then mark their territory as being a certain part of the story but are otherwise allowed freedom within the context of the story/characters/settings. Other than ensuring adherence to the story, no one else would be able to tell the map makers what to do as the map makers name will be honoured as the autjor of that chapter.

Each mission would feel fresh but still part of a story.

only restriction I'd think, to ensure maximum take-up and impartiality, that no user made mods be required to play.

bit of a pipe dream - but i remember long ago there was a huge campaign for ofp that had tons of missions, some of which were not so good but even more were really good and it was a blast to play.

I'd like to see a huge community created campaign. One where a central story is voted on and once decided on it is roughly mapped into parts/chapters.

and then mission makers from the community each create a mission that bring to life a part/chapter of the story. they then mark their territory as being a certain part of the story but are otherwise allowed freedom within the context of the story/characters/settings. Other than ensuring adherence to the story, no one else would be able to tell the map makers what to do as the map makers name will be honoured as the autjor of that chapter.

only restriction I'd think, to ensure maximum take-up and impartiality, that no user made mods be required to play.

bit of a pipe dream - but i remember long ago there was a huge campaign for ofp that had tons of missions, some of which were not so good but even more were really good and it was a blast to play.

I approve of this idea.

Here is Operation Thunderstorm, playable with up to 4 human players.

Please give it a try and report anything that doesn't work, or seem not to work.

Hi

Allready done 2 years ago :) let's have a look at WAR CONTEXT 0.417

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10349&highlight=WARCONTEXT

More informations about warcontext missions:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=98553

Lot of Missions builded by several developpers and loaded during the map as one mission + TVT + liberate island concept ;)

Edited by code34

Hi all I have what I think to be a very very cool mission concept and would like to hear from others so here goes.

Its a little like STALKER but MP :)

The mission will be set on one of the larger maps.

The idea is that you have maximum players arma2/oa supports in MP.

there is a random spawn for all players but normally in groups of 4 around the map.

you all start with the same equipment and must basically survive.

Yes I know that there may be long periods of time that you may not see any one but that's the point the land is barren and you must scavenge to survive and the other teams of 4 will be doing the same or they may choose to team up with others or even a member of your team betrays you and leaves you group to go solo.

So for example you could be in a team with mates walking around looking for fuel for a car you have found that is empty (may need some thing like the ACE2 jerry can for this).

Then all of a sudden you see a small fire in a where house and choose to investigate.

You sneak up on to building and look inside and see another team of 4 that are waiting the night out but you see one of them has a weapon you like and may all so have food.

You decide to attack and steal there stuff.

Of course the other team will re spawn randomly but not near any other players and the only thing they have is what they started the game with before and if any stashes they have stahed weapons and other items in.

I am not a very good story teller etc and of course this will need to be fine tuned but the idea of playing this game for days on end surviving with only other players trying to do same thing is great I think.

Of course I will need scripts to enable the need for eating etc.

so what ya think?.

P.S

I want this mission/concept so bad I may TRY to have a go myself but I have no idea on mission making nor scripts for things like the jerry cans and the need for food :(.

Edited by stk2008

^ Would be great. It'll be like scavenging with PvP in a post-apocalyptic world.. Maybe bar-off some parts of the map (Like a road or a couple of towns) with "radiation".

that would be a good idea and if possible we could have it so that you could get a rare suite that allows you to go into that area and maybe only have two in the whole map that way only two people could ever go in there unless of course they sell,loose it etc.

Is there anything out there like Warfare BE but single player? Ive been playing it on LAN but the AI doesnt build anything they just walk everywhere even if I tell them to build tanks, helis ect. Are there any good SP warfare/sandbox missions similar to warfare BE? You know..start up build a base build some tanks.. build some heli's ..have a few companies of AI that sort of thing.

Edited by KingPwnChow

Ok I have been looking into this a little more and here is a few ideas.

The map should be on Takistan because of the open buildings it would provide much more tactical and hide out advantages (suggested by Grunt).

Max players should be 12 groups of 5 that is 60 in total.

Spawn points are random.

Food and Water would be nice to implement because after all it is a survial and scavenge mission (the need for food and Water will need to be determined to give best game play).

Ammo and weapons are hard to find (would create much more careful playing).

The aim of the game is to actually become the highest ranked team/Person ( a little like the stalker rank system but show team and individual player scores).

Time is set to real.

Mission starts early morning when light to help players get NV.

There should be guns with torches.

Fuel cans would be nice to have that way it would force players to preserve what fuel they have and all so adds another high priced trading item.

Please feel free to add as you wish or criticise ANY of this.

Thanks

I don't think it's been requested (I apologize if it has) but having just witnessed the beauty of Lingor, I think a single player campaign for that island would be awesome. Even some more multiplayer missions would be great too (aside from Evolution, which has been done already).

I'd like some true guerilla warfare, Afghanistan-style.

No overrunning U.S. bases or wiping out patrols with frontal assault, but hit-and-run sniping or just plain harassment, where the objective is to cause a casualty or two, knock out a vehicle, but the focus is on staying alive.

To accomplish this, the Americans would throw everything they had at you. Try to take shots from a ridgeline when every shot draws mortar fire down all over the place, and Apaches are droning on overhead. Or stalk a patrol as they walk through the green zone, then hide when the A-10s show up.