Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Receiving Data Stuck in multiplayer

Private First Class
    Author of the Thread
    Vanilla addons are part of ACE? i had ace once but i uninstalled arma and deleted the ace package. I then reinstalled arma 2 and OA and i dont have ACE any more.

Also i dont know why CAA is mentioned in the arma 2 RPT file, i used to have it but i deleted it during an uninstall. I have no addons at all.

Battleye was always installed
    Last edited by weewaa; Dec 6 2010 at 19:55.

For "vanilla" we mean standard installation addons not 3rd party.
    Your RPT doesn't report CAA but CAAir or CAAnimals or CAA10 that are standar ArmA files
    OK, you have not any extra addon. did you try to join servers with the same configuration? Is your game patched to the same patch that the server?
    Did you tried to host the game?

From what Im seeing theres a mission your playing that is giving you this error:

Warning Message: Script Common\Common_InitUnit.sqf not found
    thats a script that is supposed to be in the folder of the mission your playing.

What mission are you trying to play that prevents you from playing?

Vanilla addons are part of ACE?
    There may be stock addons in ace, but its the other way around, if you had a mission the needed ACE then your rpt
    would give you an error like i posted below, saying your missing ace this ace that.

Also i dont know why CAA is mentioned in the arma 2 RPT file
    There is no Caa in the rpt, I think your looking at the begining of this file and thinking its Caa which really CAAir2_C130J but seperate it and you have
    CA Air2_C130J.
    if you were missing caa1 then it would comeup as an error message saying "you cannot edit or play this mission
    as it is depedant on downlaodble content that has been deleted"

so what missions are you trying to play?

also I would submit your crash dumps:
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110823
    WarMod Series - A Massive Addon & Mod Customizable Compilation mod for Arma1, Arma2,CO & in the near future Arma3. Website
    Mission Repository - Hosting Missions & Files for Iron Front: Liberation 1944
    WW2Epic - A Compilation Archive of Photos, Music, Videos, & References of WW2

Private First Class
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Günter Severloh View Post
    What mission are you trying to play that prevents you from playing?
    That Error comes up when i try and play warfare or evo or domination, it comes up now and again. I will send my error files to that fella, thx for letting me know.

I have hosted the games sucessfully and my game is up to date, i try not to join servers with addons required :P

Private First Class
    Author of the Thread
    Good news the multi player now works Thanks for the info provided by u fella's and also thanks to Dwarden and Bi for doing what ever they did, I am guessing it was them becasue i sent the error reports to Dwarden, as suggested by Günter Severloh 2 days ago and now its working fine. Yipeee :P

Excellent!
    Back to the game for you!

Private First Class
    Author of the Thread
    Bad news the receiving bug stuck thing is back again But i id find out that even though i have this problem i can still play on the 80 player DAO hold server.

Maybe my IP has been blacklisted and has been passed around to all other servers except DAO, can that happen? Not that i deserve to be blacklisted i don't cheat and i don't fight with anyone.

I too am getting the problem now. I have been playing the game fine for days (Just got new comp), and have had no issues. Then this morning I went on to play for a bit, and I am unable to join any servers. Some servers do not load the squad selection scree, they just sit there with all the options grayed out, while other servers will allow me to choose my class, and then I get hung up in Receiving Data. (I let it sit for almost 20 minutes, to no avail)

I have tried everything on this forum and others, and nothing has worked. I have been playing this game for months, and love it, and now I am unable to play at all. I understand that this is a known issue and that there is no fix for it, but please, I am up for almost anything at this point...

Private First Class
    Author of the Thread
    The recent patch remedied the situation for me Hope it it helped you 2 jak

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12