Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Warfare BE: ACE Edition

I am having one outstanding issue with the mission, which is that join in progress takes a REALLY long time after the game has been going a while. You'll spawn with a default loadout and no Options menu, then a minute later you will teleport to the right place, get your Options menu, and your loadout.

The game still seems to work, but it looks like it's not working for about the first 1-2 minutes after you join.

Staff Sergeant
    Is the server strong enough? Sometimes that happens when the server has a lot to work on.
    But this delay is actually good, you can't play untill all data is sent to the client. In another mission a clanmate put a delay ( on purpose ) where you can't take any actions until all scripts and data have been sent to your client.

Ive been experiencing this on my own dedicated server since the release of 1.55.

Ive seen it in all versions of BE -- in fact the Sahrani version never loads correctly at all anymore.

From what Ive seen it appears CBA and how it initializes with the new OA version is central to the problem.

I had this issue without ACE (my standard config used GL4 and Zeus) before ACE BE came out.

The bottom line is that wihtout CBA, the init appears to take place normally, and the long (or infinite) delay in JIP init goes away.

As the OP said, it has nothing to do wiht the initial loading of the mission, as you are already standing there in-game, waiting to get the normal initial loadout for BE, you have no options menu, you respawn immediately, and in some cases you get kicked back out of the mission.

Ive asked Benny about this issue in the BE warfare thread, but have gotten no response.

If the server is yours and you can 'play' with it, try JIPing with and without CBA, after the mission has been running a couple hours. Youll probably see that with CBA the init problem is there, without it the issue is not there.

Of course youd have to do this on a standard (non-ace) version of BE.

seems i've got the same problem here, although with crCTI.

Please try if the latest available version of CBA, and this server-side fix solves the problem; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15622
    Otherwise please provide rpt of server and client, as well as mission and details at http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/issues
    also useful is at what version of CBA you noticed the issue with, how long ago etc.

Thanks for the post Sickboy. Am I understanding you correctly that I can patch the server and all will be well, without having to require clients to update?

I am currently testing a b4 revision of my mission where I cleaned up the code a lot. There were a couple areas where there could have been some variable corruption and I think I caught them all. It still takes a long time to join, but I have never seen the infinite loading like I did in b2 and before. Also, I tightened up the code that displays the "Loading..." screen so the screen actually stays blank and says "Loading..." until all the server data is transferred and the client is ready to go (so you never see a state where you have the wrong weapon and no Options menu). I also changed the message to "Loading (may take several minutes)..."

I will post this new version after a little more testing.

And now, a plea!
    I'd love to get into some ACE Warfare games with folks, but not many people are joining our server! Again if you're having troubles joining let me know. But nowadays I am forced to play non-ACE Warfare and say "rabble, rabble" to myself when I am annoyed by the absence of the ACE awesomeness.

Replied to. I did actually see a server up running this mission...I got on and chatted to the owner (or the owner's friend maybe?) and the server is hosted in France. I had about a 170-something ping to it, but I would still play that. Maybe we'll see you there...if you stay up really, really late

I was very excited to try this out! Unfortunately, something goes wrong! When I try to run the cmd I get this:

What am I doing wrong here?

I ran it in cmd so I could show whats going wrong. When I double click it in windows it just pops up disappears and does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehunk View Post
    Replied to. I did actually see a server up running this mission...I got on and chatted to the owner (or the owner's friend maybe?) and the server is hosted in France. I had about a 170-something ping to it, but I would still play that. Maybe we'll see you there...if you stay up really, really late
    I think thats mine. Hosting a server in France running this map 100%. Its up 24/7.

Twisted Few ACE warfare 32slot
    Connection Info: 188.165.226.173:2302

Hosted on badass hardware and 96MBps up/down, so if your in EU region you should stay below 50ping.
    Last edited by Zaajko; Dec 6 2010 at 21:19.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast