Sign in to follow this  
slay0rwr4th

PMC04... argh (Possible Spoiler alert)

Woops, actually its PMC04!

I have one complaint about this mission, path-finding in the vehicles.... is horrid to say the least.

So far I blew up a car on the road, which the AI ran into and wouldn't drive around, it finally got to a point where the car was enough out of the way for us to continue. later in a town with a 90 degree turn, AI turned early... into a building, then preceeded to reverse and do it over and over again, eventually he shifted far enough to drive past it, then into a few fences, another building, and so on until clear of everything.

Edited by slay0rwr4th

I played that mission too,my A.I kept driving into hills for no reason and then finally after a long while goes back onto the main road. =/.

What level is it when you have to get rid of the road blocks and snipers around the mosque, because thats the one Im on and Ive done it twice but my convoy never moves!

Is it a case of just keep trying, I say this because on the level where you have to get rid of the angry civies I used smoke first of all that scared them away but it did not triger my team mate to say well done so spent at least 15 mins running around thinking what the hell have I got to do!

The Convoy never moves at all for me too,what i did was just continue moving alone finding random snipers,barricades and stuff and voila mission completed.

sorry about replying late, i'm not sure which mosque one you are talking about? I think the... 5th or 6th mission might be the one but I don't remember the convoy moving at all, you finish the mission once the area is properly clear.

Another weird issue with PMC04 is as fluffy mentioned, sometimes the other cars in the convoy just stop moving, I think I got to the end of the mission when I completed it and I was on my own. it still let me pass though so all good on that front. - I think they drive up hills etc as an evasive maneuver if you get to close to the action.

Yes agree! my vehicle damaged itself badly by traversing a building (crashing and scrapping along every wall) also when firing the AI keeps driving and changing directions making aiming very difficult, still completed the mission and I'd expect the driver ran home to mummy after all the verbal abuse I hurled at him :-)

David

Am I right in assuming that the PMC campaign still does have some scripting errors?

Am I right in assuming that the PMC campaign still does have some scripting errors?

Yes you are right.

+1 here for pathfinding problems.

I locked up entirely

trying to use the UAV.

:(

I tried to use the UAV, when i did that my vehicle stopped, making the vehicle behind us run straight into us and flipping our vehicle over.

Reverting.... :p

Yes i agree the Pathfinding for vehicles in ARMA is AND has always been VERY stupid. I would Suggest to BIS that they START looking and fixing the RETARDED AI pathinfinding in the game. It ruins a good mission!

Personnally i DONT understand WHY this is such a big deal. Id love a BIS person to answer on this problem..

Regards

Mike