Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Got game crash? Do this

if you get game crash (usually so called silent Crash To Desktop or with some error msg)

try locate the files arma2oa.mdmp and arma2oa.bidmp

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files#ARMA_2_OA

together is also located arma2oa.rpt file

(this log file from same moment of crash is very important for complete analysis)

compress them (ideally with 7-zip but zip or rar do it too)

and send to my nickname on this forum @bistudio.com email

use subject: [Crash] sometext

*inlcuding brackers

you may add some commentary about what you done / where it happened

but it's not needed ...

note:

another option is USE CIT and create bug report ticket and upload the files there as part of the report

read more here : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102991

^^^ so there are at minimum 2 ways how report crashes ! do not hoard the dumps!

Edited by Dwarden

Well it's not a crash but if somehow CO or ArmA 2 goes to desktop or seems to have frozen, you need to press Esc then press alt-Enter to minimize the game and alt-Enter back into full screen. That should solve the problem. There's no need to close the program at all.

It may help if you go to your document folder and change your ArmA 2 profile so that the refresh rate is set to match your monitor refresh rate. By default they are set to 75Hz.

Hope this helps someone

I have this problem all the time! Thanks Michael!

Well it's not a crash but if somehow CO or ArmA 2 goes to desktop or seems to have frozen, you need to press Esc then press alt-Enter to minimize the game and alt-Enter back into full screen. That should solve the problem. There's no need to close the program at all.

It may help if you go to your document folder and change your ArmA 2 profile so that the refresh rate is set to match your monitor refresh rate. By default they are set to 75Hz.

Hope this helps someone

Fully updated and have both Arma 2 and OA installed downloaded as combo from steam

system is a Dell XPS1730 9500 cpu and 9800m GTX Sli using 266.58 official Nvidia drivers, OA runs no problems but arma 2 crashes - screen freezes and sound continues, have to cntrl alt del and use task manager to shut down game

significant error is as follows from ARMA2.rpt file

Version 1.08.74450

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_2 not found

String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_ACCEPTED not found

String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_NOT_ACCEPTED not found

String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_TIMEOUT not found

String STR_SOM_Transport_DEBRIEFING_END1 not found

String STR_SOM_Transport_DEBRIEFING_END2 not found

any ideas what I can do to fix this ?????

same here my OA works fine but not arma 2 and i have arma 2 fully updated and i wanted to do the boot camp and on the first mission it just suddenly crashed to desktop

the other day during same mission while i was changing the view distance it froze aswell

i have the same problem with it going back to desktop but none of the suggestions seemed to work... It is just completely unresponsive and i have to shut down the arma 2 CO process via task manager in windows 7 i never had this problem in XP... In XP a would-be CTD would result in an error message appearing and the game closing.

and when i check the RPT file to see why the game stopped responding... nothing is showing in there as to what may be the cause.

Also, I seem to get graphical artifacts of white lines in the game too on any resolution and settings... Dunno why. Also i am running the beta patches too

@ Dwarden

So if i send you these three (bidmp, mdmp, rpt) files and along with the save could you guys repair the save or just analyze ?

I sometimes get a total complete freeze and can't get out with Task Manager, so I have to switch off the power and reboot.

It doesn't happen very often and I can live with it but it's still annoying. Any advice?

Hope this helps someone

have this exact problem. A lot more often since last patch. Its making the game unplayable for me because when I use this solution, it changes my resolution to 1600x1024 instead of 1680x1050 and I cant change it anymore at all after that.

have this exact problem. A lot more often since last patch. Its making the game unplayable for me because when I use this solution, it changes my resolution to 1600x1024 instead of 1680x1050 and I cant change it anymore at all after that.

try please beta 79600 if the problem still exist

Hasnt happened since I installed that beta patch. Very nice!

Now just fix the steering bug on empty vehicles and and I am a VERY happy panda. :)

if you get game crash (usually so called silent Crash To Desktop or with some error msg)

try locate the files arma2oa.mdmp and arma2oa.bidmp

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files#ARMA_2_OA

together is also located arma2oa.rpt file

(this log file from same moment of crash is very important for complete analysis)

compress them (ideally with 7-zip but zip or rar do it too)

and send to my nickname on this forum @bistudio.com email

use subject: [Crash] sometext

*inlcuding brackers

you may add some commentary about what you done / where it happened

but it's not needed ...

note:

another option is USE CIT and create bug report ticket and upload the files there as part of the report

read more here : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102991

I've done a search for these 3 files on my pc without finding them. I'm not sure if they've been created or not.

Alright, I researched a bit and it seems its actually a problem with Nvidia cards (260 through 580). I fixed it completely by manually increasing my fan speed of the graphics card to at least 60% every time before I start ArmA 2. Now I can even play 12 hours straight without ever having to restart ArmA.

Its still funny that this problem only happens in ArmA 2.

Edited by Muscular Beaver

The crash to desktop may be your graphics card driver failing and it may / may not restart properly afterwards so you might have to completely restart your computer for it to reset.

This happened to me for a while with a GTX 285 until i realised my GPU overclock was too high and shortly after the game started running in game in full 3D mode the driver would fail and I would be stuck in the desktop without control until I pressed escape and windowed etc so I have since stopped overclocking and I don't get this problem anymore (my card was underclocked at manufacture as its the 2GB version).

I have a custom cooler that runs at 100% and the GPU temp rarely goes over 50C so heat is not the issue for me.

I think the fermi based Nvidia GPU driver resets properly after failing, without the need for a full reboot, but earlier series GPU (200's and earlier) doesn't even though it says it does in an error message near the clock in desktop.

Guaranteed way to tell whether your your card is working properly or not is to monitor the hardware frequencies on GPU monitoring software like MSI afterburner or everest. Arma 2 is the stability benchmark I use for overclocking. It'll BSOD in no time if the OC settings are very bad or just crash if they are a little way out. Then I bust out BC2 and take things from there.

Edited by eddie247

After I installed Version 1.59 the game crashed at the main menu screen. Anyone know why this would happen.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: arma2OA.exe

Application Version: 1.59.79.384

Application Timestamp: 4d8cde6f

Fault Module Name: arma2OA.exe

Fault Module Version: 1.59.79.384

Fault Module Timestamp: 4d8cde6f

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0051241a

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 214b

Additional Information 2: 4f0631d49c200cdff384dc40f7c41766

Additional Information 3: 2056

Additional Information 4: a0352404e034ab8dc1308fcc3bae9a8c

Out of memory errors with CTD. Dump file sent to Dwarden. We use the same beta build on server and clients. The server runs stable for hours, we have ATI 5850 and GTX260 cards crashing on clients however. Same story since 3 or 4 beta builds btw, never happened on the last stable release.

VictorFarbau

Hi all I have a ctd Out of memory footprint to small that has just started to happen I will start from the beginning

I was on vista with q6600 Intel Asus Maximus Formula 2 4gb ram sd hard drive only vista and arma2 and OA baf pmc installed. No overlocking has been done

I am running on a ati hd 5770 I have spent four months building a map and all has been good when I have tested on server and my machine no ctds at all

I am on patch 159 oa and beta as well latest as I always use betas

I bought a new gfx card Ati hd 6970 2gb ram when i first Installed the card updated drivers and went to test arma2 to see the difference and when i loaded my map in editor I now constantly get a ctd as above my son has my old card and doesnt ctd on this map.

So I thought that maybe the game and vista needed a fresh install so I went and upgraded to 7 64 bit loaded all drivers and Arma2 and OA and Dl's so thought now its fresh all would be good but I still get the same CTD as before.

Has any 1 had the same as its destroying my game and stopping me carrying on the Sangin map its not only happening on my map but when im in a mission with my clan it's also now takistan and cheranus that ctd aswell.

I have tried view distance changes and all gfx settings maxed and min and it still CTD's

I have looked in the oa rpt and see nothing.

I have seen this error before in visitor 3 when I 1st started making maps i put clutter on the map too much and then got this same error so deleted the models and it stopped but in my latest map only clutter is generated by the config for what texture is named so I know it's not that please if any 1 has any advice on the matter Thanks SmokeDog

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

Sent Dwarded RPT and crash file.

Just started getting a crash, game crashes with and without my mod, tested in vanilla Arma2CO and game crashes.

When i go to mp after loading up the game, i create a new host, put my info, in and then it crashes my game and i get this message:

ErrorMessage: File description.ext, line 11: /Heade/: Missing '}'

only the arma2oa.bidmp was created

this problem just started happening, i thought it was specific to a mp mission i had installed, but I had emptied my hole mpmissions folder under the

users missions section to do a test and i still get a crash with the same error message, message never changes no matter what I do, this never happens,

i never had problems with hosting a game, now I cant host a game and build mpmissions NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This crap actually started when installed the

terrorist hunt mission

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14226

to my usermpmissions folder to try out the missions, next thing you know my mp game crashes, I never got past the info for host info,

game crashed as soon as I hit ok, and said recieveing then boom game crashes with same error.

so i looked at the mission, i figured it had to be a description.ext error, and according to what the error message read, it was missing a bracket by the header.

Now something seriously wrong.

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Just tested Arma2 now to try to host a mission and i got the same thing! WTF!

Rpt from arma2:

=====================================================================

== E:\Games\Arma2\arma2.exe

== "E:\Games\Arma2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2011/04/10 01:07:30

Current time: 2011/07/04 02:46:46

Version 1.09.78183

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

[134,29.752,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.6"]

[134,29.898,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 0"]

[134,29.927,0,"MISSINIT","intro","utes",false,true,false]

[134,31.161,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[135,33.597,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[135,33.835,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba_a2","cba"],[[[0,7,5,7],-1],[[0,7,5,158],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[135,33.852,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]

ErrorMessage: File description.ext, line 11: /Heade/: Missing '}'

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

After alot of searching I found the problem, problem was indeed a mpmission I built, the line in the description.ext

was spelled wrong, once i removed the pbo of that mission i was able to host again. i was going to update the mission anyways.

I wish the game instead of crashing to the desktop would just crash to the menu of the game, and give the error.

Sorry for the hassle and inconvenience.

Hello, I've got the same problem with the return to the desktop after 5-10 mn of game or sometime I can just go to the menu and when I choose Scenario for example, the game return to my desktop with an error message that arma2OA.exe have a problem and it must be closed. I have win7 32b enterprise, Nvidia GForce 9800 with the latest driver my arma version is 1.59.

Sorry for my bad english ^^

Regards

first post explains what to do, please follow that

also for 1.59 retail there is no point send me crashdumps anymore ...

so wait for 1.60 or send only last public beta versions ..