Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Got game crash? Do this

I sometimes get a total complete freeze and can't get out with Task Manager, so I have to switch off the power and reboot.
    It doesn't happen very often and I can live with it but it's still annoying. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Withstand View Post
    Well it's not a crash but if somehow CO or ArmA 2 goes to desktop or seems to have frozen, you need to press Esc then press alt-Enter to minimize the game and alt-Enter back into full screen. That should solve the problem. There's no need to close the program at all.

It may help if you go to your document folder and change your ArmA 2 profile so that the refresh rate is set to match your monitor refresh rate. By default they are set to 75Hz.

Hope this helps someone
    have this exact problem. A lot more often since last patch. Its making the game unplayable for me because when I use this solution, it changes my resolution to 1600x1024 instead of 1680x1050 and I cant change it anymore at all after that.

3.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #13
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Muscular Beaver View Post
    have this exact problem. A lot more often since last patch. Its making the game unplayable for me because when I use this solution, it changes my resolution to 1600x1024 instead of 1680x1050 and I cant change it anymore at all after that.
    try please beta 79600 if the problem still exist

Hasnt happened since I installed that beta patch. Very nice!

Now just fix the steering bug on empty vehicles and and I am a VERY happy panda.

I cant find these files anywhere D;

PLEASE dwarden look at this
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=118427

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
    if you get game crash (usually so called silent Crash To Desktop or with some error msg)

try locate the files arma2oa.mdmp and arma2oa.bidmp

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/C...iles#ARMA_2_OA

together is also located arma2oa.rpt file
    (this log file from same moment of crash is very important for complete analysis)

compress them (ideally with 7-zip but zip or rar do it too)

and send to my nickname on this forum @bistudio.com email

use subject: [Crash] sometext
    *inlcuding brackers

you may add some commentary about what you done / where it happened
    but it's not needed ...

note:
    another option is USE CIT and create bug report ticket and upload the files there as part of the report

read more here : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102991
    I've done a search for these 3 files on my pc without finding them. I'm not sure if they've been created or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Muscular Beaver View Post
    Alright, I researched a bit and it seems its actually a problem with Nvidia cards (260 through 580). I fixed it completely by manually increasing my fan speed of the graphics card to at least 60% every time before I start ArmA 2. Now I can even play 12 hours straight without ever having to restart ArmA.
    Its still funny that this problem only happens in ArmA 2.
    Last edited by Muscular Beaver; Jun 6 2011 at 10:38.

The crash to desktop may be your graphics card driver failing and it may / may not restart properly afterwards so you might have to completely restart your computer for it to reset.
    This happened to me for a while with a GTX 285 until i realised my GPU overclock was too high and shortly after the game started running in game in full 3D mode the driver would fail and I would be stuck in the desktop without control until I pressed escape and windowed etc so I have since stopped overclocking and I don't get this problem anymore (my card was underclocked at manufacture as its the 2GB version).
    I have a custom cooler that runs at 100% and the GPU temp rarely goes over 50C so heat is not the issue for me.
    I think the fermi based Nvidia GPU driver resets properly after failing, without the need for a full reboot, but earlier series GPU (200's and earlier) doesn't even though it says it does in an error message near the clock in desktop.
    Guaranteed way to tell whether your your card is working properly or not is to monitor the hardware frequencies on GPU monitoring software like MSI afterburner or everest. Arma 2 is the stability benchmark I use for overclocking. It'll BSOD in no time if the OC settings are very bad or just crash if they are a little way out. Then I bust out BC2 and take things from there.
    Last edited by eddie247; Jun 12 2011 at 00:30.

After I installed Version 1.59 the game crashed at the main menu screen. Anyone know why this would happen.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: arma2OA.exe
    Application Version: 1.59.79.384
    Application Timestamp: 4d8cde6f
    Fault Module Name: arma2OA.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.59.79.384
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4d8cde6f
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0051241a
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 214b