Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Got game crash? Do this

1.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #1

Exclamation Got game crash? Do this

if you get game crash (usually so called silent Crash To Desktop or with some error msg)

try locate the files arma2oa.mdmp and arma2oa.bidmp

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/C...iles#ARMA_2_OA

together is also located arma2oa.rpt file
    (this log file from same moment of crash is very important for complete analysis)

compress them (ideally with 7-zip but zip or rar do it too)

and send to my nickname on this forum @bistudio.com email

use subject: [Crash] sometext
    *inlcuding brackers

you may add some commentary about what you done / where it happened
    but it's not needed ...

note:
    another option is USE CIT and create bug report ticket and upload the files there as part of the report

read more here : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102991

^^^ so there are at minimum 2 ways how report crashes ! do not hoard the dumps!

Well it's not a crash but if somehow CO or ArmA 2 goes to desktop or seems to have frozen, you need to press Esc then press alt-Enter to minimize the game and alt-Enter back into full screen. That should solve the problem. There's no need to close the program at all.

It may help if you go to your document folder and change your ArmA 2 profile so that the refresh rate is set to match your monitor refresh rate. By default they are set to 75Hz.

Hope this helps someone

I have this problem all the time! Thanks Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Withstand View Post
    Well it's not a crash but if somehow CO or ArmA 2 goes to desktop or seems to have frozen, you need to press Esc then press alt-Enter to minimize the game and alt-Enter back into full screen. That should solve the problem. There's no need to close the program at all.

It may help if you go to your document folder and change your ArmA 2 profile so that the refresh rate is set to match your monitor refresh rate. By default they are set to 75Hz.

Hope this helps someone
    US ARMY - Opsgear.com - U N I T E D
    Avatars appear more distant than they actually are.

Arma 2 freezing

Fully updated and have both Arma 2 and OA installed downloaded as combo from steam

system is a Dell XPS1730 9500 cpu and 9800m GTX Sli using 266.58 official Nvidia drivers, OA runs no problems but arma 2 crashes - screen freezes and sound continues, have to cntrl alt del and use task manager to shut down game

significant error is as follows from ARMA2.rpt file

Version 1.08.74450
    Item str_disp_server_control listed twice
    Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02
    Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02
    String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_2 not found
    String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_ACCEPTED not found
    String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_NOT_ACCEPTED not found
    String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_TIMEOUT not found
    String STR_SOM_Transport_DEBRIEFING_END1 not found
    String STR_SOM_Transport_DEBRIEFING_END2 not found

any ideas what I can do to fix this ?????

same here my OA works fine but not arma 2 and i have arma 2 fully updated and i wanted to do the boot camp and on the first mission it just suddenly crashed to desktop

the other day during same mission while i was changing the view distance it froze aswell

i have the same problem with it going back to desktop but none of the suggestions seemed to work... It is just completely unresponsive and i have to shut down the arma 2 CO process via task manager in windows 7 i never had this problem in XP... In XP a would-be CTD would result in an error message appearing and the game closing.

and when i check the RPT file to see why the game stopped responding... nothing is showing in there as to what may be the cause.

Also, I seem to get graphical artifacts of white lines in the game too on any resolution and settings... Dunno why. Also i am running the beta patches too

I sent you an email.
    I sent it to:
    Code:
    Dwarden
    Code:
    @bistudio.com

"What is an argument among friends but a waste of usable air."
    Spoiler:

I loves my FIREFOX! Buzz off IE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper Pilot View Post
    I have this problem all the time! Thanks Michael!
    No problem. Glad it helped. Did it?

@ Dwarden

So if i send you these three (bidmp, mdmp, rpt) files and along with the save could you guys repair the save or just analyze ?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast