Sign in to follow this  
TacKLed

What is the premise of Carrier Command?

Is it similar to a sandbox where you explore an island from a carrier and decide what to do by doing a military campaign? What is the premise.

The premise is that you have a ocean planet, named Gaea I believe. This planet is dotted with resource rich islands all over. Due to a war between two so far unknown factions, you are placed in charge of one of two carriers and your ultimate objective is to locate and destroy the enemy carrier. All the while you journey and capture islands for your war effort.

In the original, it was similar to today's real time strategy games. You collect resources to keep your carrier fueled and armed. You capture islands and turn them into support islands or defense islands (strategically arranged). The enemy carrier is doing the same thing. You must capture all the islands (or destroy the enemy carrier which was extremely difficult to intercept) to complete the game which eventually pits you against the islands captured by the enemy while defending your own islands at the same time. What made it special was the ability to pilot the amphibious and air units as well as the carrier...much like Battlezone is played. It was not uncommon to feel like you had to be two places at the same time. A really great game.

I always thought it was "guy-a".

that's the same thing as gaia, I believe.

It is although it's a better way of putting the pronounciation in writing than mine, lol