Sign in to follow this  
charon productions

Crocodile Addon

Okay, since some people expressed to be wanting to discuss this addon, i open this thread, so it can be done here.

2pOZ57O5-Wg

Note: This is also in alpha state!

Some animations dont match the crocodile skeleton!

That means that this doesnt have hundreds of custon animations,

so animations for the OFPskeleton still may get played for certain

action.

Don´t use it outside of the water.

But it works quite nicely

Download : Armaholic

armedassault.info

Edited by Charon Productions

Hi Charon, this looks interesting. Do you happen to have a link for this or did you intend for this thread to be in the Addons & Mods: Discussion section? Either way, it looks like a promising addon.

Thanks.

Interesting idea, anything that adds more wild life especially threatening is great in my book, though this might not be in the right forum.

Interesting idea, anything that adds more wild life especially threatening is great in my book, though this might not be in the right forum.

The addon is out already, download link added to first post.

yeh the effect in deep water is good - shallow water dint work so well.

great addon though :) great for Lingor

You should be thrown around like in RL when you get caught :)

I intended that with the headshake of the croc. Doesnt work though, the prey is attached to a memory point of the crocodiles mouth. It shakes the head before making the kill bite, but the soldier does not move along with it. This is due to "attachto" not being updated with the animation of the attached object. No idea how to sync the headshake with a setvelocity of the soldier, was hoping "attachto" would actually do that.

CSJ's Snakes & Charon's Crocs is all I need for Lingor mission-making and to have a good coop fun ;)

I tried this addon out but somehow the crocodiles seem to sink underneath the ground, and on occasion they will pop up but half of their bodies seem to be cloaked, you can look through them, which renders the crocodile largely invisible.

I tried this addon out but somehow the crocodiles seem to sink underneath the ground, and on occasion they will pop up but half of their bodies seem to be cloaked, you can look through them, which renders the crocodile largely invisible.

Please take not of the first post :

Don´t use it outside of the water.

Its not made to move outside of the water because it cant erect his spine like a human character.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

CSJ's Snakes & Charon's Crocs is all I need for Lingor mission-making and to have a good coop fun ;)

Good to know :)

@J-Guid

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

Hi, I tried adding a "killed" eventhandler to these guys so we could get radio message "Killed by croc" etc.. Unfortunately it won't work for these guys. I see that friendly AI also take some time before they consider it a threat even if squaddie is being mauled -are they changing from neutral to enemy mid-mission?

i'd like to know if its possible to make the croc disengage from an attack b4 it gets too close to land given that it will appear out of water and look dodgy?

Will the Crocs work on a Lingor server?

Where do I find the module in editor?

Thank you.

yes crocs and snakes come with the Lingor download (in PWS) - there is a module virtual crocodile (i think that is what it's called).. probably under Modules or if not there Units > Game Logic

Thanks, I managed to find the module and placed one in the map.

I'm not finding any Crocs so far so I'm not sure how this works.

Is the module supposed to spawn Crocs near players randomly?

Do I have to place Crocs too?

Thank you for the reply.

If I recall they will spawn randomly within a certain range of players. You can also place an individual croc somehow... probably under Units > Animals.

They only work in water when on land they have problems (they were not designed to go on land).

I have an Overpoch Lingor server.

I don't think I added the module the right way. I have a serverside file I'm using to add buildings and I just tried to add module & Croc to that file but it doesn't seem to work.

How would you add the module?

Would you put it in the server pbo or in the mission file?

Thanks for the help.