Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

Hmm, I have tested it once again, but now it seems to be working. BUT... sometimes they see me anyway. Thankfully it's relatively small percent of all engagements I had today, but I suggest to check it out once again before release. Just in case.

Most of these bugged firefights were conncted with situation "I am in grass, they are not". It maybe seems AI sees sometimes in the grass when they are away? Of what if locations where one grass ends and another starts is bugged? These are only my thoughts anyway.

AI can only see the view geometry level of detail of any given object/model. If AI see one wince of your player through some gap in the view geometry of anything, they will engage you depending on how they have been configured. Arma2/OA's stock engagement values were not used for our mod. Stock values are pretty relaxed. Other mods use different values *IF they even thought to configure them. We used a much more aggresive system. IT has been tweaked even more since tests several months ago to produce more realistic/desired results.

It's been done already....kind of

Get rid of the Black soldiers, the US military was segregated at the time. Black soldiers only saw combat in specific companies, other than that they were strictly non-combat troops. Same goes for the Asian troops.

There is a way to edit the faces so that only European faces are used for the units. Such as with the CDF troops or Czech troops BIS made. I suggest you do this If you want this to be realistic.

I am not a racist but this cuts realism

Don't feel the need to justify yourself mate.

EDIT

Glad to see you're making it realistic.

is there a way to change the equipment of the parachute? in C47 and during the jump with a parachute, soldiers equipment differently... but perhaps I ask too much...anyway ,i dont remember,are you making a part of Great Bretain land too? would be cool have some airfields there

yes,

The southern part of Britain is there,

Runways and airfields included.

Brilliant, how detailed do you intend the British part to eventually be, if your other priorities are taken care of first?

British will be well taken care of.

Bren-carriers,Shermans & Firefly,Cromwell,Churchill.

of course with Infantry,Pilots and crew.

And that's just the stuff that has been mentioned to the public so far ;)

sick! Microsoft combat flight simulator will make you a blowjob!

lol-wut.jpg

Edited by XxEnigmAxX

:D I meant to say that will be perfect for a possible air campaign .. I do not know if you've ever played cfs3 :rolleyes:

Anyway..what is the module "gliders connect : Aqu" :j: ?

seeing as im here.

I would imagine it's a module to allow the connection of Gliders to towing aircraft.

Therefor allowing gliders to get airborne ;)

As for air campaigns i have many idea's for that :P

As for air campaigns i have many idea's for that :P

Much funs depends on how much airplanes(and playability) you are creating:p

Anyway im gonna try the Aqu's module right now..lol

Put a plane and a glider nearby. Then put the module next to both and voila the glider is connected to the plane.

uhm ,have I to synchronize anything? because the glider is always positioned in front of my C47 ... however,who worked on the glider did a great job, it's perfect ;)

@Babylonjoke- I must be missing something. I thought I had been following the topic pretty well, lol. But when talking about the glider, are you talking about something that is already released or are you beta testing for the FoW: Normandy mod?

Sorry if I missed it, sometimes I have to have it broken down barney style.

EDIT- Nevermind, I d/l'd the 31stWWII mod and looked into the addons. I figured it out that there is a "test glider" in the mix.

Keep up the good work guys.

Edited by Raptor 6 Actual

Did you will make a warfare mission for the mod ?

Your mod looks awesome , I can't wait for the release !

The test glider was ment to be just a test base for the thing. Looks like it got released with the pack. Well, you will have properly looking gliders in the next release.

The test glider was ment to be just a test base for the thing. Looks like it got released with the pack. Well, you will have properly looking gliders in the next release.

Yeah, figured as much, so it didn't deter me from looking forward to the release when it's all ready. Again, keep up the good work. Loving where this is all going.

Hook up a glider in multiplayer loaded with your friends and release it. Then enjoy a few laughs as we nearly wet our pants laughing so hard when we tested it.

Rip, would it be too much of an undertaking to try and implement that dynamic physical rope released a week or so ago in conjuction with the towing ability? Not a request, just wondering if that would be a viable option?

Rip, would it be too much of an undertaking to try and implement that dynamic physical rope released a week or so ago in conjuction with the towing ability? Not a request, just wondering if that would be a viable option?

It's worth looking into. Saw it briefly on Armaholic's site, but haven't had time to check it out.

Maybe a bit off-topic

Without dispute an impressive sight; but:

I see a lot of white outlines there, casued by the transparency and alpha channels...

Any idea how to overcome / eliminate this? I am having the exact same thing bugging me with T-28 wheels and tracks... :mad:

Your probably already aware but have you tried sorting the texture selections in O2? Alphas should be on top, easy way is grab the faces with the alpha channel, cut and paste it in another lod then cut and paste back in.

Here it is interesting to me if you of fashions is about war in Europe from 1939 for 1945 means at you in a fashion there should be "a War for Britain"! It so?