Sign in to follow this  
Rg

TrueMods

Rg nice job i love this one 2, love the walk speed love the new interface set up i love the white some what grey collor ....

i love the fact that people wont need to install a other mod to make it work, i would love if strud addon had the same future ...

Hi Rg,

Good stuff, enjoying it.

I am wondering if you might be able to mend something that always irked me.

The lean animations are very 'snappy' and mechanical. Apart from not looking very human they also come with very low aimprecision values making them steady too. I would prefer something slower, more fluid useful for observing around corners but not really a stable firing platform.

I find it irritating in being shot in adversarial missions where I am happily running along and then a chap 200 meters away snaps his body 30 degrees round a corner, instantly adopts a stable firing platform and fires 2 well aimed shots into my center mass ....

Also, can you suggest to the scripters in ace that the rest weapon feature gets expanded to right hand corners such as this:

z0oo.jpg

Wow, its really nice Mate! I don't played for some Weeks now, and first thing today was to download this before playing again! And that has an good reason. Because the game feels a bit different now. Much smoother like popular FPS^^ The new Movementspeed is nice too. The Hud is just awesome, clean and has an nice overview.

Damn Good Job!

Jarhead

Regarding speeds, I wonder if you tried 1:2:4 (doubled each step up), I suspect this might feel more natural, to me the jog now feels too slow.

Sky is puuuurdy.

Hi there,

yeah jog definately seems too slow. On the other hand I really like the new HUD, well done!

Cheers,

Crusader

p.s.

is there a way to tweak the FOV for the AK series? I know you wrote it as a limitation of FOV, but I would like to ask if this is set in stone or being worked on?

Also, can you suggest to the scripters in ace that the rest weapon feature gets expanded to right hand corners such as this:

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/827/z0oo.jpg

Are you sure you can't already do that? I rest my weapon on vertical walls all the time, and I think I would have noticed if it was only on left hand corners.

@Jinef

I have not come across lean entries in the configs, but never specifically looked. My guess is that its hardcoded, but I'll take a look. While it is too fast when pressing a key, if a change is even possible it would probably conflict with TrackIR's analog ability.

As maturin already mentioned, you can already attach to a wall (seems easier when leaning?). Anyway, it's best to register if not already and create issues HERE

@Mr. Charles

The gun display only disappears when left on the default mode (usually semi and sometimes auto). This is how it works in default A2 and the same with this. Its probably just more noticeable to you now since the text is bigger?

@Defunkt

Thats a difficult ratio thats not really possible. I'm not sure what you have in mind, but you can't really slow down jog much more without looking and feeling odd. If the jog is too slow for you now, that means jog would need to be sped up a bit and then on top of that, sprint would need to be superhuman fast to maintain that 1:2:4 ratio.

@TheCrusader

Changing the value for a few specific guns breaks all consistency and should be avoided. There is a solution to this, but it requires MLODs of the weapons themselves. Then it's just a matter of moving the eyepoint forward a bit. If MLOD's ever get released, I'll for sure include a fix in the addon or make an extra addon that fixes this.

@Wolfstriked

No, but I might make something although some changes are a bit hard to convey.

-----

Also, mirrors updated

Edited by Rg

Thanks, a good job! I like the small font and command bar mod very much, but one thing I noticed is that small font mod only works on some words, there are still 'larger' words in the editor, in weapon selection menu, etc, although I have set font to smallest in the config menu. Can you make very word on screen looks the same? On a big screen, the small font looks really cool!

Hey, great mod, I was just wondering if I can some how get the jog/run speeds to be back to normal, yet keep the faster walking speed? I opened the PBO, but I had no clue where to start!?

Cool :)

It cleans up some of those little things that stick out like a sore thumb to anyone not fully desensitized to "the way ArmA is" compared to every other shooter out there.

I dig the increase in animation transitions, the movement speeds ect. However, I have a question... is there anyway to reduce the prominent weapon model bobble when you are moving? When you are not using ironsights, the weapon POV model bobbles in a very artificially mechanical way... it makes me feel like I've got Parkinson's or something.

Is there any way to reduce the effect? I think increasing the movement speeds increased (exaggerated) this effect and made it even more pronounced.

Also, you look kind of goofy moving around with your pistol out.

@xy20032004

I'll might have a look at that, but wouldn't be a high priority for me (lot's more work with little gain).

@Lib3r8eR

Look for "run" in the class names and read up on cfgmoves in the biki, it's pretty straight forward. Also, read the readme for license info.

@Spamurai

Your correct, the more weapon bobble is a direct result from increasing animation speeds. There is no current way to fix that. You would have to edit the animations which we are not currently able to do. Oh, how I wish there was :(

----

Mirrors updated

Great release. I really missed TrueMods in ArmA 2. :)

Will there be a TrueAI release like there was in ArmA?

Addon TESTED :

BRILLIANT ADDON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like my soldier is finally a real person, not a robot

with parkinson. As for the fov and player speed, i think it is perfect too! Please don't change it.

The only problem is that the small zoom (very nice feature btw) makes it very hard to spot and engage at 200/300m or above without any acog. I think it is perfectly ok and realistic . I like that very much as it gives back the real use to binculars.

BUT, AI should have a slightly less spot engagement distance too.

At the moment, a regulaer AI soldier (no acog or else) can spot and engage me from too far i tink. (i use vanilla AI, no mod).

Test it. You can't really see an AI at 200/300 m. They should'not too, unless they hear you shooting.

What do you think?

P.S: I reinstalled Arma just for this addon. And hell it was worth it!

Please fellas can someone post a video?I am playing another game and do the erase game to install a new one thing.I don't wanna lose my spot just to install this to view it and then uninstall and reinstall my game....lol please...:rolleyes:

Please fellas can someone post a video?I am playing another game and do the erase game to install a new one thing.I don't wanna lose my spot just to install this to view it and then uninstall and reinstall my game....lol please...:rolleyes:

Huh? I don't follow why you would need to erase the game and reinstall to try the mod :confused:

I noticed that long weapon names are getting slightly clipped by the BigText HUD... like so:

bigtextclipped.png

hmm. I'm stil playing with this addon and it is awesome.

Sorry if i repeat myself but i need to know what are you thoughts about the AI Spot Distance?

For me, as the zoom is really small (that is a good thing), without acog i cant' seem to be able to Spot/Engage an enemy infantry properly above 250m.

So i think the AI should not be able to do so either.

1- How could i tweak the AI spot distance myself?

2- Do you think it is a reasonable thing to do?:p

How do you put the GPS on the screen? Ctrl+M doesn´t work :s

Be sure you have the gps equipped to begin with or else you won't be able to bring it up.

Ok, i tested it again.

I can see a silhouette enemy at 300/400m and properly engage. Above that i have to use an acog. I think that it is good value. But just out of curiosity, what is the AI spot distance in vanilla?

(veteran //Enemyskill=1 and EnemyPrecision=0.3)